US elections November 2024 [amended 18/04/24 - HB]

Could Trump going into exile in say Russia and not attend any of the Court trials?

According to several leading constitutional experts in the US, the constitution may not allow Trump to be a candidate for President. But anyone wanting to stop Trump from being a presidential candidate would have to go to court in the state where they reside and then it could eventually end up in the federal Supreme Court.  ( seen several Youtube videos with panels discussing this)

I can see many more court cases being brought during the next year and for this reason, I could see anyone facing these to decide to skip the country.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Interesting video on legal arguments in the US Court cases. Might not be slam dunk guilty verdicts being assumed by many commentators.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Well, Trump isn't going to make it easy for them, is he? Delay seems to be a major tactic.

I think the Georgia case could be problematic but it's not certain it would go ahead before the elections in 2024. If the defendants were to be convicted under Georgia State law, they couldn't be pardoned by a future president. Trump hasn't ruled out pardoning himself if he's re-elected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/26/georgia-mark-meadows-trump-kenneth-chesebro/

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 5 weeks later...

A judge has ruled that Trump committed fraud over figures supplied to banks, insurers, etc. He also ordered the cancellation of certificates that allow Trump's businesses to trade in New York.

What isn't clear is whether this ruling prevents him standing for election. I have a feeling it doesn't.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The former president’s image has always been more about illusion than reality, though no revelation seems to shake the Trump faithful

• 4 weeks later...

With her trial about to start, Sidney Powell has agreed a plea deal and could testify against Trump in the Georgia case.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Plea agreement includes fine, restitution to the state as well as an apology letter, six years’ probation – and testifying at trial

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Trump’s talk of seeking to ‘weaponize’ the DoJ and ‘retribution’ for opponents poses a direct threat to the rule of law and democracy in the US should he...

• 4 weeks later...

Binder of classified material on Russia reportedly went missing in final Trump days

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

CNN and New York Times report disappearance of 2,700 pages of classified material that caused alarm in US intelligence circles

Trump leading Biden in the swing states polling 
The Dems must be trying their hardest to get rid of the old duffer🤣

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

are you moving there if Trump wins then TOR?

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

I wonder how this will pan out. Trump's likely to be seeing a lot of the US Supreme Court one way or another.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

State’s highest court declares former president ineligible for White House under the US constitution’s insurrection clause

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter one iota 
The more the dems try to weaponise the “law “
against Trump the further ahead he moved in the polls
Biden is a complete loser and the Dems will  realise this sooner or later and he will be dumped as their candidate in 2024

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Wrong way around tor

Its very clearly wind Trump who attempted to weaponise the law (or more properly breaking the law) now isnt it?  and long past time he reaped the whirlwind - just like Johnson and the Brexitish corrupt liars who delivered nothing of their promises to the British public should be in jail and banned from office

Never mind, if Trump wins you can move there eh?

Shame we aren't still in the EU or you could have far more easily moved to Hungary .. while Oban lasts - then on to whatever EU state was most far right when hes gone

- or not got the courage of your convictions? - rather like Dyson?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

perhaps more - those who support liars and their lies ..

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Get live updates from the trial of former President Trump in a $250 million fraud suit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

WWW.REUTERS.COM

The Tory Legacy

8 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Wrong way around tor

Its very clearly wind Trump who attempted to weaponise the law (or more properly breaking the law) now isnt it?  and long past time he reaped the whirlwind - just like Johnson and the Brexitish corrupt liars who delivered nothing of their promises to the British public should be in jail and banned from office

Never mind, if Trump wins you can move there eh?

Shame we aren't still in the EU or you could have far more easily moved to Hungary .. while Oban lasts - then on to whatever EU state was most far right when hes gone

- or not got the courage of your convictions? - rather like Dyson?

France looking very attractive right now 🤣

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The vote divided Mr Macron's party, with a minister resigning in protest at the tough reform.

You mean antisemitic penn? (per Jewish press) - whatever happened to your Israel support right or wrong  @edlrouge?

- is it no longer convenient?

- or perhaps you dont consider decent international Jews Israeli or worth supporting? (no typo)

“On this issue Marine Le Pen is exactly the same as her father,” said Jonathan Arfi, vice-chairman of CRIF, an umbrella body for France’s Jewish organizations.”It is a traditional position of the Front National.”

“It is a way of inscribing the Front National into its Vichy and collaborative tradition,” he said, adding that Le Pen’s words were “a huge step backwards.”

Seems extremely unlikely she will win - rather like Farage in the UK

An MEP jokes a joke even if it turns out a bad one - but have them in our parliament - mais non

The Tory Legacy

So we even have one of the anti Trump republicans defending him against the confected outrage of the dems

Broadening the Fourteenth Amendment understanding of insurrection from the horrendous bloodshed of a civil war or equivalent catastrophe will open the floodgates to tit-for-tat challenges. If Trump’s rhetorical culpability for January 6 qualifies, similar lawsuits against Democratic politicians who encouraged BLM rioters will swiftly follow. Was Kamala Harris giving “aid or comfort” when she fundraised bail money for rioters? You can imagine where this could go.

WWW.THEFP.COM

I was one of ten House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump after January 6. I think the court’s decision is shameful...

Only one? Thats a small percentage isnt it?

lol

The Tory Legacy

First US president to take/ignore (LOL) the oath of office from solitary perhaps?

Maybe the US can use one of those flatlets in Rwanda for Trump as a gesture of the special relationship eh?

Then we can ship our political criminals there too:

Johnson, Farage, Braverman, Patel ....

- Flippin Heck - we'll need a bigger Rwandan crim park

The Tory Legacy

Were the BLM people calling for guns and bloodshed though?

Trump didn't care that his people were going after the VP or hurting people at the Capitol. It was hours before his team talked him into calling off his supporters. 

What have most of them been convicted of? 

Even the dimmest of the democrats will soon realise Biden,the worst president that USA has ever had has no hope of beating Trump in the GE
Cant see him even being their candidate 
The man who fled from tribesmen in Afghan leaving millions of dollars of military hardware for them to play with,
let millions of dollars go to Iran to pay for their current war in Israel 
and has opened the southern border of the USA to every illegal immigrant in the world 
What a shameful record 
not to mention his utterly useless deputy