New here - some help appreciated!

jkspepper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I just chanced upon this site very recently and am excited at what I read on these forums.

I was in debt after finishing university but nothing I couldn't handle. I am now 100% debt free but worse off for wear in that I now have a low, low credit score (Equifax: 283).

Nothing that time and a bit of financial sense can't cure.

One of the major headaches during my period of financial difficulty was for a loan of amount £3,000 (over 3 years) for my car. Like I said, I fell on difficult times during the last year of university and thus couldn't keep up with payments in a regular fashion.

I regularly couldn't/ pay for 1, 2 or 3 months at a time but would then pay of the outstanding amount; this cycle continued for just over a year.

But although I was relatively upfront with my financial status, RFS Ltd (the company that I used) still would call me and send me letters, in which they charged me £25 each time!

I eventually settled the whole outstanding amount of ~£1,100.

Now, I have a set of statements and upon reading around this site decided to total up the amount of charges that RFS Ltd charged me.. the total comes up to ~£650.

£650 is over half of my outstanding amount.. no wonder I couldn't keep up with payments!

What I would like to know is how would my claim differ from in this case than for requesting the charges be refunded from a bank?

Does the OFT ruling apply to charges applied from companies such as RFS Ltd and is the procedure and regulations the same?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes you can, you say you have your statement you could send a prelim letter giving 14 days asking for it back and the template has a bit at the bottom about information on your credit file you would like removed as you believe these charges have resulted in this information being on there, be prepaired for a fight as it will take a while but stay on course and you will get there.

Thank you for your reply; now I know that it can be done I will carry on with the claim.

Are there any successful RFS Ltd claimants here?

I also want to clarify; is it still possible to claim when I settled my account in full a year ago (October 2005)?

Is it too late?