• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've read this thread with great interest as I've also had problems with SPML hence the username.

I had a suspended repossession order in 2006 after gaining arrears and ordered to pay £50 per month as well as contractual payments. This company has tried every dirty trick in the book such as adding block insurance when I had my own, returning perfectly good cheques and taking direct debits early or not presenting them at all. Plus a few lost payments they deny receiving.

They served a possession notice 'accidently' even though I was ahead with payments.

After 2 years of waiting for a decision from the Ombudsman I have been awarded £300 compensation and a refund of all the fees applied to the account with are unpaid direct debit fees and arrears management fees.

In January this year I received an almost full statement on SPML headed notepaper prior to the Ombudsmans final decision 2 weeks ago. Now after requesting a full arrears breakdown I've received another full statement from Capstone that shows the £300 compensation taken off the arrears but nothing else. The accompanying letter says I will have to wait for the quarterly statement and in the meantime they will be seeking possession if I do not clear the arrears.

Both statements do not add up at all and it seems I owe more now on the current statement than I did before on January's statement. By that I mean throughout the time I've had the mortgage despite the fees not yet being shown as refunded.

For example the earlier statement says the balance for 1/1/09 was £63,178.71 but the later statement says £63,698.85 for the same day. On the earlier statement there are sporadic payments of 'Interest on Arrears Reversal' credited to the account but on their most recent statement these have been omitted.

Interest on Arrears is there and for some reason this has jumped from being £27.66 on 1/12/08 to £22. 83 on 1/1/09 and then up to £49.39 on 1/2/09 despite the usual payments being made.

The Ombudman have warned SPML they will take a dim view of any fees added to the account but that hasn't stopped them from applying a Litigation Management fees of £115 instead for the last 3 months after losing their appeal to the Ombudsman.

I sent off a request for a copy of the original contract and for everything they had including the contact they had with the broker that arranged the mortgage. What a surprise! They have 'lost' all the original paperwork from 2003 and can only provide statements.

They are a joke and I fully agree that Capstone and SPML are doing all they can to repossess their assets whatever the cost to the consumer and with total disregard to best practice or the law.

How is anyone that has mortgage with these muppets supposed to clear arrears, even with a court order if they insist on adding fees and interest that outweigh the extra payments? Where is the Government on this ridiculous practice when they are preaching that they will do all they can to keep people in their homes?

Just for the record I'm compiling yet another letter to Crapstone and if they just try the usual bull, I'm prepared to go to court to enforce the Ombudmans decision, complain to the FAS and start a fresh court case for the events that have happened since. Enough is enough.

Best of luck

Rather than hijacking this Spml thread I have started my own and hopefully the info there will help others in this debate so link to this thread too if you are following this securitisation theme http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/189177-smarterchick-securitisations.html#post2038664 - fascinating stuff and I need to get to the bottom of my own...any help appreciated :p

WELCOME TO THE FORUM CRAPSTONE !!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE WITH THESE PROBLEMS...

bETTER START YOUR OWN THREAD, AND GET ONE OF THE MODS TO MOVE THIS FOR YOU...I AM SURE THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF PEOPLE ALONG SHORTLY WITH THEIR ADVICE / KNOWLEDGE AND TRUE CAGGER GRIT TO HELP YOU AND OTHERS FIGHT THE CAUSE !!!!

b-o-2

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Hi Crapstone.

In short the only thing they will respect is getting legal on their collective arses. This bunch of muppets will do anything and they need to be brought to book. I read elsewhere on this thread someone actually sent bailiffs round to their office.

1. Compile a list of all charges with the exception of payments and interest.

2. Give them 14 days to refund these onto your account. Templates are available on this site but I'm not the best person to ask where they are. Somebody will help though.

3. If they don't (which you know they wont) file a claim in your County Court adding 8% interest.

4. this will give them 28 days to file a defence

5. when they don't, which we know they wont, apply for judgment by default.

6. then write again giving the ball-less wonders 7 days.

Then when they still don't respond get a warrant of execution, ask for bailiff attendance at their registered address and get a CCJ applied against THEM. Whilst bailliff action is outstanding it helps everyone here because I believe They have to 'suspend their normal operations' i.e screwing people and their families out of hard earned cash and homes.

There's no point pussy footing around with these arrogant w**k**s. BRING THEM TO BOOK or they'll try and p**s all over the lot of us. Oh and forget the OFT. Still notify them etc, but don't expect anything from them. They all went to the same schools.

Then again, so did we, and we're every bit as resourceful as these clowns.

good luck.

EIE

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi Crapstone,

You ask the question: How is anyone that has mortgage with these muppets supposed to clear arrears, even with a court order if they insist on adding fees and interest that outweigh the extra payments?

On the experience of all borrowers who are securitised, the answer is: THAT THE "LENDER" INTENDS THAT YOU DO NOT CLEAR THE ALLEGED ARREARS. Their intention is that you redeem your mortgage either through remortgage (which is now impossible) or through repossession. If you were able to clear the arrears, then they would not be able to repossess....

...and the SPVs DO WANT repossess. They want to repossess NOW, because, the SPV is contractually obliged to redeem the NOTES that it issued to its INVESTORS. The only way they can raise the money to pay their investors the money they owe on the investor NOTES is to liquidate YOUR HOME through repossession. They then use that cash to redeem their Notes with their investors. The borrowers are the SPVs ONLY source of income - therefore it is the borrowers that are called upon to fund the repayment of the notes to investors.

Also note the JonCris post where he informs us that the largest American repossession auctioneer is setting up in the UK - why do you think they can confidently come here - because they KNOW that the securitisation companies WILL repossess so they KNOW there is plenty of money to be made in the UK on the back of the SPVs repossession policies.

As you noted - the lenders do not give you a real statement of account - so you can never reconcile the account. They do not want you to reconcile the account because then you would be able to see the extent of the overcharging and then you would be able to argue against the overcharging. The overcharging (which are amounts of money demanded to which they are not contractually entitled to charge) is how they fabricate the ALLEGED arrears so that they can make a repossession claim. Note e.g. the jump in the interest you've been charged -it doubled in one month.

Need proof of this reason: Just look at the credit ratings downgrades. When the notes are downgraded, that is one of the events that TRIGGERS the contractual right of the Investors to demand repayment of the SPVs Notes. There are other trigger events that trigger the investors right to have the SPV redeem the Notes, most of which will probably have been triggered. Upshot is: they MUST liquidate your home in order to pay the investors.

Once we accept this as the fact, and stop believing that these lenders will be 'reasonable', then we will be better placed to fight them off. Pussyfooting around with the belief that they will be honourable and fair (and a belief that they will operate within the law) are naive beliefs. Borrowers must mount a full defence - in your case (as with everyone else), it is worth going through your accounts and evidencing the overcharging. Even if all you can do is show that their accounts are inconsistent and irreconcilable, it will demonstrate that the account must contain errors. So everyone should consider challenging the accuracy of the amounts claimed on the claim form.

The fees are unfair and therefore not payable under the Unfair Contract Terms Acts. Again, another element of the amounts claimed that should be challenged in your defence. In fact, alot of the terms and conditions in the mortgage contract are unfair and unenforceable e.g. dumping you with their legal fees when you have no legal representation. The SPVs are all in breach of contract for their obvious intention to not honour the 25 year term of the loan etc. - this is tough one to articulate in a defence, but perhaps consider using the House of Commons Butler evidence to demonstrate the point.

Enoughisenough is right - CAGgers have shown have incredibly resourceful and intelligent consumers really are and although it is hard work, at some stage the scandal of this rot will come out. I echo his sentiment where he says: "There's no point pussy footing around with these arrogant w**k**s. BRING THEM TO BOOK or they'll try and p**s all over the lot of us. Oh and forget the OFT. Still notify them etc, but don't expect anything from them. They all went to the same schools."

Hi super. You beauty! you keep hitting that nail right on the head.

I'll pm you later on today with some interesting developments and a proposal which could benefit all which I want to run by you first before I act on it.

Keep the faith. EIE

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hi All,

Very important development that may assist all CAGgers. Check out this thread - an eminent QC will be writing an opinion on this topic:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/186867-carmel-butler-house-commons.html

Many thanks to Last of the Mohicans for starting that thread and many thanks to PammyG's input.

Supersleuth

Hi Everyone

Not been around for a while due to family illness,but been popping on when got chance to read posts.

I really don't mind people hijacking my thread,as at the end of the day we are all in this together!!

So by all means,post away all you like.

I have taken a step back at moment due to others needing me,i'm too tired to even consider fighting on at present,but hopefully in a weeks time when I recover,I should have the energy to fight onwards.

You have all been doing so well,keep it up & don't let the barstools grind you down!!!

Littledotty27

Hi All,

Very important development that may assist all CAGgers. Check out this thread - an eminent QC will be writing an opinion on this topic:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgages-secured-loans/186867-carmel-butler-house-commons.html

Yup, something to look forward to :)

Many thanks to Last of the Mohicans for starting that thread and many thanks to PammyG's input.

Supersleuth

I think we need to thank Sced really SuperSlueth - he posted it first, all I did was break it down into Jpegs so people could outline various points for themselves to use in cases.

Sced, take a bow :)

No, take two :):)

In knowledge lies wisdom

Mo - not even a bar-stool lawyer, but I'll help where I can...

Bows all round I reckon, you guys have squeezed blood out of an otherwise granite hardpiece.

Supersleuth, you mentioned this below:

"In fact, alot of the terms and conditions in the mortgage contract are unfair and unenforceable e.g. dumping you with their legal fees when you have no legal representation"

Is this a fact? I've had 3 or 4 attempts to repossess me over the years having had my mortgage since the early 90's. Each time with all the legal costs being dumped on my account..are you now saying I shouldn't have had that when each and every time I had no representation? I just haggled away myself until they 're-arranged' my arrears. Which legislation because I am going to be sending a letter out toute suit if it's true. I can't believe we keep finding stuff out like this, no wonder the place is in such a diabolical mess with all these scams going on...

Edited by Smarterchick
my typing is diabolical too! LOL

Yes it is true. But nobody (that I know of) has challenged the clause that is responsible for the automatic charging of legal fees to the borrower. It must be challenged. I've written about this before. I'll see if I can re-find the post.

BTW: You're right - I too really appreciate Sced putting up the post (nice work Sced)- but you deserve a huge pat on the back because you started the thread that caused PammyG to join the forum (she says that in her first post)...and PammyG brought our attention to the eminent QC's involvement.

And I second your sentiment that we should all take bows all round - especially Littledotty (good to have you back Littledotty). Big thanks to her for starting this thread and letting this incredible momentum to develop in the first place! Maybe Littledotty can get in touch with her ITN contact, that would really put this rot on the map!!!...and make it easier for us to present our points in court.

Supersleuth

Yes it is true. But nobody (that I know of) has challenged the clause that is responsible for the automatic charging of legal fees to the borrower. It must be challenged. I've written about this before. I'll see if I can re-find the post.

Supersleuth

which clause are we referring to? - sorry, vacant moment

Bows all round I reckon, you guys have squeezed blood out of an otherwise granite hardpiece.

Supersleuth, you mentioned this below:

"In fact, alot of the terms and conditions in the mortgage contract are unfair and unenforceable e.g. dumping you with their legal fees when you have no legal representation"

Is this a fact? I've had 3 or 4 attempts to repossess me over the years having had my mortgage since the early 90's. Each time with all the legal costs being dumped on my account..are you now saying I shouldn't have had that when each and every time I had no representation? I just haggled away myself until they 're-arranged' my arrears. Which legislation because I am going to be sending a letter out toute suit if it's true. I can't believe we keep finding stuff out like this, no wonder the place is in such a diabolical mess with all these scams going on...

hi smarter chick,

I have just been whittling away at my statements, listed all the legal charges, and am going to request true copies of all invoices and full breakdown and explanation of costs.(just in case they forget to send it with my anticipated SAR. Because these costs are not even consistent, for example we had a hearing suspended due to medical issues with my husband, they (crapstones AND hand in glove solicitors) charged us £150.00+ for not having to turn up (courts faxed them paperwork through in plenty of time) then when we appeared 3 weeks later at the court hearing they charged us £130.00+. Iam just waiting on my new statement, as i know arrears balance has shot up anothe r £1.000 + since begining of feb...cant wait to see what they have added this month ?

Am also sending a letter regarding all the arrears management fees that have been applied too, especially interested as to why they added them a week after we had cleared one lot of arrears and balance was actually in credit ??

Am also sending a letter about the so called administrative errors that keep happening at the moment, love these letters, they dont actually explain what this was and how it has come to be, funny they make administrative errors to my expense again....These ar*e wipes will wonder

why they opened up my can of worms!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

CHEERS !!

B-O-2

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Crapstone ...you mentioned in your post, the block building insurance...are you on it ?? i know i am. A thought has popped into my head..!!!

B-o-2

Crapstone ...you mentioned in your post, the block building insurance...are you on it ?? i know i am. A thought has popped into my head..!!!

B-o-2

hehe... ah yes, the "Pay us block insurance EVEN THOUGH you send us noted insurance (but we miraculously lose it and block insure you anyway) clause" - that little bit of fraud is about to bite someone on the arse... :)

In knowledge lies wisdom

Absolutely right.

Now make sure you get it spot on. They will waste your time otherwise! Help is always available here and you can always PM for second opinions. THese muppets trawl this site just to see what they can glean. Use the forum for their abuse (that way it's in full public glare) and us the PM for specialist advice relating directly to your case. Other caggers are trying real hard to put a stop to this abuse, and we will prevail.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

BTW: You're right - I too really appreciate Sced putting up the post (nice work Sced)- but you deserve a huge pat on the back because you started the thread that caused PammyG to join the forum (she says that in her first post)...and PammyG brought our attention to the eminent QC's involvement.

:)

In knowledge lies wisdom

Last of the Mohicans,

Waiting with baited breath....can't wait to hear what you've got!

Hehe - edited for clandestine effect, but you got there too quick ;) Twill be... interesting eh? ;)

In knowledge lies wisdom

OK EIE is going for it from his newly acquired comfort zone!

If a formidable SAR can get them to back down anything is possible.

Help in assembly of the defence will be appreciated. I will keep all you guys posted.

These muppets will deny sunrise as it's staring them in the face. it's sunsrise for us and sunset for them!

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Can we all have a peep? :p

Course, when the time is right - but I did edit my post for a reason, so bear with me if I act coy for now. :) As we all know, beady eyes are watching - not that it'll do 'em much good in this instance.

In knowledge lies wisdom

I ve totally lost the plot, with where you guys are coming from... Have i blinked and missed something.. ??? I only went over to photobucket for 5 minutes....

which clause are we referring to? - sorry, vacant moment

The clause which no matter if they win OR LOSE allows the mortgage lender to get you to pay their legal fees. So either way you are stuffed for legal fees which could amount to £1,000's