• Tweets

• Any chance of some advice with filling in the N164 please?    I've sent an EX107 to the Court to request transcript of the Judgment to use in an appeal but the Courts still haven't actioned this and my 21 days expires on Tuesday
    • The lawsuits allege the companies preyed upon "vulnerable" young men like the 18-year-old Uvalde gunman.View the full article
    • Hi, despite saying you would post it up we have not seen the WS or EVRis WS. Please can you post them up.
    • Hi, Sorry its taken me so long to get round to this, i've been pretty busy today. Anyway, just a couple of things based on your observations.   Evri have not seen/read my WS (sent by post and by email) as they would have recognised the claim value is over £1000 as it includes court fees, trial fees, postage costs and interests, and there is a complete breakdown of the different costs and evidence. I'd say theres a 1% chance they read it , but in any case it won't change what they write. They refer to the claim amount that you claimed in your claim form originally, which will likely be in the same as the defence. They use a simple standard copy and paste format for WX and I've never seen it include any amount other than on the claim form but this is immaterial because it makes no difference to whether evri be liable and if so to what value which is the matter in dispute. However, I have a thinking that EVRi staff are under lots of pressure, they seem to be working up to and beyond 7pm even on fridays, and this is quite unusual so they likely save time by just copying and pasting certain lines of their defence to form their WX.   Evri accepts the parcel is lost after it entered their delivery network - again, this is in my WS and is not an issue in dispute. This is just one of their copy paste lines that they always use.   Evri mentions the £25 and £4.82 paid by Packlink - Again, had they read the WS, they would have realised this is not an issue in dispute. They probably haven't read your WS but did you account for this in your claim form?   Furthermore to the eBay Powered By Packlink T&Cs that Evri is referring to, Clauses 3b and c of the T&Cs states:  (b)   Packlink is a package dispatch search engine that acts as an intermediary between its Users and Transport Agencies. Through the Website, Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line. (c)  Each User shall then enter into its own contract with the chosen Transport Agency. Packlink does not have any control over, and disclaims all liability that may arise in contracts between a User and a Transport Agency This supports the view that once a user (i.e, myself) selects a transport agency (i.e Evri) that best suits the user's needs, the user (i.e, myself) enters into a contract with the chosen transport agency (i.e, myself). Therefore, under the T&Cs, there is a contract between myself and Evri.   This is correct but you have gone into this claim as trying to claim as a third party. I would say that you need to pick which fight you wan't to make. Either you pick the fight that you contracted directly with EVRi therefore you can apply the CRA OR you pick the fight that you are claiming as a third party contract to a contract between packlink and EVRi. Personally, I would go with the argument that you contracted directly with evri because the terms and conditions are pretty clear that the contract is formed with EVRi and so if the judge accepts this you are just applying your CR under CRA 2015, of which there has only been 2 judges I have seen who have failed to accept the argument of the CRA.   Evri cites their pre-existing agreement with Packlink and that I cannot enforce 3rd party rights under the 1999 Act. Evri has not provided a copy of this contract, and furthermore, my point above explains that the T&Cs clearly explains I have entered into a contract when i chose Evri to deliver my parcel.    This is fine, but again I would say that you should focus on claiming under the contract you have with EVRi as you entered into a direct contract with them according to packlink, as this gives less opportunites for the judge to get things wrong, also I think this is a much better legal position because you can apply your CR to it, if you dealt with a third party claim you would likely need to rely on business contract rights.   As explained in my WS, i am the non-gratuitous beneficiary as my payment for Evri's delivery service through Packlink is the sole reason for the principal contract coming into existence. I wouldn't focus this as your argument. I did think about this earlier and I think the sole focus of your claim should be that you contracted with evri and any term within their T&Cs that limits their liability is a breach of CRA. If you try to argue that the payment to packlink is the sole reason for the contract coming in between EVRI and packlink then you are essentially going against yourself since on one hand you are (And should be) arguing that you contracted directly with EVRi, but on the other hand by arguing about funding the contract between packlink and evri you are then saying that the contract is between packlink and evri not you and evri.  I think you should focus your argument that the contract is between you and evri as the packlink T&C's say.   Clearly Evri have not read by WS as the above is all clearly explained in there.   I doubt they have too, but I think their witness statement more than anything is an attempt to sort of confuse things. They reference various parts of the T&Cs within their WS and I've left some more general points on their WS below although I do think  point 3b as you have mentioned is very important because it says "Users can check the prices that different Transport Agencies offer for shipments and contract with the Transport Agency that best suits their needs on-line." which I would argue means that you contract directly with the agency. For points 9 and 10 focus on term 3c of the contract  points 15-18 are the same as points 18-21 of the defence if you look at it (as i said above its just a copy paste exercise) point 21 term 3c again point 23 is interesting - it says they are responsible for organising it but doesnt say anything about a contract  More generally for 24-29 it seems they are essentially saying you agreed to packlinks terms which means you can't have a contract with EVRI. This isnt true, you have simply agreed to the terms that expressly say your contract is formed with the ttransport agency (EVRi). They also reference that packlinks obligations are £25 but again this doesn't limit evris obligations, there is nothing that says that the transport agency isnt liable for more, it just says that packlinks limitation is set. for what its worth point 31 has no applicability because the contract hasn't been produced.   but overall I think its most important to focus on terms 3b and 3c of the contract and apply your rights as a consumer and not as a third party and use the third party as a backup   
    • Ms Vennells gave testimony over three days, watched by those affected by the Post Office scandal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

..Ryde, i see why you have been unsuccessful in court to get disclosure, when in your above post, you still donot understand Supers argument. That the lender through a true sale, sells both the legal & equitable title to the SPV.end of. The SPV then does not, as is mandatory under s.27(3)&(4) LRA 2002, register its titles with the LR.

..'learn from wot Super left, and put it into effect..'

ITGG!

o.p.p.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

In fairness to Ryde (and I'm sure he'll be along to defend himself in person soon) it's not that he has "misunderstood" anything. Rather, he has come to the same conclusion as many others. That conclusion, which I still don't share, but don't yet know how to successfully counter, is that the assignment from originator to spv was equitable.

Of course once you accept that then the construction of the case becomes different. I couldn't win on the unfair charges. (At least not in front of the judge who declined his own jurisdiction to hear the argument.) Does that mean I shouldn't use the UTCCRs? That seems to be the logic.

If an argument loses in court it's because it's the wrong argument. That's right isn't it? That's what your saying.

And then where does that logic leave the thousands including myself who did argue in court that it was sold lock stock and barrel and still lost that point?

With respect, there's some tortuous logic here.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Something's rattling the Guestometer...

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

..at the very least, the starting point would be the correct understanding of a true sale(Supers). then the argument you believe that lender does not own your mortgage. whether the court agrees is another matter. point is if you have chosen that path, make sure you get your facts right and you believe them, and maybe you'll get lucky like IS IT ME? notwithstanding your other defences..

ITBG?

end game.

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

..Ryde, i see why you have been unsuccessful in court to get disclosure, when in your above post, you still donot understand Supers argument. That the lender through a true sale, sells both the legal & equitable title to the SPV.end of. The SPV then does not, as is mandatory under s.27(3)&(4) LRA 2002, register its titles with the LR.

..'learn from wot Super left, and put it into effect..'

ITGG!

o.p.p.

errhm thought that was exactly the point I was trying to get over L.C.

See this extract of a very complex long post which is attempting to cover every scenario should one fail or be rejected.

THE SHAM PERPETRATED BY THE SPV TO PREVENT TRANSFER OF THE LEGAL TITLE WHEN THEY IN FACT COMPLETELY CONTROL THIS AND CAN ORDER THE ADMINISTRATOR CAPSTONE TO TRANSFER THE LEGAL TITLE AS EVIDENCED BY THE NOTICES TO NOTEHOLDERS RE SPPL.(EVIDENCE OF A TRUE SALE)THE PURPOSE BEING a) TO AVOID FEES b)TO AVOID REGULATION.

THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CONCEALMENT FROM THE BORROWER WHO SIGNED THE ORIGINAL MORTGAGE CONTRACT WITH THE ORIGINAL LENDER ON THE PRETEXT THAT THEY WERE SIGNING FOR A REGULATED CONTRACT.

Haven't yet been to court yet am still holding the line and trying by every means possible to get disclosure using every available argument in every scenario,only have to succeed on one count.

THERE IS ONLY ONE LOOPHOLE THAT PREVENTS THE SPV AS FAR AS THE COURTS ARE CONCERNED NOT BEING THE LEGAL TITLEHOLDER AND THAT IS THE FAILURE UNDER I THINK S136 NOT TO NOTIFY THE BORROWER

You have also to consider beyond this:

ok the court grants you disclosure and you find the spv is the real owner,all they then do is instruct the nominee(the original lender) to carry out the litigation for them under the irrevocable power of attorney and as mentioned in the prospectus.

This is where the non enforceability of the contract comes in as the defence because the spv is not regulated by the FSA and in consideration for the legal charge and mortgage contract you signed with the original lender your loan was to be a regulated agreement which it now cannot be as it is being administered by an unauthorised entity ie:the spv.

STILL WORKING ON IT AS I said any input welcome as its a big responsibility with a lot of ifs and buts,so criticism more than welcome.

Edited by ryde

ITBG?

Just a thought but when I linked to company house which you posted above its just the general search page...

I then did a search for various Lehman's entities/subsidiaries SPML/SPPL etc and found nothing on Attia. Wotchergot On Attia then...?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

I contacted the courts this morning with re to solicitors asking us to breach court order.

I spoke to a very nice lady,who told me to forward the letter on to the court & it would be arranged to go in front of the judge with the claimant, for them to explain as to why they have asked us to breach a court order.

Someone is in for a big slap!!! :)

Top Drawer Dotty...

Maybe the courts are getting fed up with these morons...I certainly hope so.

:D

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

ITBG?

Just a thought but when I linked to company house which you posted above its just the general search page...

I then did a search for various Lehman's entities/subsidiaries SPML/SPPL etc and found nothing on Attia. Wotchergot On Attia then...?

When I did same yesterday got first capstone then later eurosail!?

wonder if its feasible to securitise our securitisation,the crackpot govt would probably be the best bet or better still we could form cagger plc with L.C. as CEO, copy the eurosail prospectus substituting our own name and float the whole lot on the irish stock exchange.(then do a runner with the cash generated and start again,ie.normal city practice)

Edited by ryde

..tick.tock.tick.tock...attia in the dock..

stand fast.

ITBG?

end game.

What I want to know is when we can safely tell 'em to take a hike and foxtrot oscar up their own firmament.

God I HATE THEM.

If Attia goes under they are toast.Right?

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

..if you are with LMC or SPPL, the're dust anyway-no directors etc. if there are no officers in the co's, they have no authority to act upon you in court; correct otherwise...

only SPML & PML, have attia, but...not for long...then justice for all?

..bring the pain.

ITBG?

end game.

LD,

CH got a reply from PWC, that they want to keep LMC. So the notice was removed, but they will have to appoint a director asap, or another notice will go out to strike off. PWC just stalling...the insolvency investor notices on SPPL..same will occur with LMC.

ITBG?

end game.

ITBG?

There is nothing extra on Attia. I believe ITBG was refering to a recent submission that was made to CH which actually turns only to be change in directors details to state that the country of usual residence is the UK.

Sced

Well what exactly have we got here then? Simple question, probably without any simple answer.

Those entities already designated as dust. Right to sue or no right to sue? Preferably with supporting evidence. And in the case of the latter what if any are the prospects for winning this in court if we were to initiate an action on this principle? Probably reverts back to costs doesn't it as it climbs up the court food chain.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Sced,

disagree cuz, for the same reason LMC & SPPL have no directors since October 14/15 2009. Also, if they had the intention of keeping them they would filed their latest accounts. As for Attia, she may well be replaced, but again they will have to file their accounts, and 2008 ARE under the 2006 CA and they are bankrupt. Think about it, where are they getting their 'servicing revenues' from, any payments go to the SPVs, lets see their 2009 accounts? There are NO directors(LMC/SPPL), so how can they instruct? 'shadow directors' are illegal, and the accounts you have posted say 'winding down'. This is over & done with, its up to us follow through...

..bring the pain.

ITBG?

end game.

..to add, its not for me to even suggest what course of action to take. you have homes at stake. but if you are put into court by JAW, either by LMC/SPPL, print off the CH report showing NO directors and ask the court who has instructed the action. Remember, none of JAW-4, are in administration, only parent Mable. So they are all still separate 'legal' entities, that require directors, published accounts etc.

point being the instructions have come from Capstone via SPVs, its this fundamental relationship(stated in all SPV accounts), that keeps Capstone alive and repos you.

..bring the pain.

ITBG?

end game.

Edited by I'm the bad guy?

ITBG/LC

Is it worth banging this fact into CIB because the apparent write off is the only thing that is keeping all of this lot afloat and as you say they are in reality balance sheet insolvent.There seems to be some almighty great [problem] here.

WHAT IS REALLY WORTHY OF SERIOUS INVESTIGATION IS THE FACT THAT MABLE AND STORM FUNDING BOTH WITH MAJOR CREDITORS AND BOTH IN ADMIN HAVE APPARENTLY TEMPORARILY WROTE OFF MILLIONS THAT ALL THIS LOT OWE THEM (WHICH THEY BORROWED TO FUND THE LOANS THEY SOLD TO US) AND BY DOING SO ARE KEEPING AND HAVE KEPT THIS LOT AFLOAT.

CREDITORS ARE GETTING FLEECED FURTHER ALONG THE LINE IN A BIG WAY.

OUR LOT OWE FAR MORE THAN THEY OWN AND TO BUSTED COMPANIES WHO IN THEIR TURN BORROWED FROM SOMEONE ELSE WHO HAVEN'T BEEN PAID AS A RESULT OF THE FIRST OUTSTANDING DEBT WHICH THEY ARE NOT GOING TO CALL IN,INCREDIBLE.

Always bear in mind that if the lender/originator goes belly up they've still got another really big play,it isn't the end.

Edited by ryde

Ryde,

send it off anyway..I reviewed this awhile back, its legitimate- it shows how devious PWC are though, by placing Storm & Mable into administration to keep the JAWs alive.

let's not be complacent peeps!

'Judean People's Front! We're the People's Front of Judea!'

..bring the pain.

ITBG?

end game.

I'm interested in hearing of any transfers of assets from SPPL Ltd to whoever for the period September '08 up to present day.. even where that transfer relies on an agreement or contract arising prior to then...

I think it's also time for FoI requests to both the lr & hmrc now, has anyone else done this?

Zil..

all,

would it be possible for everyone here, to list direct telephone no's of all the investigating bodies, CH, CIB etc within their signatures. Reason being, gives new and old caggers, direct access to status of JAWs etc., and to speak to those who can directly answer their concerns.

I can provide all the direct tel#s, but they need to be a part of your signature. Anyone?

..bring the pain.

ITBG?

..if it hasn't already been suggested then something else that can be added to the list of actions:

..make complaint to the FSA asking for SPPL's appointed representative relationship under the Principal SPML to be terminated and authorisation withdrawn, also asking for SPPL and Amany Attia to be fined, publicly reprimanded and that if she does not resolve SPPL's solvency and lack of company directors then she has failed to adhere to the regulations and thus fails the fit and proper test and should be disqualified. Subsequently, ask that SPML should be appropriately fined and/or publicly reprimanded for failing to fulfil their regulatory duties and obligations as Principal of SPPL..

..apply the above to the other companies where possible/relevant..

..rather than digging out the FSA handbooks, here's some quick links to basic factsheets on the above:

1. http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/factsheet_appointed.pdf

2. http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/other/factsheet_approved.pdf

Zil..

ps - happy to list numbers etc..