• Tweets

• upload sites dont retain copies and so what if they do... what do you think they are going to do, kidnap your grannies budgie or something..how the hell would any of the info required by us be of any use to them..... stop being paranoid and put them all in one mass multipage pdf.  
    • https://audicam.audi.co.uk/customer/6660055/00cc584e9769699ddba3807a2995032f/59022-13062024 Please let me know if you can access footage 
    • If it is only the registration plate – then there is no problem. In fact it's better because if big motoring world realise that you are getting advice and that you are coming for them, it will make them more likely to pay attention. There is no point in secrecy in these kinds of things. Let's see the video so we can understand what's happening
    • Hi i have the video footage now downloaded on my computer. However, the video has some personal information such as the reg. I have tried editing out the plate but struggling.
    • Well I certainly wouldn't worry about the registration number. It will actually be a good idea to have it on display for people who end up being offered it in the future once you have managed to return it. What other personal details are there? And anyway, you should have a copy for yourself anyway. You should be doing this kind of thing. You should be recording all telephone calls and confirming telephone calls in writing. You should record all conversations that you have with them in person. You should have a call recorder on your telephone and should keep that in your pocket. This is not the time to start getting slack and casual. I think you've already paid the price for this. You must now start getting your act together, getting evidence. Making sure that you have copies. Stop relying on other people to either tell you the truth – or to hold copies of things for you which might then be difficult to get from them if they feel that they are being compromised. Why can't you even access the video and record it onto your own computer?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LIDL Athena civil parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have got home today to a civil parking charge notice from athena ANPR as I overstayed at a LIDL car park.

The car park was free for 90 minutes. I stayed 100 minutes and 8 seconds.

I have now been charged £90 and told that I will only pay £45 I'd I pay within the next 14 days. I have been sent photos of my vehicle to prove, along with threats of debt collection or further legal proceedings if i don't pay.

I did not shop at LIDL on the day, was being 'cheeky' I guess and just using their park for free. :!: LIDL was only open for the first 10 minutes of my stay, after that the shop closed and, up on returning to my car, the car park was empty.

I am not used to these kind of situations and have never been in trouble before. I am so tempted to pay just to satisfy my mind and family, who say it would be stupid to ignore it. I have good credit rating and would rather just pay this fine than ruin that.

Does anybody have any advice as to what I can do?

Thank you,

Kelly

Have a read of the forums. Lots of good advice in various threads which are identical to yours.

Also, can youg ive dates? When did the alleged contravention occur? When did you get the NTK (letter through the post)

Dont pay it because it is NOT a legal charge and is nothing more than a speculative invoice.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Ah yes, I have seen other threads, just wanted personal advice!

Entered park: 7/4/17 at 21.50

Exited park: 7/4/17 at 23.31

I received the NTK today (13/4/17)

If I don't pay could they take me to court or pursue further? What will happen I find choose to ignore it?

Thank you for your reply

PPC's won't affect your credit rating.

Ignoring it WILL, simply because parking lie will obtain a judgement by default and you'll have a CCJ.

IMO, you've admitted being cheeky, and got caught, HOWEVER, is the signage correct, do they have planning permission for said signage, yadda yadda yadda, but you took the risk, got caught, just going to have to bite the bullet and pay them their profit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

PPC's won't affect your credit rating.

Ignoring it WILL, simply because parking lie will obtain a judgement by default and you'll have a CCJ.

IMO, you've admitted being cheeky, and got caught, HOWEVER, is the signage correct, do they have planning permission for said signage, yadda yadda yadda, but you took the risk, got caught, just going to have to bite the bullet and pay them their profit.

What the hell sort of advice is that???? Seriously? :???:

:jaw:

Haha that's my opinion too tbh. Just wondered if I could chance it :roll:

Best pay up!

Thank you

DO NOT JUST PAY UP! Wait until you've had some proper advice from the folks here, please ignore Bazooka Boo, they must be having a really bad day! :shock:

Firstly, let's see the NTK, please redact any personal information, bar codes, QR codes, vehicle registration etc, and then follow the upload guide to upload it to a post in this thread. Then we can really start to tear them apart. They might even owe you money :wink:

There are certain things that they have to do before they can legitimately claim anything from you, and if they haven't done those things, you won't owe them a single penny.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Haha I'm just the person who would normally pay, I don't want to get in any trouble!

I absolutely 100% guarantee that you won't get in to any trouble. This is a civil matter (not criminal) and the absolute worst that could happen is that you end up paying them. In the mean time, you've got nothing to lose in fighting it.

I'll have a look at the NTK momentarily and get back to you.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

is there not a 10mins grace period

esp as this is an ANPR capture?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

OK, on the surface, that looks like a fairly bog standard NTK. Does it mention (on the back perhaps) the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (or PoFa 2012). I'm guessing not.

I don't know a great deal about Athena, but as they're members of the IPC an appeal is pointless, although it would create a paper trail. More on that later.

Have a click of this link... https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-0964707606882478:652l7hswbgv&ie=UTF-8&q=athena&sa=Search+CAG#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=athena&gsc.page=1 and read some of the other Athena threads on CAG. You'll find them eye opening!

The usual chain of events...

Initial NTK.

NTK reminder.

NTK Final Demand.

Letter from Debt Collector ( the guy on the next desk with red ink loaded in his printer ) asking for (usually) £160, the letter will be full of "if", "maybe", "might" and "recommend". In reality, the Debt Collector is paid just to write you scary letters to make you think that they have some sort of power over you. They do not!

Reminder from Debt Collector ( more scary red ink and lots more "if", "maybe" and "might".

Final demand from Debt Collector. Probably with a reduced payment offer. Around about £125.

A letter from Gladstones (Gladrags) Solicitors, promising hell and damnation if you don't knuckle down, do as you're told and pay them lots of your hard earned.

And finally, if all else fails, a letter before action/claim, to tell you that they'll take you to county court.

Ultimately, only if they take you to court AND win (which is a long way from certain) are you forced to part with any money at all. Which would be a maximum of about £150 (and not the £250+ that they'll try to claim), and only if you don't pay a judgement do you get a CCJ on your credit file.

Now, the thing you should know about the IPC, their 'Independent' Appeals Service and Gladrags Solicitors.... Same people, different party frock, so, no conflict of interest there then :smile:. They're only 'independent' in the warped minds and the parallel universe of the two guys that run it all, Will Hurley and John Davies.

Thank you so much for your advice DragonFly1967, you clearly know what you're talking about!

I have looked up so many threads now and I can accept that you are right. Unfortunately, I don't think I have the figurative balls to put up with that much correspondence from them without giving in! :sad:

is there not a 10mins grace period

esp as this is an ANPR capture?

Good starting point. :thumb:

I haven't been alerted to a grace period �� Seems a very steep charge for a tiny overstay though

The IPC Code of Practice for members states on Page 12...

Section 15, subsection 2.

"Drivers must be allowed a minimum period of 10 minutes to leave a site after a prepaid or permitted period of parking has expired."

Although in Section 15, subsection 3. It says "The reference to 10 minutes in 15.2 above shall not apply where the period of pre-paid or permitted parking does not exceed 1 hour providing that the signage on the site makes it clear to the motorist, in a prominent font, that no grace period applies on that land." I'm doubtful that this would be on any of their signage.

Now, given that to comply with the IPC CoP they must give you a 10 minute grace period, what they're actually trying to claim money for is an 8 SECOND overstay. There isn't a judge in the country that wouldn't tear them a new one for wasting their time!

Personally, I'd send one single letter to Athena with copies to the Lidl CEO and the Lidl Store Manager.

Dear Athena.

THIS IS NOT AN APPEAL.

Thank you for your Parking Charge Notice, my hamster is enjoying his new bedding very much.

According to the IPC Code of Practice at 15.2 a grace period of a MINIMUM of 10 minutes after any allowed parking time MUST be given.

As the allowed time is 1 hour and 30 minutes, and I was parked there for 1 hour, 40 minutes and 8 seconds. You're actually ridiculous enough to try to claim £90 (reduced to £45 if paid promptly) for a 8 SECOND overstay!

I suggest you get a grip before you make yourselves look foolish in court!

Needless to say, I will not be paying.

PS. To Lidl CEO & the Store Manager.

I am a regular customer of Lidl, and if you allow these morons to treat your customers in this way, in future I shall be doing my shopping at Aldi.

Printed name

Recorded Keeper.

There is no requirement for you to be polite :wink:

I'd put money on that being cancelled tout suite

• Confused 1

Hahahaha I like your style :lol:

I shall send mail and decide on payments closer to the 14 days...

Thank you ever so much for all of your help!! It's lovely to see strangers being so kind and helpful in a bid to beat evil! :roll:

If you're fairly local to the store, it might be worth popping down to the car park and getting pictures of all the signage. Especially any sign at the entrance to the car park, and some nice close ups of their (so called) terms & conditions. (upload that here as well)

Do that before you send the letter off, just in case this car park has different conditions to the usual guff, doubtful but it pays to be 100% sure of your ground.

Hahahaha I like your style :lol:

I shall send mail and decide on payments closer to the 14 days...

Thank you ever so much for all of your help!! It's lovely to see strangers being so kind and helpful in a bid to beat evil! :roll:

I sincerely hope that you decide not to pay. Giving in to these greedy bast... erm, clowns, only encourages them more and gives them more money to hound more innocent people.

And you got the word for them bang on "Evil" is the only way to describe them.

And finally, you're most welcome, it's what we do :wink:

from what I can see the notice isnt POFA compliant

so they cant elect to sue you in that capacity and they dont know who was driving so as long as you dotn tell them they are stuck.

Get the store to cancel by contacting the UK CEO's office and mention that the matter falls within the meaning of "de minimis" as the grace period is a MINIMUM of 10 minutes etc.

DO NOT contact the parking co by email or phone - EVER.

it will only allow then to harass you for free, make them write proper letters with stamps on the outside if they want to send you begging letters.

• 10 months later...

First time for me on a blog, so here goes... Im starting the same fight on behalf of my disabled old boy - overstayed by a genuine 10mins and 24 seconds.

Note that the Lidl website states

2. Every time you visit the store, use the terminal located within the store to validate your vehicle registration after shopping.

Check - are there any terminals in store? There wasnt in this one.

Also, Lidls terms and conditions for shopping are not displayed on the entrance to the store - so does that mean every customer needs to go to their website before shopping?

Food for thought...

Also see interesting report on 'dearcustomerrelations' website - a nice lidl earner!

Shame the site calls them fines.....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...