NatWest Packaged Account claim rejected due to timebar

10MWTM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon,

I recently made a complaint to NatWest about Packaged Bank Account fees to try and reclaim them.

Natwest replied that they were unable to investigate the complaint due to a Package Account Notice of Variation, a Packaged Account Information pack and Annual Statements of Eligibility they have sent to me.

Just wondered if anybody else had success challenging this.

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you. 😀

your thread title states - time barred?

wonder why they are also putting up all those other excuses for not refunding you....?

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How far did you go back...more than 6 years ?  There is no time limit on how far back you can claim, in England and Wales the statute of limitation is six years, Scotland is five years. The further back you go, the harder it is to raise a claim but it is still possible.

If your package was sold more 15 years ago, Nat West are and was regulated at the time and if you didn't become aware of the mis- selling until recently, you can still raise a complaint and make a claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

i got £1700 back from the co-op in 2018 going back to the 1990's

theres no time limit, it's when YOU baecame aware you could reclaim.

have a read of a few of those threads in that link

then you'll have a few ideas how to move it forward.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you.

I will have a look through and find the threads.

I read somewhere before it was from the time you became aware but NatWest’s letter said the information I received from them was more than three years ago and hence they couldn’t investigate my complaint.

they are trying to apply the FCA CCL letter ruling on PPI to other than PPI, that doesn't wash mostly.

it means they should have written to you informing you you could reclaim and you ignored them.

the stumbling block is sometimes the 'resonably been aware' you could have reclaimed ........

and they

As NatWest have said they will not investigate is it worth going back to them again or do you think it should be sent straight to the Ombudsman?

When I took out the packaged account it was as it was the only way of having a continued overdraft at the time.

Thanks.

Thank you.

When NatWest quote the complaint falls outside the time limits for the bank to review complaints as set by the Financial Conduct Authority is this correct or is it being wrongly applied in this case?

Would the Ombudsman consider the complaint or just say the same as NatWest that it falls outside the time limits for them to review?

Thanks 🙂

I've already covered that in my post # 4......its a case of being a nuisance and you wont go away.....although you state the package fees go back to the 1990s...what date did you stop them or are you still paying for the package ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

So if your still paying why have NW not upheld your complaint (claim) at least going back to 2014 ?...That's 6 years worth ?

NatWest said it is outside the FCA three-year time rule as I was sent a Packaged Account Notice of Variation in 2013.

NatWest say this should have made me aware I had cause for concern and should have made enquiries to investigate the features of the account further.

Nonsense.....raise it with the Ombudsman now ...stop paying the monthly fee......and scan redact and upload a copy of NW response.

Also.....try to get the word complaint out of your reasoning...this is not a complaint ...its a claim...complaints can be fobbed off....claims cant.

You will have to check when stopping the fee if you can on the current account type...you may have to switch account to a standard account or possibly another unconnected Bank.

WWW.WHICH.CO.UK

Have you been mis-sold a packaged account? Banks need to follow specific rules before selling you a packaged account. Read our guides to...

here...

i believe since the 'closure' of the PPI debacle in aug 2019 this was more widely used for other 'claims'.

dx

PPI CCL 3yrs letters final fg12-17.pdf

and they

NatWest didn’t mention anywhere that they sent a CCL letter to me as part of their reasons.

Their decision on the three-year time rule is based on sending me the Packaged account notice of variation which they say was sufficient to make me aware of the inappropriateness of the account for me and the options to switch to a fee-free account.

As it doesn’t mention anywhere that this is a final decision do you think I should contact them first or go straight to the Ombudsman?

Thanks 🙂

yes. back to NW

but you need to play the game of chess properly and always out think their next move.

and they