Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy New Year one and all! I'd just signed in to ask a question - however as a long-time lurker I really must say @tobyjugg2is there REALLY any need to be quite so abrasive and supercilious in your posts - you seem very angry and rude? 

Everyone else on this thread seems to enjoy debating and discussing, whereas all your replies are goading and high-handed. I've no "dog in the fight" - I'm sure IRL you are a charming fellow, however here you just seem spoiling for a fight far above your paygrade?

PS/ for the record "sic" doesn't mean what you think it does! ;)

I've actually got Covid myself at the moment! Had it for about 8 days now. I've had the booster too (as I work in a healthcare setting). 
I know the plural of anecdote is not data - however for me, and all my compadrés who also have it and have had boosters (Moderna mostly) it is nothing more than an inconvenience - heavy cold vibes.

I have two friends who declined the vax (not rabid anti-vaxxers, just didn't trust the government - on the same line as that old quote from Reagan - "there's two things you never want to hear when you get a knock on your front door - 'I'm from the government; I'm here to help!' " Ha!

I respect their choices, however they are a sick as dogs right now, unable to walk from one room to t'other without breathlessness, etc.

Ideally we should live in a communal society where we look after each other, or at least not do things which deliberately harm others. But we don't. The level of selfishness where I live is unbelievable, but that's what you get when you force 100's of different cultures together in a small space with no common ground. Every "man" for himself! 

I wear a mask in enclosed public spaces now I know I'm infectious, as a simple human courtesy. However, I also think it's endemic now, so once I test negative I'll get on with it and cease.

(There ye go - hopefully a civilized answer with no need for ad hominems?) 

• Like 3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks