Lowell Claimform - 4 merged debts - 3 cat + Cap1 Card

Cait116
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well AFAIK they can't do this, as each account has it's own separate T&C's with different interest rates and penalty clauses etc etc etc.

So they're on to a loser straight away.

have they indicated a reference number at all regarding the new agreement (consolidated figure)?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So they have provided you with a new reference number?

And does the total figure they are demanding reflect the total amount outstanding if you add up all of the accounts together?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hmm, this isn't their own reference number is it?

Can you scan and post up the documents they sent you?

can I just check this is not a letter of claim from Lowell solicitors?

if not ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

received Claim Form, response pack, Admission Form from Northampton for Lowlife re cap 1, shop direct & jd williams today.

Dated 19th nov and have 14 days to reply.  

I guess I complete the acknowledgement of service and the defence and counterclaim form only?

Is that right?

I’m going to check through previous posts and cases to help with filling out the defence part.

Wish me luck 😬 thx for your help xx

please complete this:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx, will do this tomorrow morning when I have access to a pc (find it easier and quicker than my mobile).

Just having a good old read through similar threads atm.

Wow some of this jargon is hard to take in 😳.  

Thank you for your support x

• dx100uk changed the title to Lowell Claimform - 4 merged debts - 3 cat + Cap1 Card

Name of the Claimant  - Lowell Portfolio Ltd

Date of issue –   19th November 2019

Date to submit defence  - 20th December 2019

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – 

Capital One (Europe) plc with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and currant balance of £274

J D Williams & Co Ltd with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £375

Shop Direct Financial Services with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £1129

Shop Direct Financial Services with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £1490

The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the Claimant

And the Claimant claims:

a) The total ot the said sums being £3268

b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue but limited to one year being £256

c) Costs

What is the total value of the claim? £3,268

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) I don't think so, I received lots of threatening letters but not sure  

Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No

Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit card and catalogues

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? Not sure

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...)  yes - 3 defaults on credit file under Lowell's name

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. - assigned to Lowells

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Not sure

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? Not sure

Why did you cease payments? Financial Difficulties

What was the date of your last payment? Around mid 2018

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No

………...

Hi dx, 

I don't think I have a defence! 🙄 

Don't want to end up having to pay a shed load of court costs on top of what i already owe.

What would your advice be? 

please note your corrected defence filing date.

i will guess that certainly the 2 SD agreements in the CCA return dont have any agreement number that matches the ones in their POC?

and poss the JDW one is the same?

those agreements can all be downloaded from the interweb or here even and have your details inserted into them.

and they

in the meantime:

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.
[if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time]
 register as an individual
 note the long gateway number given
 then log in
 select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.
 then using the details required from the claimform
 defend all
 leave jurisdiction unticked
 you DO NOT file a defence at this time
 click thru to the end
 confirm and exit MCOL.
 get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant]

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/
type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything
you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.
you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count]

and they

Hi all, in the CPR template it says

Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 ........................................ each of the documents mentioned in your Particulars of Claim.

It gives a list of docs - the agreement, notice of assignment etc then underneath

*delete if not mentioned in the Particulars of claim

I don't see any of these documents listed on the Particulars of Claim on my claim form but surely I should ask for some of these documents?

Sorry if it's a stupid question, been on here searching the forums for a couple hours the answer but haven't got anywhere (god i know i shouldn't have started this lol)

Capital One (Europe) plc with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and currant balance of £274

J D Williams & Co Ltd with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £375

Shop Direct Financial Services with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £1129

Shop Direct Financial Services with reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £1490

The agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the Claimant

4 agreements referred to above

Agreements were " terminated"  therefore that requires 4 default notices

" subsequently assigned " ....Thats 4  Notices of Assignment.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You must refer to everything as x 4

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi guys

I've had someone with a bit of legal experience look at my paperwork at the weekend. 

They seem to think that lowlife's copies of agreements will hold up in court, mainly because they were online applications? 

Is this right?

Yes thats fine...I have had to unapprove the post as your name is showing in properties of the word doc...

Regards

Andy

ask your learned gentleman these questions.

the SD agreements & T+C's:

No relevant account numbers that correspond to the quoted ones in their POC on the agreements

No indication that these WERE an online sign up, there is no indication of IP address used/website/or any steps of customer verification. 

T&C's are the same.

if one were to look here on CAG or a search engine or in the DCA's own filing cabinet you'll find these exact same docs - pers details can have easily have been inserted using any photo manipulation software.

JDW: 

same as above, but its also interesting to note there is a cut off section, why would a customer bother to sign and return but not cut off the rest and retain?

there are no T&C's ...and the agreement is devoid of all the required prescribed terms

cap1:

same applies no proof of it being done online etc etc

and they