British Gas & GDPR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, folks.

Just wondering if anyone can help with a query.

I had a complaint that was resolved by British Gas and would like the informtion deleted under the GDPR's provision for the right to be forgotten.

I made several calls, but hung up, as I was sick of waiting, and then decided to email.

Thing is, on one of the calls where I hung up (was waiting for more than an hour), I was having a discussion in the background about a sensitive work related topic and I'm a bit concerned it may have ben picked up by their call recording system. I wasn't actually holding the phone, at this point, but had left it on a table on loudspeaker, so I could hear when the call was answered.

Does anyone know if BG would review the calls I requested to be deleted, even if no-one had answered?

Thanks in advance.

Its rare they actually record calls anyway

and i dont think they even start the recording until allocated to a human and the system marks it as being in progress thus record now..

well thats the way the voip systems i installed worked

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I remember rightly,

following the initial voice recognition session of I think your details DOB and AC number etc,

you go to another prompt wanting you to select 1 -5? upon which dept/option, etc

the system then actually switches to classical music playing during the wait time until an advisor picks it up and selects you via #[line number/cue number]

it doesn't start recording at all in the process till the advisor has looked up your account and accepted via another keypress which I forget.

if you dial direct bypassing the robots answering machine, no recording is made.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...