EU data Privacy regs implemented in May GDPR may cause issues for bailiffs and DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if BiliffCos and DCA;s will suffer on this one?

EU GDPR on data processing regs might make it difficult where a debt and associated data is being passed around freely, also implications for Credit Reference Agencies, and Marketing companies as Data Subject must give explicit consent for the data processing

From the article link below:

http://www.idgconnect.com/abstract/24102/from-insular-us-firms-spammy-marketers-who-gdpr-hit-hardest

‘Privacy by design’, ‘access rights’ and ‘breach notification’

“One of the changes due to be implemented in GDPR is the explicit recognition of the concepts of ‘privacy by design’ or ‘privacy by default’. Businesses will now find themselves subject to a specific obligation to consider data privacy at the initial design stages of a project as well as throughout the lifecycle of the relevant data processing. Overlay the current privacy requirements in individual countries and you have a whole new box of worms.

“Under GDPR individuals will have the right to obtain confirmation that their data is being processed and have access to their data. GDPR clarifies that the reason for allowing individuals to access their personal data is so that they can verify the lawfulness of processing. This in itself will pose huge challenges for organisations with the whole process of giving access to data subject and providing proof of legitimate processing.

“This will incur the highest fines stipulated in any legislation. Organisations are notoriously bad at detecting breaches and the average, only 20%, are detected by organisations themselves, the rest are notified by third parties.”

Rashmi Knowles, Chief Security Architect EMEA at RSA

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If this regulations imposes additional workloads for enforcement companies, I can see the industry pressing the government for an increase in their fee scale.

It will be interesting to see how us leaving the EU affects this proposed regulation.

I would think that as it impinges on their Investigatory Powers provisions it would be canned, as to any increase in fees no doubt the Bailiffcos want them raised anyway.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Agree BN

EA companies wanted higher fee's originally if I remember correctly. ( I am sure I will be corrected if wrong) and any excuse to increase it would be used.

I won't be correcting you Leakie. The fee scale in place under the Taking Control of Goods (Fees) Regulations 2014 is almost identical to that proposed by the independent economist contracted by the Ministry in Justice way back in 2009.

The proposed figures were:

Compliance fee: £75

Enforcement fee: £230

Sale stage fee: £105