• Tweets

• I would only rely on your solicitor in this regard. The other two should not have a view.   And, you are responsible for how the court perceive you. They only have your words and deeds to go on. Expecting them to magically see things your way is not a great tactic.
    • Yes, I don't think there is any downside to doing this. If they decline then you can say that in your witness statement
    • Ok! Do you still want me to work on that letter you discussed above in post #26?
    • Thank you for posting up the required details and well done for apparently not revealing the identity of the driver. I am assuming you are the keeper? The depth of ignorance of the parking companies is absolutely amazing. The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 is the law relating to private parking and allows those rogues to be able to transfer the charge from the driver [whose name they do not know] to the keeper after 28 days . This is dependent on them complying with the Act. So many of the don't and Alliance is no different. It would help if we could see what you appeal was and to post the back of the PCN as it is lacking so much of the wording necessary to make it compliant so that in your case only the driver is liable to pay the charge. And of course just entering the ANPR arrival times means that they have failed to specify the parking time which is a requirement..  Because the car park was so busy you had to drive around for quite a while before finally finding a place to park which is when the parking period may  actually begin. The poor dears at Alliance have not grasped that particular part of the legislation as yet. To be fair the Act has only been in place for 12 years so one must make allowances for their stupidity . We shouldn't really mock them- but it is fun. You weren't to know but the chances of winning an appeal against Alliance and the IPC is around 5%-and that is high for them. If they allow you to cancel they lose the chance of making money and they would have had a field day when you were there with so many people being caught overstaying because of the chaos in trying to find a parking space then trying to pay.  Your snotty letter could go something like this- Dear Cretins, Yes I mean you Alliance. After 12 years one would have thought that even you could produce a compliant PCN. Did you really think I would pay you a penny extra considering the time I wasted trying  to pay with  long queues at the parking machine, then trying to get a signal to call Just Park. On top of that you then had the cheek to ask for an additional £70 for what dubious unspecified pleasure? You must have made a killing that day charging all those motorists for overstaying because the queues to pay were do long and even walking to pay from the over flow parking fields takes time. And yes I did take photos of the non existent signs in the fields so please don't give me the usual rubbish about your signs being clearly visible. Oh yes that £70. Please tell me and the Court whether that charge included VAT and if it did, why am I being charged to pay your vat? I am sure the Judge would look carefully at that as well as the Inland Revenue. The truth is you had no reasonable cause to ask the DVLA for my data given the chaos at your car park and I believe that you therefore breached my GDPR...................... I expect others will give their views as well.          
    • opps this is going to get messy then if they don't refund. you should never keep util accounts in credit.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Citicard/Opus PPI Headache

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can you help me with a ppi claim I have tried to claim.

I had a credit card with citibank that was taken out back in around 2000.

I had ppi on there which was costing me around £30-£40 per month.

I had a CMC who said they could put a claim in for me, this was over 2 yrs ago.

After all this time and numerous calls they have now closed the case for the following reasons.

Citibank transferred my account to a bank called Opus.

This was done without me knowing until I had a statement off them

where I called them and found out that my account had been transferred to them for reasons I still don't know.

I owed nothing on the card and Opus refused to send me a card as they were not issuing anymore.

I can only see my account being transferred because I did't use the card for about 9 months

as didn't want to and like I said I owed nothing on it.

When the claim was put in and after many months,

citi said the account was now with opus and had nothing to with them now,

Opus said the account was with citi so the claim is against them.

This went backhand forth and nobody would take responsibility over who the claim was against,

even though I paid all ppi to citi.

CMC sent the claim to the ombudsman and after about another year they replied

saying there is nothing they can do and the case is closed with them.

Is there anything I can do as I paid all this ppi and cannot get anywhere with it at all.

In all the time I had the card I was self employed to

and found out lately that even though I was paying ppi

I was not covered as I wasn't employed

The ombudsman was told this also.

Can I get anywhere with this now or is it done and dusted.

Please help.

Many thanks

what citi address did you use Canadian square/house address?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have recently been successful with a Citi claim and my card is younger than yours If the CMC have sent your claim to Opus they have sent it to the incorrect address. The correct address is

Citi cards

PO Box 4904

Worthing

Unfortunately everything has to be done in writing as there is no telephone number and you get no response from th email address, however they are very helpful and quite quick to resolve your claim.

Hope this helps

Edited by Queens_king
spelling
  • Haha 1

you need to do it properly

not just by sending a speculative letter

which will get a speculative response

have you all the statements??

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did have but not now :-/

I was thinking of sending a sar for all copies of them.

Thats why I was seeing if there was a template letter as I don't want to do it wrong.

After al the CMC messed it up for me and i'm not really wanting to follow the same route.

sar

and they

spreadsheet

and fos customer questionnaire

and they

Hi

My card was opened in 2005, all I sent was the FOS CQ as they messed me around for a SAR (probably as I am not resident in the UK now) but they dis ask for proof of change of address. I was advised that I was owed £5,100 and received the cheque 21 days later

Just had a letter off Canada Square, Operations

asking for name, addresses, dob and utility bill.

They are saying they cannot verify customer verification process.

I can do all this but have been asked to send all correspondence to Canada Square Operations.

I have sent the fos and the sar,

shall send this in a brief letter with their reference or is there another way of doing it.

Just feel as if i'm going to be messed around by them

Did the same with my complaint but I never used a DSAR request as they played around and after ten weeks (note my location, hence the delays) of back and forth gave up the DSAR and sent only the CQC from the FOS web site to the Worthing address.

Had to prove where I was living when I took the card out and where I was living when I made the complaint.

Canada Square is the DSAR address so they will require verification that it is you they will be sending the DSAR to. If you have moved since you opened the account it may be wise to advise them of the address where you were living when you opened it, it could save you a lot of time if found in your favour.

Dear sir or madam

I opened the account on xx-xxx-xxxx date and was living at xxx xxxxxx street, somewhere

My current address is as per the letter xxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wherever.

I enclose the following docs as proof of Identity

.....two or three documents with current address

Hope this helps

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a letter back off Canada Square Operations.

They are saying they are no longer the owner of the account and send all correspondence to Opus who now have the account. They have given me their address and customer services number. They have also said they have forwarded my complaint to them where they will investigate accordingly.

I've been down this street before where Opus say it is nothing to do with them and to contact Citi. Its all back and forth and neither of them helping at all.

I'm probably totally wrong but I paid all the ppi to citi and opus only took on the account once I stopped using it as citi said it came dormant, so surely citi are the people I talk to.

I haven't heard back off them about the SAR I sent in, so I assume that is still being looked at.

Please help as I haven't a clue where to go with this now.

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like the same situation I had with an old Egg card. Barclays bought my account from Egg. A few months ago I reclaimed the PPI through Barclays, they didn't argue, I got £184 back.

I've just done Citi too. Got £1700 back from around 15 years ago. It should have been around £3900 but the ex wife got in first and they mistakenly refunded one of the accounts in full to her. Trying to pursue that one now but there are no examples around to base an argument on.

• 1 year later...

I had a citibank credit card that was transferred to Opus back around 2010

I have tried for years to claim back the PPI I had been paying on the card for around 12 years.

This amounted to around £5000 plus interest.

Citibank totally refused to look at it as they passed the account to Opus as we didnt use the card for about the last 10 months before they transferred it.

When they transferred the card there was an outstanding amount of around £150 which was cleared over a few months.

Opus have declined any claim on the PPI as they have said the account was closed when they took it over from Citibank.

I am now in a position where neither of them will look at it at all and the ombudsman has said they can do nothing about it.

This was a response from over 12 months ago.

What can I do to claim back the PPI as I can't seem to get anywhere with it?

I took the card out back in 1998 and from 2000 I was self employed from then until now and learned that PPI does not cover self employed people.

Please can you advise if there is anything I can do or is this a lost cause

Look forward to hearing from you and appreciate you looking at a this me

sar

and they

Sorry for the delay

I sent a SAR a few years ago and received all the statements for time I had the card with Citicards.

The problem I'm up against is both of them keep saying its the others responsibility and neither of them will budge on it.

It did go to the ombudsman who's response was until one of them takes responsibility there is nothing they can do. I was like like, really???

I can send a SAR again to citicard and get the info sent out again but really haven't a clue what else I can do as I get the door shut by both companies

Also I learned lately that Opus took on the account when it was closed and say as it was closed when they took it over all responsibility goes back to Citicard.

Citicard just keep saying the account is now with Opus and i keep going round in circles.