caught shoplifting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey evryone

i am 16 years old 

today i was caught by a undercover guy and

have seen people receive letters and letters demanding money from rlp

i have been told i will recieve a fine of 300 pound which is ridiculous for a 2.50 powder

however i would like to know

should i ignore these letters or not

im pretty sure my mum will bow down to the pressure of the constant letters

however i wont and want to know if these people actually are legit or should i ignore

ignore them totally luxia

who said it was a fine 

it IS NOT.

only the courts can fine you

and its not going there

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

nice

and ofcourse totally unlawful.

£349.50 is the usual sum RLP try and fleece out of people under some silly civil threats

none of goes to the store

it all goes in RLP's pocket for their next staff holiday paid for by mugs that fall for their twaddle

ignore!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thankyou so much i thought rlp was a complete [problem] from the start however will they turn up at my house my family are very broke at the minute and we cant afford our stuff being took away

They won't turn up at your house, they aren't able to do that. If you do get any letters, you may want to come back here for support because these people can word letters to sound scary.

The other thing to say is that while CAG doesn't condone shoplifting, we also don't agree with firms like RLP trying to run a parallel justice system.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

He is paid  to keep the store losses down and if that is achieved by scaring a 16 year old into believing the sky will fall in then they will say that.

Now the grabbing bit is a grey area as far as the law goes because the shop isnt a public place like the street but nor is it private like a house because the public are invited in

that places a burden for the security guard to show that the actions were reasonable as applied to a public place rather than what he thinks is necessary as applied to a private place so that means they follow a code laid down by their employer and the government.

Reasonable has a different meaning to what most people think but would grabbing a 16 year old female be reasonable? hmmmm..

However the rights and wromgs of the event dont change the fact that RLP have hothing to do with anything and cant even lawfully process your data if you refuse them the permission to do so

so ignore anything they send.

You may wish to speak to your parents about this though so any letter arriving wont be a shock to them