Marlow vs Lloyds TSB

Rachel27
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

I have been reading this site with interest and recently began to try and claim back my bank charges from Lloyds TSB. I have sent the first letter asking for details of charges debited from my account in the last 6 years along with authorisation to debit the £10 fee from my account. I have now received a letter back stating that the bank has 40 days to respond (which i estimate to be 10 November) but they havent debited the £10 fee from my account as yet. What should I do?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There

I have been reading this site with interest and recently began to try and claim back my bank charges from Lloyds TSB. I have sent the first letter asking for details of charges debited from my account in the last 6 years along with authorisation to debit the £10 fee from my account. I have now received a letter back stating that the bank has 40 days to respond (which i estimate to be 10 November) but they havent debited the £10 fee from my account as yet. What should I do?

Hi There

Dont worry some banks do not charge you. You have their conformation letter so you are ok, just wait for the 40 days.:-D

But their letter to me stated that i should sign the attached letter to give permission to debit £10 from my account - which is what i did but to date it has not been debited

ok ring them or write to them and tell them that you have sent the signed letter back, explain that as far as you are concerned the 40 days have started from your iinitial request.

• Confused 1

I rang the bank today, they confirmed they had received my authorisation to debit the £10 from my account. They advised that the letter notifying me of all the charges will be sent to me within the next 10 days and that once it was sent, the £10 would be debited.

I havent changed banks, in fact they are still charging my account! If by SAR you mean the first letter asking them to provide all charges made from the past 6 years - then yes i have just sent that to them and they should be sending the list of charges to me within the next 10 days.

Well thats up to you really. If you are thinking of trying to claim back any charges your bank has debited from you, its probably wise to open up a new account elsewhere, just in case your bank decide to close your account when they realise what you are trying to do. That hasnt happened to me yet, but I have read about it happening to a few people.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I have received my RFI back from the bank which I believed was supposed to be detailing the last 6 years of charges. The charges have been listed from 03/09/01 - 02/10/06 as a list but from 27/06/00-03/09/01 they have given me the full statements which show the charges. Can I still use those statements as proof of my charges? I am slightly confused because back in 00/01 I appear to have only been charged £5 overdraft usage fee for some of the the months - can I still claim this back?

Can anyone help me please - I have received the RFI so am I about to send them the 2nd letter asking for the refund of my charges. Do I attach the spreadsheet with this letter? If yes, should I use the simple or advanced version. Also, on my statements it details overdraft interest, should this be added to my request for a refund? Please help, I am anxious not to make a mistake with this.

• 1 month later...

Having sent my letter off along with the simple spreadsheet showing all the charges I have received over the last 6 years, I now have a letter from TSB refusing to refund the charges for the following reasons:

"You've mentioned the new guidelines from the OFT on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. The fees we charge for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit are not default charges because you havent broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations"

:idea: My question is should I still go ahead and send the next letter giving them 14 days to refund or I will go to court? Is this a normal reply from TSB?

Rachel,

You really need to set up a thread in the Lloyds TSB forum, we will be able to advise you whether this is standard practice for them.

We can also answer any queries that you have as your claim progresses ;)

Best of luck

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

Having sent my letter off along with the simple spreadsheet showing all the charges I have received over the last 6 years, I now have a letter from TSB refusing to refund the charges for the following reasons:

"You've mentioned the new guidelines from the OFT on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. The fees we charge for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit are not default charges because you havent broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations"

:idea: My question is should I still go ahead and send the next letter giving them 14 days to refund or I will go to court? Is this a normal reply from TSB?

I had started this thread in the wrong place - hopefully I am now in the correct place for a claim against TSB. The above question has just been answered and I am going to press ahead with the next letter giving them 14 more days before I proceed with a request for a court date. WATCH THIS SPACE

I have a few queries that I am hoping someone can help me with please.

I believe the next letter I should send is the LBA (letter 3 in the library templates folder). Is this correct as it seems pretty similiar to my previous letter?

I sent the simple spreadsheet where the charges were listed and the interest was calcuated for me, this was included this with my original letter. I didnt really understand about the interest so I am wondering if I have done the right thing as reading through other threads, a lot seems to be based on whether this has been submitted correctly.

Finally, can I add an amount onto the spreadsheet that was recently deducted from my bank account? If I can, do I have to highlight that I have done this in the LBA letter?

No.. i will have a look

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Rachael

You can amend your charges spreadsheet with the new charges and adjust the interest as a few more days have passed since the first letter. Make sure you adjust to wording on your LBA to include the additional money being claimed. Send your LBA now. I am assuming that you have heard back from them with a rejection to all of your requests.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers