Halifax/Ascent - home repossession***Suspended* **

morgan8080
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know everyone tells you not to speak to them on the phone, but we have to be realistic at this late stage of the process - if they call you today it may be that they have decided not to go to court and will cancel the eviction. My advice to you is to answer the phone to them if they call today - but if they haven't changed their mind, just say "I'm happy to let the judge decide at my hearing on Monday - goodbye "

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise the OP to telephone the court today (if they are still open) to check it's been cancelled, if they can't get hold of the court, then they should definitely go to the court as planned.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ring the court

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would do as advised ell-enn asked above

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they had contacted me I would call but there’s no point as Halifax wouldn’t just cancel and not tell me with no arrangement in place

That's correct - I only said call the court if they contact you and say they are withdrawing

It'll be fine - they might not even know you've got a hearing yet and so they won't turn up (fingers crossed). Even if they do turn up - once the judge reads your statement there's no way he will allow eviction.

Did you find out from the court if there are any duty advisers on Monday morning ?

Yes, get to the court early - aim for 9.30 and if there are any duty advisers ask them to accompany you into the hearing and support your case. If the legal rep for Halifax approaches you just say unless they are willing to agree the payment offered and cancel the eviction you will let the judge decide. If they won't agree - walk away, don't listen to any rubbish they tell you - ultimately it's the judge's decision, they have nothing to do with that.

he cant who told you that?

and they

We have asked the judge in your statement not to add legal fees for the hearing as their action was unnecessary - hopefuly that will work.

As confident as we can be :)