Akinika chasing me up for Paypal negative fraud balance

fallyferres
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hie All

Last month I sold a Galaxy S7 Edge for £500 on ebay.

I insisted on collect in person but foolishly agreed to be paid cash upon collection.

I met the buyer in the high street I was given the money and I gave them the phone.

I immediately withdrew the money from my paypal to my bank account.

2 days later I received an email from paypal that the buyer is disputing the transaction on the grounds of fraudulent log in of their paypal account.

Needless to say paypal took the side of the buyer and refunded the buyer the money whilst debiting my paypal account leaving it in negative to the tune of £490.

Paypal has now passed on the debt to Akinika who sent me a text message yesterday asking me to make contact regarding the matter.

The question is how do I proceed from here?.

Do I contact the financial ombudsman?.

Do I even make contact with Akinika?

Later on today I will reporting the matter to Action Fraud.

Could someone kindly point me out to some template letters I can use to contact paypal escalations about the matter because I feel hard done by as I have lost both the phone and now paypal wants me to fork out £490 which I simply don't have.

Ok, I made a mistake accepting paypal payment for collect in person transaction but paypal should simply ban this type of payment for collect in person transactions as they give fraudsters an opportunity to [problem].

The thing I simply don't even have £490 to restore the paypal balance and I am prepared to go to court to explain to a judge the circumstances of the debt.

I would appreciate help of what steps I can take to hopefully get paypal to write off the amount as a gesture of goodwill.

you can ignore Akinika

they are a totally powerless DCA

and ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

sadly what usually happens in these cases is you simply open a new paypal account

and leave the old one to die

PP don't do court

and esp as its fraud

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you said cash on collection so did you take cash?

no, you accepted a vague paypal promise.

Sorry but you are stupid to do such a thing.

Reading anything on ebay's own forums on these forums and the internet generally would have made this clear,

their terms of use are clear and even common sense dictates that collection in person means that they pay cash.

Yes, report the matter to actionfraud and use their reference number to inform Paypal of the fraudulent transaction.

As they wont be handing out the persons address to you so you can sue them for the money the least they can do is put the collection activity on hold

also, why has it taken you this long to even think about reporting it

I admit i made a mistake accepting paypal.

I was after a quick sale and it unfortunately went sour.

What i wont accept is paying back £490 for a phone that i no longer even have for a clearly fraudulent transaction.

By taking the side of a buyer claiming that their account was fraudulently logged in they are in essence saying i was involved in that fraudulent log in.

Besides writing to paypal escalations and reporting to Action Fraud, what else can i do. I am happy to defend myself in court

you said cash on collection so did you take cash?

no, you accepted a vague paypal promise.

Sorry but you are stupid to do such a thing.

Reading anything on ebay's own forums on these forums and the internet generally would have made this clear,

their terms of use are clear and even common sense dictates that collection in person means that they pay cash.

Yes, report the matter to actionfraud and use their reference number to inform Paypal of the fraudulent transaction.

As they wont be handing out the persons address to you so you can sue them for the money the least they can do is put the collection activity on hold

also, why has it taken you this long to even think about reporting it

let it die PP don't do court

and a powerless DCa don't own the debt so cant do court.

its a very well known fraud.

just let it die and open a new munged PP account.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Forget and move on.

If Paypal takes you to court (they won't) you would be the first.

Should you need a new Paypal account you will need to use a different email address and bank account to the ones used on the original account and change your name details slightly. For example if you called yourself John Smith on the original account call yourself J. Smith on the new account. No human checks these details - its all done by computer which is why it is so easy to forget the old account and open a new one.