Very sent £5 bottle of Vodka Rather than the £50 i ordered!!

becausewecan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I`m wondering where i stand with my issue.

I ordered a £50 bottle of vodka from Very.

When the delivery arrived, it was a totally different item (worth around £5).

I arranged for them to come and collect the incorrect item and re-deliver the bottle of Vodka.

The courier collected the item next day,

then i got an email to say the Vodka was out of stock and the order couldnt be fulfilled.

There was mention of a refund so i did an online chat with them,

i was told that they need to wait until the incorrect item is returned, inspected and approved before a refund is issued, which could take up to 14 days then a further 14 days for refund.

So far ive been out of pocket for nearly 3 weeks and i feel like i've essentially just give Very an interest free loan - where do i stand,

am i able to invoice them for interest at the rates a standard payday lender would charge?!

No. Dont be silly in regards to interest rates. If the courier came and took the item, hopefully you got a tracking code. Then its just a waiting game. Youve already given them 3 weeks. Wait the extra 7 days they suggested ( the total timeline is a bit too long imo) then write/speak and record a call to a manager and demand the refund.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No. Dont be silly in regards to interest rates. If the courier came and took the item, hopefully you got a tracking code. Then its just a waiting game. Youve already given them 3 weeks. Wait the extra 7 days they suggested ( the total timeline is a bit too long imo) then write/speak and record a call to a manager and demand the refund.

I was being flippant regarding interest (see exclaimation mark)

So a company is within their rights to take money from a consumer for a month even though they are 100% at fault? They could make a good little return on that if interest rates were better

Ready my comment in full. I agree that its too long, but you have to follow the procedure. Write to their CEO or email their executive directors and throw in a full complaint. The reason companies do this is because the vast majority of customers are not clued up ont heir rights, and the business gets complacent and thinks it can do what it wants without repercussion.

You have a ton of rights. Use them. You are there for the benefit of the business. Not vice versa.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D