Old Barclaycard questions

rosequeen
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I wondered if any other poster on the Barclaycard forum has been able to obtain copies of their original application form and statements dated before 1996 using the DSAR method?

Did you have to take as it as far as small claims court or the ICO to get the info?

Also, does anyone know if Barclaycard used a shorter 9 digit account number in the early 1980's before they extended it to 16 digits?

Thanks very much to anyone who can help

Hi RQ,

There's no clear pattern on this but the majority of CCA Requests result in BC producing a "reconstruction" of the original agreement. Enforceability depends on when the a/c was opened and whether an reconstruction, copy application or copy credit agreement is produced.

Very few cases go to Small Claims or ICO (not appropriate) about CCA Requests.

I can only recall 16 digit card numbers with BC - I certainly don't recall having a 9 digit number and that's from the late 70's onwards.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick, thanks for your response. Yes I've read about the reconstructed B/C application and credit agreements in complaints regarding unfair bank charges, however mine is related to PPI on an old closed account so I didn't do a CCA request.

I sent a DSAR to B/C and they said they could not find any details in their systems, but in a phone call mentioned that older B/C accounts had shorter account numbers. I've got a record of what the 16 digit number was in 1990 because it came up in the results of DSAR to another business, I don't recall any different numbers.

Can I ask if you have any evidence that B/C used 16 digit account numbers in the early 1980's to 1990's. If so, could you upload an image (with your personal details obscured), so I can be sure my account number was always 16 digits long? Thanks again RQ

Hmmm,

I can take a look at how old statements are that I still have and let you know - bear with me over the Easter w/end.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 months later...
Thanks Slick, it would really help if I could establish that my B/C was 16 digits long from the opening of the account in the early 1980's. Hope you have a good Easter.

Hi rosequeen, did you have any success with Barclaycard card. I am currently trying to get info on an account I had in the same time period, my Barclaycard account number was13 digits long

Hi TB and welcome to CAG

If you want to discuss your case further, start your own new thread and give us some details so we can help you.

Hi rosequeen, did you have any success with Barclaycard card. I am currently trying to get info on an account I had in the same time period, my Barclaycard account number was13 digits long

Hi TB, see my PM

please don't PM, read our rules

keep things in the open forum

new users cant PM anyway below 30posts

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry TB when I saw you'd been a cagger since 2010 I wrongly assumed you could read PM's.

what I sent you was that I did not get anywhere with my query.

I asked a few posters for help but none got back to me, other than what you can see in this thread.

I'm not giving up yet, just trying to think what I can do to make some progress.

You mentioned in your post having a B/card with 13 numbers, may I ask when the account was opened and did it start with 4929 ? Thanks

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...