style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys,

So this morning I had a letter through the post stating the following:

PARKING CHARGE - NOTICE TO KEEPER

Vehicle Registration: redacted

Vehicle Make / Model: redacted

Site Name: Ferry Meadows

Period of Parking: Sunday 11 Jun 2017 18:06:52 to Sunday 11 Jun 2017 19:16:24

Reason for Issue: None Payment of Parking

Amount of Charge: £50.00 reduced to £25.00 if paid within 14 days

Driver Liability

The driver of the above vehicle is liable for a Parking Charge in the above amount which, at the date of this notice, remains unpaid in full.

The charge having been incurred for the reason as stated above and liability for the same having been brought to the attention of the driver by clear signage in and around the site at the time of parking.

Register Keeper

At the time of this notice the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and as the registered keeper of the vehicle

YOU ARE NOW INVITED TO

(i) Pay the unpaid Parking Charge;

or

(ii) If you were not the driver of the vehicle, to notify us of the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver AND pass this Notice on to the driver

Appeal

In the event that you wish to dispute liability for this Parking Charge, within 21 days, (beginning with the day after that on which this notice is given, please provide your full name and address, vehicle registration number and the Parking Reference at the top of this Notice providing your full reasons.

Appeals should be sent to (insert email) or by post to Appeals Dept, Unit F the Court, Kestrel Road, Manchester, M17 1SF

Appeal decisions should be provided within 28 days. In the event that your appeal is unsuccessful then we will provide you with appropriate details enabling you to lodge an appeal to an Independent Appeals Service. Details of the appeal procedure can be found at www the IPC info

Payment

Payment should be made at parkwithease co uk, or by sending a cheque to the address above quoting your reference Cheques SHOULD BE MADE PAYABLE TO PARK WITH EASE

Today after receiving the notice, I returned to look for the signs, on leaving there is 3, however very small. and often just a P with a £ under it.

There is also no signs showing that its CCTV monitored.

The time I was there is also incorrect, at the time it states is actually when my car was parked on my drive. - After checking I don't know if this is true. I thought this was issued in July. Looks like I am going to get 2 tickets coming!

I would appreciate if someone will let me know what my rights are and if I should appeal.

On a side note, if I do decide to pay, there website is not HTTPS protected and who does cheques anymore, so will probably have to call them anyway.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by TKSR

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did they slap a ticket on the car because this NTK is issued on the basis that a notice to driver was issued.

However,

as they have used ANPR to capture the vehicle passing the cameras on entry and exit

they clearly didnt slap a ticket on the car at the time

they are obliged to send this notice to keeper out within 12 days after the date of the event and allowing 2 days for service

that makes it they should have had this on your doormat by the 26th June at the latest.

This means they have failed to create a keeper liability and can only claim anything from the driver.

You are not obliged to help them in any way ascertaining who this mystery person is

so DO NOT enter into any correspondence with them.

Also, the wording of the notice does not satisfy the conditions of the POFA to create a keeper liability

so another reason they cant legally go after you

It is clear they have screwed up

let them pay money to dig an ever deeper hole for themselves.

If the car park is close to where you are

then provide us with some pictures of the signage and the machines and we will pick holes in them as well.

These parking companies are stupid and greedy so they will be writing again.

When they do let us know what they say but for now you do and say nothing to them

• Confused 1