Reclaim Excessive Mortgage Arrears Fees - Amber Homeloans scottish SPC Claim issued - help*** Success***

DOC8207
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very good DOC ...well worded and concise ...are you  required to attach exhibits for the cases you refer to ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Not at this stage.

They have simply requested I write to the defendent and the court to clarify the two points raised prior to a Case Management Review which is an informal process prior to any formal court hearing. 

Just a message of support really, well done and I am watching closely as I am also at this stage now with my mortgage company having refused their offer because they wanted a NDA clause to prevent any further claims.

This could open up many more cases south of the border if successful.

• Like 1

I couldn't find any, there are some threads on here that seem to end before actual court so its hard to say.

Like you I have played the runaround and be nice game but it has got me no further really apart from them giving me a carrot in offering part payment but then a stick in demanding I signing an NDA which would prevent further claims.

My opinion is that some companies are reading our stuff and now becoming concerned that just one success will open up another bank charges refund type problem for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Amber Homeloans have offered to settle as follows:

'Whilst it remains AHL's position that it would successfully defend your claim, in order to bring this matter to a close and avoid both parties incurring any further unnecessary costs, AHL is willing to take a commercial view on this matter. As such, AHL will pay you £2,000 in full and final settlement of this claim within 28 days. If this offer is acceptable, we will provide you with a draft order.'

The court have already dismissed the claim for compound interest so my claim currently stands at £2030, plus 8% statutory interest (approx. £1330)

My immediate thought is to go back to them and advise I will accept full and final settlement of the claim if they make payment of £2750, otherwise I would proceed with the Case Management Review this week.

Thoughts?

Section 69 interest is at the discretion of the court after judgment...which isn't always given or even reduced from 8% to a little as 2/3%...I think I would be accepting the offer.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I responded and advised I would settle for £2750 and they immediately replied to confirm they are willing to settle at that amount. A cheque will be with me within 28 days. 

A satisfactory result!

Thanks for all the help on this thread, I wouldn't have known where to start if it hadn't been for this forum. 

Well Done and a great result...thread title updated to reflect the outcome.

Please consider a donation so we can continue to help others in the same predicament.

Regards

Andy

• AndyOrch changed the title to Reclaim Excessive Mortgage Arrears Fees - Amber Homeloans scottish SPCClaim issued - help*** Success***

nice win

shows has 'simple' the SPC system is in Scotland.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Reclaim Excessive Mortgage Arrears Fees - Amber Homeloans scottish SPC Claim issued - help*** Success***