Elite debt recovery and window cleaner

Warcraft76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Everyone was so helpful with my last issue I am hoping for a bit more advice.

About three years ago I had a regular window cleaner company but they starting playing around. Firstly by randomly turning up to do the windows earlier than expected then one time they opted to come round and climb over my fence to do the back windows whilst I was out. 

Then the fun started as they claimed to have cleaned the windows on two separate occasions but it was apparent they hadn't (the birds mess on the kitchen window was the clue) and they tried to bill me for the clean.

After two occasions of not cleaning the windows I stopped the direct debit system they used (go cardless) as I refused to pay for something they hadn't done. Queue the various demands for payment which I ignored.

They sent letters in the post asking for £60 and a year ago said if I didn't pay they'd send me to the debt collection agency. 

Today, I get a letter from elite debt collection in Sunderland asking for £72 for the window cleaning company as they are now acting for them with the popular if I don't pay in 7 days it's off to court threat.

Firstly,  as there was no signed agreement in place with the window cleaner firm can the debt collector add a fee to the alleged debt?

Secondly, can they just rush off to money claim and take me to small claims without a letter before action?

I'm quite happy to defend if they did as they didn't clean my windows no matter what random invoice they may have on their systems.

Thank you :)

bet it doesn't say WILL anything

a dca has ZERO legal powers to take anyone to court esp if they don't OWN the debt

i'e they state our client is XXXXX

only the owner of a debt can do court.

and as a dca is NOT a bailiff etc etc let them huff n puff.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What is the name of the window cleaning business?

Have you taken photographs of the dirty windows et cetera?

And just for the record, a powerless DCA cannot add anything to an alleged debt regardless whether they own it or not.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!