Can't access property to replace boiler or do repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Strange one but urgent. 

We have a conservatory and understood that for urgent repairs we could access above the conservatory by going through the neighbours garden. 

Now she has built a giant patio out the back and we can't get our boiler replaced because we can't get to the flue.

Any advice. 

Thanks

A bit more description of the access problem would assist.....why cant you get to the side of the conservatory/flu area because of a patio ?

Are you on good terms with your neighbor ?

What has changed since the boiler was fitted and now access is not available ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The neighbour is very unfriendly. Her house is falling to bits.  We built our conservatory 5 years ago.  Flue was moved above it. Now it's broken and we are able to access the Flue for a boiler change because she has now put in a giant cage in her garden.  We can't access any rear part of the property now for maintenance. 

We could access before by going down the side of the conservatory and taking the fence panel out and putting in a ladder..albeit the ladder was on her property but I'm sure we are allowed to.  Now the only way to access is to climb on to of her cage or have her remove it. Its huge.  Like a tiger enclosure. We are mid terrace town house

Perhaps if you could post some pictures of the outside/interior/boiler/ flu here to your topic...you may get some further useful suggestions.

If you read the link I provided above...you are legally entitled to access through her property....although not sure how until you post up the pics.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

On 02/07/2021 at 12:04, Hideyspidey said:

We built our conservatory 5 years ago.  Flue was moved above it.

Did you need access via your neighbour's land prior to constructing the conservatory or did you assume she would sunsequently have to limit what she did on her property to accommodate you? 

We always shared access, she uses our rear path and gate that we mintain for her, we also do her fence etc, but i see your point. Weve opted for scaffolding now but her catio is above size  limit by 2m and she has no planning permission