Credit Limits International (CLI) & parking fine from Sept 2014 in Italy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there sorry i am not 100% sure i should be asking this here...

over the last 6 weeks i have received 3 letters from Credit Limits International regarding a parking fine from September 2014 in Italy. with legal costs, interest and compensation the fine is now £212.

now these are the first letters i have ever received over this matter and at first i just ignored it but in one of the letters it said they had a European enforcement order,

i spoke to them on the phone and asked them to send me everything they had by email.they sent me the original letters from the Italian police (which i have no knowledge of ever receiving) but no enforcement order.

when i spoke to them i told them i wasn't denying that it was me and would gladly pay the original fine of £98 but because of the timescale and the fact this is the first Ive heard of the fine then i am unhappy about paying everything else.they told me i would have to pay it all. In the email they sent me with the police letters they also said this" Regrettably if payment is not made we will register the existing Italian court judgement in the UK and consider legal enforcement options. " now this tells me that they don't have an enforcement order and that they are just trying to scare me into paying.

i received another email today from them saying they still hadn't heard back and then this" We have explained that this debt relates to an enforceable order and that you must pay the above balance in full in order to prevent prosecution in this country. "so i am unsure what to do next, i just want to know if they can take me to court in this country or could they send bailiffs round to my home ?

also is there a time limit on things like this and as its 5 years old in September  are they pushing because of that ?

thanks any advice would be grateful

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Not sure they can still use a European Enforcement Order,...doubt they have an uncontested judgment anyway

https://www.gov.uk/eu-withdrawal-act-2018-statutory-instruments/the-european-enforcement-order-european-order-for-payment-and-european-small-claims-procedure-amendment-etc-eu-exit-regulations-2018

To have a judgment certified as a European Enforcement Order (EEO), 

Once the European Enforcement Order has been issued by the court, it must be sent to the enforcement authority of the Member State where the debtor lives or where his/her assets are.

As well as the European Enforcement Order, a copy of the original judgment must be sent, and a translation of the European Enforcement Order certificate may be required, depending on what languages are accepted by the enforcement authority in the other Member State. No other formalities are required, and the judgment can be enforced in the other Member State.

Are they really going to all the above trouble to collect £212.00 ?  :rolleyes:

Regards

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

your big mistake was taking to them om the phone

they hoped you'd fall for the lies they will say in person as you didn't record the call.

little tip: on ANY DEBT ...never ever phone a DCA, they are powerless here and anywhere else and are not BAILIFFS but will lie just to get their free money to buy the nights drink out of a mug that thinks any different.

Thread title amended

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ive just read this thread not realizing it was here after i posted a similar thread today.

i am having the same problem with CLI they are chasing me for a parking fine in Italy from 2014 that i knew nothing about, they are threatening  me with a European enforcement order

but when i asked them to email me the order they couldn't as they don't have one.

i actually spoke to them after the 3rd letter they sent and told them i wasn't denying that i was in Italy at the time but was unhappy about the extra cost added to the fine as i didn't know about the fine until their first letter arrived. 

they emailed me again today with a final notice that's when i came onto this site for advice, from now on i wont be acknowledging them

thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Credit Limits International (CLI) & parking fine from Sept 2014 in Italy

I bet CLI didnt say they would register the judgement in the UK etc as they dont actually have the authority to do so.

Look up italian police bogus ticket and you will see that this is very common as they have 360 days to issue the fine so it is in their interest to just make stuff up and try their luck nealry a year later. as yours is from 2014 they wont be pushing for a court to go after you and hence thsi buch of chancers hoping to earn a few quid from your naivety

• Like 1

Because we dont have an Italian Forum for the equivalent ......  

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

This forum is also for Traffic Offences.......UK....as stated we dont have an Italian Version of this section.

If the OP wishes their thread to be placed in Motoring Issues..then they can contact the Site Team...although I doubt they would get any response with regards to the Legal Process of defending a traffic offence.

• 2 weeks later...

i just received this letter from them yesterday, looks like they will keep on trying...

i expect the doorstep collection letter next...

FINAL NOTICE

?

Creditor:

Polizia Municipale Di Sanremo

Details of the offence:

ART.7 C1 E 14 - Parked in fee-parking area without displaying a ticket

Car reference:

WI-AR3748 From "Avis Budget"

CLI reference:

XXXXXX (please quote on all communications and payments)

Infraction Amount

? 98.16 (converted from ?113.87)

Interest:

? 37.86

Statutory Legal Costs

? 53.73

Compensation:

? 24.00

Debt Collection Costs:

? 0.00

VAT on Collection Costs:

? 0.00

Balance due:

? 213.75

?

We regret that you have not yet made further contact with us.

?

We have already informed our client that you have not taken the opportunity of our appointment to resolve this matter amicably and that it is now appropriate to take further action against you.

?

We are aware that you may not be in a position to make full payment at this time and we would welcome your proposals to settle the debt in instalments.

?

If you contact us within 7 days and make repayment proposals, further recovery action against you can be avoided. You just need to tell us:

?

? The monthly payment you are able to pay

? How you will be paying

?

We urge you to make contact today in order to avoid further action being taken against you.

?

Finally, may we remind you of your right to seek free independent legal advice from debt organisations such as the National Debtline, Stepchange, or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

?

We look forward to hearing from you.

oh I bet your scared..not

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 months later...

No ignore

please create your own topic by hitting create in the top red toolbar

and they