• Tweets

• OK, all done as requested. Defence left blank for now. Just one small question in relation to the CPR31:14.... Please treat this letter as my request made under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure and the production of a verified and legible copy of [each of the following / the] document(s) mentioned in your Particulars of Claim: and it says * delete if not mentioned in the Particulars of claim. I'm not  sure if I ask for everything or nothing as I can't see any of the list mentioned in the POCs
    • Fund management firm Allan Gray also said giving Nationwide's members a vote on the £2.9 billion buyout would have been 'a much better path'.View the full article
    • A Swiss pressure group says some staff at Shein suppliers are still working excessive overtime.View the full article
    • Let me start by saying I feel tremendous regret, shame and remorse. I have some debt and personal life has fallen apart over the last year which has caused me to be careless. Doesn’t make it okay I know. In a positive way, i will never take anything in life for granted ever again. I want to volunteer and go back to being a good person. I need some advice/reassurance on the below so I can move on better from this experience. A few days ago I was caught at sainsburys, I paid for part of the food (about £5) and didn’t pay for the other (about £8-10) at self checkout. when I got to the exit someone in plain clothes asked to see my receipt and bag and that they worked for mitie. I told him the receipt was in the store bin (true) and he said he followed me round and knows I didn’t pay for all of it. he very sternly but calmly said he just needs my name then I can leave with the shopping. I said i am in a bad day and can’t do this and was on the verge of breaking down. So I handed him the shopping and slowly walked out. No name given (I read elsewhere this is good and makes it unlikely to develop) and I have no way knowing if police contacted. I overthink a lot and I wonder if they can track me via debit card or nectar card on the transaction. I also wonder if they saw me do it last month and have been waiting for me. I know someone who works at their head office and terrified somehow it will get back. I’m also terrified of being recognised in the street.    I don’t know what’s going to happen. I see a lot in the news today about shoplifting 
    • Hi, I’ve just spotted an Arrangement to Pay marker (TransUnion) on my Barclays Mortgage account for 1 month in March 2022. I’ve spoken to Barclays Customer Service and Complaints about this and they’ve given me some background but have closed my complaint: Direct Debit for mortgage bounced in February and I didn’t notice this at the time. Realised there were arrears in March and called customer service straight away. Offered to pay half the arrears on the call with the other half of the arrears the following month. I prob suggested or accepted this as had done that many years previously when I was a poor student with no adverse consequences. Paid in accordance with this. Barclays call notes report they informed me credit reference agencies would be notified and I indicated I understood. However, complaints team couldn’t access the call because it was too old. They advised I could request a transcript through GDPR and complain via ombudsman if still unhappy - I’ll process the GDPR request this week. Whilst it may be factual that I entered into some kind of arrangement regarding the arrears, it wasn’t clear to me that they would be treating it and reporting it as a formal payment plan along with the potential consequences of this. At no point did I agree to or request to “reducing my contractual payments” - I paid my contractual amount for March and April with 50% more on top. I guess it’s likely they did say something vague about credit reference agencies and it’s also possible that I may have agreed without fully understanding it would be different to a late payment marker. I’m not 100% sure of the impact of the AP but I believe it did tighten up balance transfer and new card offers (Lloyds group in particular) even though the rest of my report is spotless and I have many years managing multiple high balance cards. Although it may have been less comfortable, I also believe I had the means to pay the balance in full if I’d realised the impact at the time. Finally, it feels like Ive been penalised for speaking to customer services directly rather than just upping my payments to cover the arrears. Historically, I was under the impression that Barclays mortgages weren’t even reporting arrears of less than 2-3 months as late payments - although this may have changed since the last time I was in arrears. I’ve had a browse through threads about AP markers and it seems like removal is unlikely if it’s deemed factual but it may be worthwhile escalating to FOS or ICO? Will update with transcript details once I’ve raised and received a response to my request. I suppose the upside of this is that I’ll be even more cautious about negative markers in the future. Thanks, J
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bullied and harassed by DWP decision maker

ugo2slo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to to first start by saying all my previous dealings with DWP and been very satisfactory. This is the first time ok am looking at making a complaint against them so I want to be sure I have cause to.

Will be brief and say when I missed a esa assessment I called DWP to say I was in hospital when I was released I would send in my hospital admittance and discharge letters the following Friday as it was a Mon. I was given 14 days to do but I did it on the Fri. By 2pm the same day I got a call from DWP  at 9am that I missed so text came saying I would be called at 12. I got the call and the lady said why she was calling to ask why To ask why they had not received them. Told her only sent it that day it will take a few days to get There and a few more days to be processed but she said no way it should get there by Mon. If it did not then she would cancel my esa. This had me in a panic so I said I could go into the jobcenter and ask them to upload the evidence so she would have it difinitely on Mon. She spoke to me in a very harsh aggressive tone saying if I sent it why would i want to go upload at jobcenter.? I must be telling fibs she said!! So Mon at 10am I had better answer the phone. I told her Mon, Weds and Fri I have dialysis so could she call at 2pm. She said not 10am MAKE SURE U ANSWER!!

Mon 10am she called and the nurse answered saying I could not come to phone could she call in 2 hrs. She said no 10 Min he better answer!!! It rang I cud not answer, so it rang constantly for a hour. I called DWP at 2pm and asked that she call me I did not know here name. She called at 4pm and shouted asking why I did not answer in 10mins or after that? If I avoid her calls she will stop my claim. She said she waiting till weds and if letter not there she close my claim. Weds 8am I miss her call so she call at 10am and I answer saying I can't talk I'm in dialysis will call her when I'm done. She said no I will talk now and tell her why I missed assessment she don't care where  I am I better tell her and stop wasting her time. Why u whispering she say speak up dont taking her for a fool. I cud not  believe it so I pulled out the tubes and went out to he room leaving trials of blood from The fistula. Only the nurse got me off the phone and back in.

Thurs she called 4 times and I answered when I saw it at 12 and she shouted why don't i answer when u know that her. I said it show private I was asleep from very low bp and aneimia. She said letter not there UI had better go jobcenter and upload it. Ok said  had to walk it would take about 6mins can she call in 20min she said no 10!! I walked about 200m then was out of breath and had to sit as I felt faint then she called. I was struggling to breath but she said stop talking like that put the person in jobcenter on phone. I said I had. To rest there still bout 300m to go. She said walk now I'm staying on the phone so I walked. After 2min she shouted stop wasting my time you said 6 mins it's been 15 stop lying to me. I put my carer on to tell her we almost there I can not walk fast better she calls in 5 Min she said no!! If I'm not there in 2mins it mean I'm lying I'm not even where I said I was she staying on phone. Got to JC after 5 Min and handed phone to reception man who confirmed it was the JC but the person who uploads was at lunch till 2pm and handed me the phone. She said she is staying on the phone until person returned. By now I was bleeding from The fistula in neck and told her I had to go out the JC to bathroom to stop it so I gave letters and phone to my carer. 10 mins I return and he told me she calling in 30min. The. Letters were uploaded but she didn't call. Next day 2pm she called saying  did not send her the correct letters yet They showed I went hospital on 11 Feb and was discharged on 12. I said Madame what else did she want. She shouted don't insult me by saying Madame. I said it not a insult it's respectful. She said call me by my name which ok did not know until she said it. She said I'm to go hospital and get aletter saying I was thete. I'm said ok did not have. £25 to pay. I then said why are you bullying , threatening and harrassing me. From day 1 she has done so and twice she had put my life in danger making me rush up and down. She said I was telling fibs and should stop. If she don't have the letter the next day she closing my claim. That was last Thurs so I assume it's closed.

I'm asking if I can make a complaint to DWP because if she has closed my claim when I sent in all the evidence backed up with letter from doctor, I will not be able to get to dialysis 3 times a week and would have to wait 3-4werks for MR. I'm sure hey can listen to the recording to hear The truth.

Based on your post, I can see why you want to complain.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-work-pensions/about/complaints-procedure

You can also contact Citizens Advice as they tend to have very good levels of contact with DWP, so might be able to go straight to a DWP complaints handler.  

When you complain, it always helps to write the complaint as bullet point time ordered list of issues you faced and not large paragraphs. If you have any documents in support, include these as well. 

You should also request mandatory reconsideration of the Decision Makers decision, which will go more into the medical/health issues you face.  You might want to seek help from organisations that help with failed ESA work capability assessments. There are many such organisations, but one that is associated with your particular health condition may be a good option in the first instance.  Your Doctors should also be consulted, as they may be able to provide more information.   Ask ESA for a copy of the Work Capability Assessment report.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have just received my p45 in mail that esa has been stopped from 12/2/19. The last time I spoke to the lady who said I insulted her by calling Her Madamw she said she received my medical evidence uploaded by jobcenter but she wanted me to go to the hospital and get a copy with the days date and send it to her. Notice of cancellation is dated 2 April 2019 so she did not even wait to receive it. All she did was threaten to close it and harassed me almost daily calling up to 6 times from 9 am demanding to know why I did not answer as if I knew the private calls were from her. I am going to call DWP to make my complaint and ask for a MR. I really hope they will listen to the recording as they may think I'm complaining just to get it back on.

I have a recording of one of our conversations but it only has my side not hers. I don't know if it is legal but it clearly shows that I asked her if she could call me when I could leave the house I was staying at because there is alot of arguing and shouting from the owner of the house and his friends who were all drunk and  violent. You can hear how stressed I was  even begging her to call later. Everytime I tried to ask her a question she would say shes not interested.  She dismissed the letter I had sent DWP saying that I had very low BP and often felt faint as irrelevant. If uploading he recording here is allowed I would do it so maybe some one neutral can tell me if I was rude in anyway even though only I can be heard.

Thank you