Robway and Tomlin order in 2012 rearing its head

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agreed to a Tomlin order back in 2012 with an agreed payment of £50 per month.

My solicitor recommended we agree, having nuked a couple of other credit card debts for me.

One of the terms was a voluntary charging order which never happened, I sold the house in 2015, never even considering the Tomlin Order.

I have been paying the £50 pm since inception(2012) and not heard a peep from anyone until this week when RobWay, the DCA have been texting me to call them.

Is there anything they can do, given I am in rented housing, to vary the Tomlin order?

It does say subject to 6 monthly reviews which have never happened.

I haven't replied to them and clearly writing to me at my old address won't get a response.

I'm living a hassle free life now, rebuilt my credit rating etc but don't want to get a CCJ as I would lose my job!

You must never move without updating your creditors

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmm, I just don't want to enter into a world of pain by contacting them though unless its absolutely necessary.

I can be found if they wan't, I'm not hiding from anyone.

My wife has had a small legacy and for the first time in years she has a small buffer in her bank.

They will ask to see statements etc. no doubt, but she really doesn't wan't to give that rainy day security away when we have been just about ok paying the £50 per month and by contacting them,

the first thing they will be wanting to try and do is up the payments which we can't really afford, especially coming up for retirement in a couple of years....

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

your wives income/saving are NOTHING to do with YOUR DEBTS.

you MUST inform all your debt owners that you have moved esp the tomlin one, as it could go back to court and you'd get that CCJ you don't want.

or one for a statute barred debt and you'd know nowt about it at they quite legally file to your old address and then you'd not be able to defend its SB'd

and no - I can be found if they want, - they are not legally obliged to do so.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Robway and Tomlin order in 2012 rearing its head