hi thanks mrose and sergent dont think ill bother what do you think

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) hi to you all

i have spent lots of time on this web site,lots to read but im sure it will be worth it in the end.i totally intend on donating to the site when i win(i hope).

i think i know what the shedule is but like all first timers,claiming charges back,i may need help from time to time.the first step for me is to get my statements.

in order to do this do i go into my branch with the data protection act 1998 subject access request letter? along with my £10 and confirmation of who i am

thanks for any help:?

Michele:)

Hi there

Just a word of warning make sure they date the receipt, they didn't with mine and I had to hand a nother one as although I could prove they had received it, I couldn't prove when, hence they could of taken months to get my statements out to me.

Good luck

carlie

HALIFAX - SETTLED IN FULL - 26TH SEPT

NATWEST - SAR SENT FOR ICLE BRO - 27TH SEPT

ALSO GOING TO START CLAIMS FOR MUM AND DAD:D

BE A STAR GIVE 5% TO THIS SITE

:p IF YA LOVE ME CLICK THE SCALES:p

hi just .wanted to check that before i start the ball rolling do i need to change my d debits etc from the bank im trying to get the charges from to a diff one .just in case they close my account. thanks

They have to give 30 days notice to close your account so dont panic. I have sent all my 1st letters & go onto the LBA stage on 22nd Sep. All I have done is open a new account as a back up - just incase they do close mine.

:D :D :D :D :D

Halifax Bank Account.. Sent 1st letter, to calim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery. LBA Sent on 22.09.06, Moneyclaim form sent on 10.09.06

Halifax Visa Account.. Sent 1st letter to claim ££ on 08.09.06 - Recorded Delivery - Recieved a letter on 21st September to say full amount will be refunded -- £240.00-

Argos Card Account.. Pending.

Egg Card - Pending

DESPIT MY ATTEMPTS TO DONATE TO THIS SITE I DO NOT HAVE A PAY PAL ACCOUNT - JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I HAVE TRIED !

• 2 weeks later...

:-) hi to you all,well i start uni in one week so really wanted to get everything together before i started.have looked all over the web site for days and i think i know what to do, in what order etc.have got calenders up on the wall of my schedule.start the process tommorow. i know if i have a problem someone is always there to help. as i said im going onto the branch tom to start the ball rolling.

p.s after i go onto the branch to give them the request for statements with dpla letter shall i send all futher correspondance via my local branch or do it to the one most peeps seem to be sending it too,trinity rd?

thanks for any help.

I would think the best thing to do would be to send the correspondence to whoever writes to you. Whoever writes to you will be working your case, so would make sense to send it direct. Ensure everything goes by recorded so you can prove when they receive your letters.

Good luck!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

hi im looking at the preliminary approach letter and noticed something.about overdrafts in it

ill quote a bit of the letter : i now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful:

as i do not have an overdraft on the account im claiming for do i leave those words in relation to the overdraft limit out .

thanks for any help. its prob common sense but just like to check am doing this right 100%

thanks

Well if you don't have an overdraft limit, then your limit is nil, just leave it in. They are sooo bamboozled at the moment they are probably just looking at the amounts and not reading the whole letter

Good Luck

PLEASE READ THE FAQ's

man im thick sometimes you cant see for lookin.of course ill have unauthorised overdraft charges .for example, sent back direct debits because you have insufficient funds in your account will automatically make you go into an unauthorised overdraft.so you will be charged for insuff funds and going in unauth overdraft.right got it you wouldnt think i was at uni

thanks cillitbanger

hi to you all . well after lots of problems of a computer nature im back again . really pleased and anxious as started the process yesterday went into the bank with my data protection letter. have got my calenders out and on the wall with all my dates in for the whole process.fingers crossed things go okay as dont need hastle as starting uni this week . thanks for all your help on this site . i will be donatin when i win ! :)

Hi - take a bit of time to read up first to make sure that you have the facts before going too far ahead. Read the FAQs and template letters then have a good read around here to see how others are getting on. Keep any progress on your own claim or questions that arise in a new thread in the forum for your bank to make it easier for others to follow and advise you. There's a set of links in my sig below that will help you find where all this useful information is. Well done for getting started! :)

My daughter started yesterday in her first year too. Good luck!

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Thanks to jeep. i have been looking in depth for a couple of weeks now and i think i get a good view of what to do .i know if i need help you are all here to help which is great . thanks again .

hi just getting organised, would like to know which of the spreadsheets to use. i hate maths so i was going to pick either simple 1,2,3a,or 3b.all the info i can tell you is that i do not have an overdraft on my account. would appreciate any help.m

first sign of madness....

personally, I used the simple excel spreadsheet, really simple...even a dimmo like me can do it :)

good luck

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank