Reduced ESA

aw248
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, 

I hope someone can help me.

I have been on Contribution-Based ESA for a long time, in the support group.

I had 2 letters from Job Centre Plus. One in March 2021 which shows the correct amount of benefit I should  be receiving (£131 a week) 
In April I received another letter, the benefit was reduced to £113 a week. I have disputed this amount as my circumstances haven't changed.

I telephoned Job Centre Plus last week to find out why it's been reduced.

I was told two things;
1) They have sent me out a form to fill. I never received the form.
2) When my partner received permanent stay in the UK, I haven't notified them.

My partner came to the UK 11 years ago, I telephoned DWP and told them my circumstances have changed (My partner is living with me) they sent me out a form to fill.
In the form I stated in that form that I do not wish to claim any benefits for my partner.

I had a few more forms sent to me later on in the years, which I filled out my partners details and stated that I do not wish to claim any benefits for my partner. 

I had a telephone call from Job Centre Plus late last year, asking me why I'm not claiming for my partner. I said she is looking for work and I don't want to claim for her.
He said he wants me to close the claim and claim universal credit with my partner. I declined. 

I feel Job Centre Plus are trying to force me onto universal credit and cutting my benefit.
Job Centre Plus are doing this just to keep their books in order and move me onto universal credit which I understand is a different department.  

I will be asking for reconsideration for this decision, and wait for what Job Centre have to say as I have had nothing in writing stating why my benefit has been reduced.

I appreciate any help and advice. 

Please note my son is typing for me, so there may be a delay in replies. Thanks.

Hi.

I expect people like unclebulgaria from the site team or others in the know will be along later to advise you, so you may not get your answer straight away.

We understand about delays on your side, good for your son for helping. :)

HB

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

You need to include your partner on the claim, as their information may affect the claim.

Please provide exact amounts for the 20/21 an 21/22 period, as the £133 and £113 amounts don't appear to be exact amounts that relate benefit rates.

What ESA components were you entitled to.  Personal Allowance, Support Group, Enhanced Disibility Premium.

You should have had letters from DWP telling you the ESA benefit components for the two years in question.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thank you for your replies.

Benefits for 2020-2021 was £130.65 per week, I received a letter this year in March 2021 for the same amount.

Then I received another letter in April 2021 for a reduced amount of £114.10 per week, £16.55 less than the previous year.

I’m in Support Group, components 

I have requested Job Centre Plus for a mandatory reconsideration, it’s been six weeks and I haven’t had any reply from Job Centre Plus

The letter was sent by registered delivery

Can you please check if I’m getting the correct amount of benefit?

I don’t know why it has been reduced from the last year

My circumstances haven’t changed since last year.

I used to get letters from Department of Work and Pension regarding the benefit and now I am getting letters from Job Centre Plus, have the rules changed?

I appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

From April 2021, the Enhanced disability premium is not included.

Were you aware that ESA were going to remove the Enhanced disability premium from your claim ?

According to the DWP website, you need to be under pension credit age.  Have you reached the pension credit age ?

Enhanced disability premium

To get this, you must be under pension credit age.

You must get the disability premium or income-related ESA, and one of the following:

• PIP daily living component at the higher (‘enhanced’) rate
  • AFIP
  • DLA care component at the highest rate

You’ll also get this if you’re in the support group for income-related ESA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

When you orginally claimed ESA, was this based on National Insurance contributions you had paid ?

Or was the ESA claim income related, because you had not made NI contributions during the qualifying years ?

If contributions based award, apparently your partner does not need to join a joint couple claim.

If income based award, if your partner is working, they will need to be added to your ESA claim.  Failure to apply this change of circumstances may result in a large overpayment debt.