Denied backdated ESA after medical

Beardybeards
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 22/09/16 I bought my home outright for £44,000 with roughly £46,000 I had in savings. The following day I put in a claim for ESA starting from 01/10, then once I'd received the ESA50 I declared the savings that I'd had in the last six months and how I'd spent them on my house leaving me with under £16,000 in savings.

I spent the next three months sending bank statements, CHAPS receipts, investment bond statements and more bank statements trying to prove what I'd had and what I'd spent it on, but have so far received no assessment phase payments. At no point did I receive any request for fit notes or other medical evidence.

On 11/01/17 I finally had my work capability assessment but two weeks later received the news that I'd be awarded 0 points, and that my claim would be denied from 08/10/16. My sister made a call a few days later to find out why I still hadn't received any assessment phase payments, and was told that a letter would be sent out. I then received a letter stating that they could not pay me an allowance from 08/10/16 as I had been declared fit for work at my assessment.

Is it right that they can retroactively deny me the assessment rate phase like this? It seems incredibly unfair that they could be allowed to do such a thing and I now have no money left to get by on.

The rules are changing all the time for claimants, BUT you MUST inform your local MP regarding this, the 'nil' points is what everyone gets, you HAVE to appeal their default decision, but even that is now at the behest of the corrupt ''mandatory reconsideration'' process, where they will continue to deny you any assistance and uphold the first baseless decision, then you can escalate it to a first tier tribunal, where hopefully, you can expost their errors and have the first decision overturned.

Hammer Maximus's complaints procedure, and also do the same for the DWP/JCP, copy in your local MP also, DON'T take no for an answer.......

Edited by honeybee13
Unwanted words removed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!