SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Interesting, just had delivered a letter from SPPL detailing new charges applicable from 1st January 2010. They have added some new charges and it still looks like their litigation management fee of £115, will negate my agreed arrears repayment of £100 a month! Anyone else had this. I also note that the letter has come from SPPL ( the personal loans side of the business, whereas I have a mortgage with them. Any ideas why?

Edited by eagleforms
typos

eagleforms

are you saying that they are are charging a monthly litigation fee of £115 on a monthly arrears agreed payment of £100 so you will in fact owe them £15 a month after you have paid your arrears?????!!!!! if so this beggars belief.Thought sppl had been wound up.

GENERAL re proposed action

I am involved with pml over registration of a charge as previously posted.Originally I questioned in court their title to sue as they had securitised the mortgage.PML then denied this and I was asked by them to prove that it had been securitized which is difficult to say the least.

I mention this here because in any planned action against this group of lenders I would assume they will offer the same defence as a delaying tactic if nothing else and because the unfair contract terms contentions depend on securitization.It would therefore as a preliminary precaution be in everyones interest to have some definite proof of securitization of your mortgage which is not that simple or easy.The eurosail prospectuses tie a lot of this in with account numbers and mortgage amounts and location but they are not exhaustive.

Edited by ryde

Yes Ryde, quote, "Litigation Management Fee. Incurred each month when, at the close of business on the 15th (calender day) of the month, the arrears balance on your loan account is equal to, or greater than, one current monthly payment due and where your account is being managed by our litigation team".

At thye bottom of the letter it says that SPPL is an appointed representative of SPML Group. How can a company that has been wound up represent another company?

eagleforms

companies house says sppl active but with no directors !!!!!!!!!what you say is outrageous they have no right whatsoever to make any such charge.If your agreed monthly arrears payment is through a court order thats it they can,t levy such a fee and I would inform the court and tell sppl first what you are doing see if they back off .Looks like they're trying to push you into repo.Have you threatened them with the fos etc?

Ryde

I haven't yet but will now. I don't understand how a limited company can be active without directors, is it because they are in administration? I will ask them when I write to them quering their charges, how they can be trading without directors. They must have a company secretary because someone has to be responsible for their accounts, or is this why they haven't filed any accounts for 2 years. Any other small limited company would have been struck off by now. I will also write to the FSA and point out that a directorless company is trading in mortgages this must be in breach of their rules, however bias they are towards the financial institutions. At the same time I will complain about their charges, and as they seemto be geared to increase my arrears, I will also complain to the OFT.

GR, pleased let me know if this cuts across anything you are doing, because, clearly, co-ordinated action would be much more effective.

FSA Register

eagleforms link to fsa register should take you straight to sppl just click on links names (attia yet again ! who now seems to be charge of the lot!) principles etc or contact them through the ever helpful capstone surprise,surprise.

Edited by ryde

What you have both said is cast iron evidence in support of any proposed action .

eagleforms just click on the link i posted above comes under southern pacific personal loans if it doesnt work tell me and will post another direct link.company number 403923

Midge

Not on my letter it isn't:

They can charge any one of the following where my arrears balance is equal to,or greater than 1/3rd of the current monthly payment due:

Late payment charge: £25 if the arrears balance is equal to,or greater than 1/3rd of the monthly payment due

or

Arrears management fee: £85 if the arrears balance is equal to, or greater that, 1/3rd of the current monthly payment due or if they have received notification from another lender that they have taken possession of the secured property

or

Litigation Management fee: £115 as quoted earlier.

Only being managed by their litigation team seems to be the criterion.

Thanks Ryde. The link worked this time. Isn't this Attai woman a director?

Edited by eagleforms
making sense of sentence

eagleforms

amany attia listed as an individual with sppl but when you click on and search her name not listed as a director?mystery deepens in fact no directors listed,don't understand this.Perhaps someone can shed some light.

Eagle forms, all

Since the new October 2006 Companies Act, is now in force. You no longer need a company secretary, BUT you do need at least 1 director. I have posted before(OP), what the situation with SPPL Ltd- its dust.

ITBG?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

Whats going on??????????? with Mars capital/ Oakwood HL

I have a repossesion hearing very soon which they are going for a suspended posssesion order I know I can beat it but today they have offered me a discount of............... Wait for it.......£40000 ....25% for redemtion of the loan by end of Decemeber

Clearly they are as desperate to get out of it as spml /lmc and are not getting the repo's that they expected to, their financial model is falling apart

Any ideas how I can take advantage of this???

Or maybe tactics to use to hold on to this limited offer

I have a worse than bad credit rating and this is a buy to let

Ohitsonlyme

Edited by ohitsonlyme
additional info

SPPL is most certainly dust. Can anyone clarify whether they any longer retain title to sue. Immediate strike out if I haven't been notified/consented to a transfer of the legal charge from SPPL to SPML? Anyone?

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Hello guests...

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

I have a repossesion hearing very soon which they are going for a suspended posssesion order I know I can beat it but today they have offered me a discount of............... Wait for it.......£40000 ....25% for redemtion of the loan by end of Decemeber

Clearly they are as desperate to get out of it as spml /lmc and are not getting the repo's that they expected to, their financial model is falling apart

I have a worse than bad credit rating and this is a buy to let

Ohitsonlyme

Personally I would thank them for their kind offer and tell them (don't ask )

that you are giving it consideration and exploring alternative ways of raising the finance and in the light of this you suggest that the repossession hearing is temporarily vacated.You could then perhaps see a broker give him some baloney as he's only after his commission and get him to write to them confirming you're seeking refinance.In other words delaying tactics.Keep your options open.Could you get a binding offer from them?

Looks like all this lot are going bottoms up and December might be crunch time.Early redemption discounts of 25% are unheard of. see this link which will be of interest to you.

Gray1509

Re: Oakwood Homeloans posession order...

Edited by ryde

EiE,

SPPL is 'technically' a live company, because it is listed as active. So CH will be alerted from their system, that they are no directors. CH will then write to SPPL for its status, if no director is appointed it will be struck off.

I assume the situation will the same as an assigned debt to a DCA or similiar, with all the relevant defences that entails. Could be lucky for some?

ITBG?

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

I have a repossession hearing very soon which they are going for a suspended possession order I know I can beat it but today they have offered me a discount of............... Wait for it.......£40000 ....25% for redemption of the loan by end of December

I have a worse than bad credit rating and this is a buy to let.Ohitsonlyme

Is the property saleable? Let and producing rental income? Have you had a recent valuation? Do you have equity? Do some serious calculations.

1. Negotiate a bigger discount for redemption. Get your Solicitor on the case, so that the discount offer is rock solid.

2. Fight the repossession, ask for an adjournment on the grounds that you are selling (show evidence HIP etc).

3. Talk to the big Auctioneers about sell-ability, costs and reserve price. Allsops etc, at least 6 Auctions between now and year end.

Good Luck

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

SPPL is most certainly dust. Can anyone clarify whether they any longer retain title to sue. Immediate strike out if I haven't been notified/consented to a transfer of the legal charge from SPPL to SPML? Anyone?

The Consumer Protection Act 1999, 5 (5), Schedule 2 (p) is clear that a seller cannot transfer his rights and/or obligations without the consumers agreement.

GR

Nice to put a face to a name even if it is from 2002 lehman Bros Holdings Annual Report This is the person who is in most cases the sole director....

attia.jpg

“We at Lehman

Brothers all share

the same value

system, which is

one of integrity,

respect for one

another, hard

work and a complete

focus on

our clients.”

Amany Attia

wouldn't it be intruiging to know of all the machinations going on on the other side,looks a nice girl as well and single!wonder whats she's been promised for taking care of all this s..t came direct from lehmans it would appear.Perhaps she and mr marek are an item in which case her name should be patsy?They certainly focus on their clients.

Edited by ryde