Avon

doompixie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have some uncleared debt with Avon, and I'm currently on a payment plan with them. The problem is that they are very poor with communication. They supplied me with one giro payment slip, which got severely battered and has now been lost. Fortunately I found some extra ones lying around with the Avon stuff I have left, but I'm not even sure this pays to the right department.

I don't know when I'm supposed to be making payments, I'm running out of ways to make my payments and I only get contact from Avon when my payments are late.

I called them today and they said they won't issue statements or send me a new giro slip. I have to make payments via phone (not possible as my overdraft is being payed off) or postal order... sent to where I have no idea.

Do I have a right to claim statements etc? I'm finding it very difficult to keep on track with this payment plan and the girl I spoke to earlier was no help, and obviously not willing to give help. :confused:

I'd write a letter to their Head Office outlining your situation, with a request for another giro slip and an everyday written contact address that payment can be sent to. Remind them that it's in their interest to make payment easy for you.

Include with the letter a Subject Access Request (it's in the templates section) and a cheque for £10. This legally entitles you to copies of everything they have on record about you, your account and their handling of it, within 40days of receipt. Send it Special Delivery (the one where you have to sign to receive it) and sit back. If they do not reply within those 40 days you may report them to the Information Commissioner for an infraction of the Data Protection Act. At the least they won't respond. At best you'll get everything, statements, payment instructions, the lot.

Update here when you get a response from them and someone'll be along to advise further.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)