Football Debt passed to DCA

BossyGibbon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

There are a few other threads on this forum regarding a 6-a-side league called Football Mundial(FM). Some have been charged for leaving the league early, late cancellation of games etc.

(https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/387710-iconcollections-football-league-debt/?tab=comments#comment-4642466)

We had a few cancelled games, which we notified the league of in advance, where we were unable to field a team.

I received an email asking if I was still in the league and 7 mins later received an invoice for leaving the league early plus cancellation charges amounting to >£400.

Our team had not pulled out of the league.

I was out of the country with No access to emails, and was unable to respond for a couple of weeks. I then received an email from Icon DCA requesting payment.

As we never left the league I wrote to FM and said I disputed it and that they cannot send DCA's after customers for false charges. Does this not constitute harrassment?

They said that if we went back to the league, they would drop the charges, however after this treatment that is the last thing I want to do. I told them we would not be returning as a result of the treatment we have received and would not be paying.

They have now come back with some late cancellation charges and have still included the 'Leaving league' charge.

Now, the late cancellation charges are probably legit. We notified them about 12 hours in advance so they had time to notify the opponent.

But after receiving a number of False charges in addition, I do not want to settle part of it and still be chased for the false part. It annoys me that they feel they can issues false charges and pressure people into paying up.

Am I being blind to my own wrong-doing here or am I in the right?

Should I be concerned with this being taken to court?

Should I write to the DCA?

Thanks!

Gibbon

Only communicate with FM, never a DCA.

Not harassment, they can chase for amounts they believe are due under contract.

Why would they email asking if still in league ? Was there an issue before this ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

ignore them

there is absolutely nothing anyone can do .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we would need to see the original contract to be able to advise what charges may be actually due and enforceable. If the contract contains parts that arent enforceable then the whole lot is duff under consumer law UNLESS you want to agree the other bits anyway. If you have dropped out of the league that scenario is unlikely

moved to the gym/club forum

here you will find numerous like football league threads

none went anywhere.

ignore them

there is absolutely nothing anyone can do .

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Bossy and welcome to CAG

You can argue with FM all you like but they are not likely to change their view unless you tell them you want to stay as a team with them.

Do you WANT to stay with them and continue playing in the league - let us know.

If not, then you may be best to simply ignore further demands for now. The chances of them taking any action against you that would affect you are tiny.

😎

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)