• Tweets

• Yes Jase a default can be registered for current accounts that attract an overdraft...although the default would have placed by HSBC not Intrum Finance.There name would have been added when HSBC assigned the debt to them.   Andy
    • Hi,   Not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this but I have a default on my credit report for an old HSBC current account dating back to 2015.  The default has been placed by Intrum Finance.   My question is that I thought a default is usually for something where a credit agreement existed?  Can they list a default for a current account where there was no agreement in place?   Thanks in advance,
    • and don't waste money on recorded delivery!! 2nd class stamp is good enough.   if you wish to do a budget sheet that's upto you but never fill out theirs.   and again if you want to send creditors that, its upto you but you do not have to give them any of your pers financial info NONE of their business esp a DCA!! only a judge can demand that info.    
    • But the 14 day cooling off period does not apply to you because your a LTD Company.....even though the charge is unfair there is no way around it B2B
    • Do not engage under any circumstances on the phone, they are trained to trick you into agreeing to things.   If everything is done in writing by post,    A. You are in control B. There is a paper trail, postal receipts etc for you to defend yourself if they ever do go to court.   Rent, Council Tax etc should be the only thing you care about and the rest of your priority debts. Nothing will happen if you stop paying the one's that are with DCA's aside from a lot of idle threats coming through your letterbox   As above with the CCA's for the one's already sold off, highly likely they won't come up with the goods. One pound a month token payment, jobs 'a good 'un with the Original Creditors.   Everything else in your budget goes to food and emergencies, not the above bunch of vultures.      
  • Our picks

• Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
morgan8080

Halifax/Ascent - home repossession***Suspended* **

Would you send to both Halifax addresses?

One is Leeds the other is Chester ( evictions)

No harm in sending two lots

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I would say it's pretty likely although there's no guarantees. However, if they do not withdraw then you have some amunition to go to court with i.e. you tried to come to an arrangement but they didn't agree - that won't go down well with a judge.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I would say it's pretty likely although there's no guarantees. However, if they do not withdraw then you have some amunition to go to court with i.e. you tried to come to an arrangement but they didn't agree - that won't go down well with a judge.

Even though u have had several evictions cancelled by Halifax over the last 6 years ??

the more times they try and fail

the less likely the nextime they will be believed

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

They say this is at detrement to me as they have allowed me to make arrangements over the years and I haven’t abided to them. Only ever hadn’t one court day as I put in an n244 in 2011 .

well unless they stated that in a letter its all mind games to make you give in.

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

It is isn’t it! They have made me so ill again. They were very very judgemental and saying my husband needed to step up to the plate and I obviasly shouldn’t have a mortgage and that’s what they were trying to was be responsible and not let me have house anymore if I couldn’t afford it!!!

It is isn’t it! They have made me so ill again. They were very very judgemental and saying my husband needed to step up to the plate and I obviasly shouldn’t have a mortgage and that’s what they were trying to was be responsible and not let me have house anymore if I couldn’t afford it!!!

I am so anxious

It's understandable that you are anxious about this, but you have something to focus on by getting the letter of to them asap. There is nothing more you can do until you get a response. If they ring you again tell them they are making you ill and you will be recording the call due to the unacceptable calls you have had with them recently.

I just want to pay my monthly instalment and forget all about it but I can’t . Doing letter now.

Feel upset as I don’t think I’ll win this one

It's natural to feel the way you do, everyone who is in the same position will have felt anxious and upset. Have a look through all the other repossession threads and you will see how many people have kept their homes - I have been involved in many, many similar repossession cases and I know judges won't take people's homes away if they are able to pay. Please get the letters off asap and try to relax over the weekend.

If you need to post how you are feeling then we will always be here to listen, but do try to stay positive - you have us all behind you in this :)

Should I make this months payment

Yes, absolutely, you must make the payment - this will all help your case if you have to go to court - it would show the judge you are committed to maintaining the proposal you have made.

If you can afford it then make it today - will you be paying extra on top of the normal payment like you proposed ?

I paid an extra £50 at beginning of month and will pay the normal monthly payment today

OK, but make sure you keep a check on your payments going forward so you can prove you are paying the extra on top of the normal payment each month.

I called up and they wouldn’t take payment!!!!

They said it needed to be done by my case manager and they weren’t in now till Monday !!!!

I said why can’t u take a debit card payment that’s all I need to do.

She said no.

So I’ve made it online as I had their bank details saved

Letter send special delivery £6 pound for each letter

and that's the way you pay from now on no more ringing up to pay them and get abused....

oh and go read this thread

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?400510-Kensington-SPO-**stayed**-now-trying-again-**WON**-(Payment-late-now-worried)&p=5064066#post5064066

another stress head like you and a good outcome

Ha ha another stress head!! Yes !

Am pleased they won let’s hope I have some luck too. The matter will be there tomorrow , the eviction dept and my case manager is in Monday so let’s see!!

That post you tagged is great but they hadn’t actually been issued with eviction and given a date like me I feel I am too far gone. But.. we shall see

Your situation is not too far gone at all, if they don't accept your proposal then we will fight them in court - and win ! You have told them in your letter you will defend in court and they won't want that.

When you paid on line did you put your mortgage account number as the payment reference ?