MET Parking PCN...PCN never received

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

Received letter yesterday from MET parking .

The letter is for an overdue parking charge with £100 fee,

however i have not received a pcn on my windscreen,

how in the world would i have even known that this contravention happened?  

I've logged into MET's site, and there' various pictures of my vehicle ,

but none of those pictures show the pcn attached to my car,

Where my car is parked is actually where i reside. 

I pay rent to the housing association, who i understand are the people who employ MET parking.

Unfortunately due to the increased development in my area, there are many cars parking in the limited spaces available for the residents who live on my road. 

We are having to sharing with a massive development on the other side of the road.

I do have a residents parking permit which permits me to park on the main road when spaces are available.

To be frank, I just want to get rid of the PCN, I'd like a little help on what to do, where to start, any letters that i can send them?

• No PCN attached to my vehicle.  
  • Overdue notice received after 6 weeks
  • POPLA appeal now not viable
  • Date & time on images taken to dates and time on Mets site time of issue do not correspond

I've attaches images which i hope can help

Help!!

Kind Regards

A very hot dog

that was nice of them..

can you pop all your uploads in to one multipage PDF please 

so we can zoom them.

can you poss fill out the below with the info you know so its in a std format the experts are used to seeing.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there,

Thanks for coming back.  Pdf img attached for review.  Im not sure which one to follow as i didn't receive a PCN on windscreen, these people normally come round on their mopeds.

Hope i have completed the required

•  

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? Not sure, but according to the letter for overdue amount and pictures online 25.03.19

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N (didn't know i had received a pcn)

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,

suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide

has there been a response? N/A

please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDF- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] Nope

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? MET parking

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Car park provided by peabody/London West Silvertown 

have you moved and not updated your v5c in recent times?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100UK,

No all my docs...V5/insurance paperwork is to my current address where i received the over due letter.

I have not moved at all.

Edited by Hotdog77

ok just making sure you didn't receive stuff as you'd moved.

and they

I certainly didn't move

Hello there,

Can you let me know if this is normal to not attach  pcn to my windscreen or not receive ntk etc?

do i just send a letter explaining just that?

Vanishing windscreen pcn is quite a typical sc@m they pull

as no ntk as they dont want to incriminate themselves

no you  dont write.

and they

as said,

a common problem and done because the parking co's dont want to give you the compulsory discount and appeal service.

the operative sticks a ticket on the car, photographs it and then removes it so the first thing you know is the letter through the post but they have evidence it was attached.

Now is there CCTV around the estate operated by the HA?

If so you do a SAR to them and ask for any footage on the relevant date taken that shows your vehicle and anyone approaching it.

If they want to know why ( they may try and claim that the bandit using the disappearing ticket has more rights than you do)

you can explain about the known sc@m and the fact that as they are employing them to be there you are minded to sue the HA for the breach of the GDPR (unlawful access to your keeper details) if they decide to go down that route.

If they have no cameras covering your car then do they have any of the parking bod going about his business and whilst you are at it do they have planning permission for the signage?

So post up what you have received so far and also pictures of the signs there.

Look at your tenancy agreement and see if it says anything about parking, esp allocation of spaces, display of road tax discs  etc  ( yes I know) and let us know about that as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello There,

Unfortunately there isn't any cctv on this little patch .  I've uploaded the signage, hope its sufficient.

Received another letter last week chasing overdue payment.

My tenancy doesn't give me right to park without showing the permit

met parking signage.pdf met 2.pdf

Edited by Hotdog77

post up what your tenancy says rather than telling us what it doesnt say as I would warrant that there is no mention of a third party having rights to determine who can park there.

you also go after the HA with a FOI request for sight of the contract with the parking co ( you wont get this) and also ask about when the decision to give away the land for free was made and whetehr this was agreed by the trustees and Charity Commissioners, council etc. Start costing them money to answer all of your requestsm and they might just tell MET to behave

Met would appear to have no Locus Standi to claim in their own right if they did try court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!