ARC Europe for Gymbox - Claiming for notice period

Glasr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Have not attended Gym since March, it was a fixed term membership which I thought would end automatically.

I was wrong and Terms and Conditions advise that it then falls into a rolling membership which can be cancelled with 2 months (!!!) notice.

When I checked my account and I saw that a new month had been debited I called them and they advised I was not in a live rolling membership and I needed to cancel online if I wanted to. Which I did and I received email confirmation that my membership is now cancelled.

However I had cancelled my DD immediately and one month notice is outstanding.

I have not replied to their emails and now ARC Europe is chasing (130 GBP, as they add their fees on top of the 1 month notice outstanding).

Extremely tempted to ignore all correspondences.

Will the outstanding month go back to the gym if I don't reply?

Who normally goes to court, ARC or the gym?

What's the actual risk even if they go to a county court?

Many Thanks for your assistance and kindest regards.

Glasr

gyms don't do court

gyms don't sell debts on

gym debts don't appears on credit files

ideally you should write to the gum offering the 1 months owing fee and nothing more giving them 14 days to reply with bank details for a bacs transfer

but they wont or they will and be greedy ...so they can all go..:rant:..........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Glasr and welcome to CAG

When did you join the gym?

Was it a 12 month agreement?

When did they start taking DD's again?

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi There,

It was a 3m membership which had lapsed into a rolling membership and therefore could be cancel anytime but with a 2 months notice.

They have taken 1 month notice by DD and then I cancelled the DD (therefore 1 month notice is outstanding which is why they are after me now).

I have email confirmation from them that the membership is now cancelled so do not expect anymore DD. The claim is for a relatively small amount (still a lot of cash in this environment!) which I assume is the 1m gym fee + an admin fee from ARC.

What bothers me is that they charge for 2m notice, What do they need 2m notice for? Have not been there since lockdown in March. I know I am stuck because it was all in the Terms and Conditions but am still reluctant to pay this extra month as I find it very unfair. Just wonder how they normally operate and if they could actually go to CC, for 100 GBP + any interest. Don't want to leave a scuff on the credit score if they did go to court.

Thank you Both, really admire you helping everyone on this forum: Respect.

Edited by Glasr

5 hours ago, dx100uk said:

gyms don't do court

gyms don't sell debts on

gym debts don't appears on credit files

dx

did you not read my last post...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As DX says, gyms no longer take court action or threaten your credit score.

However, I asked 3 Q's above and I'd like answers to them please.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)