Lowell/? Claimform - old JDW CAT debt prob sb'd

leonmc7878
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2751 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

Thanks for all the help I have had from people in the past just reading these forums

- this kind of thing is why the internet was invented.

I have now a personal plea for help if you people would be so kind, I think this is the right format:

Name of the Claimant ? LOWELL PORTFOLIO I LTD

Date of issue – 13 OCT 2016

What is the claim for –

1. the defendant entered into a consumer creditic act 1974 regulated agreement with JD Williams *********( the agreement)

2. the defendant failed to maintain the required payments and a default notice was served and not complied with.

3. the agreement was later assigned to the claimant on the 31/03/2014 and notice given to defendant.

4. despite repeated request for payment the sum of £1430.00 remains due and outstanding

And the claimant claims

a) the said sum £1430.00

b) interest pursuant to s69 county courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, accruing at a daily rate of £0.313, but limited to one year, being £114.40

c) Costs

What is the value of the claim?£1544.40

Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? CATALOGUE CREDIT ACCOUNT

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? NOT 100% AS ITS DROPPED OFF CREDIT FILE ALSO

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. IT WAS ASSIGNED TO LOWELLS

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? NOT SURE - A BITTER DIVORCE ENSUED

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? NOT SURE - AGAIN I WAS OUT OF THE HOME

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? NOT SURE - SAW A NUMBER OF LETTERS TO MY PARENTS HOME IN THE LAST 6/8 MONTHS AS IT HAS BEEN ABOUT TO DROP OF MY FILE

Why did you cease payments? MOVED HOUSE THROUGH A BITTER DIVORCE AND ASSUMED EX WAS TAKING CARE (stupidly)

What was the date of your last payment? THE DEFAULT WAS ISSUED JULY 2010 SO BEFORE THIS DATE

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? NO

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? NO

Thanks in advance

So the,agreement was in your name?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sounds like its sb'd yes

Go ring JDW and ask last payment or order date

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi MAte

thanks again for replying and taking time out - I really appreciate this.

I have just spoken to a lovely lady at JDW who has given me the information below:

Last order 26/06/2009

Last payment was prior to 22/09/2009 (they dont keep details after 6 years she told me so this is as far back as it goes on their system)

There is an entry of 07/06/2010 for this being sold to a debt collection agency

Does this info help at all ?

Great work!!

Go up on mcol website

Acknowledge the claim

Defend all

Leave jurisdiction unticked

You can Also file the SB defence in post 3 here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?469733-Arrow-Restons-M-S-card-statute-barred(2-Viewing)-nbsp&p=4964155#post4964155

Job done

Nothing more to do

and they

Thanks again, you are amazing.

I have tried to register on that MCOL but it keeps giving me an error - when I enter my details of name and address, it has given me a GG number

is there nay other advice ?

Edited by leonmc7878

Look at the claim form

Moneyclaimonline

and they

Great work!!

Go up on mcol website

Acknowledge the claim

Defend all

Leave jurisdiction unticked

Job done

Nothing more to do

Hi Really sorry to mither - I have managed to log on now but it says about 14 days and it was issued on 13th October - so this falls outside that - do I need to "Start AOS" or am I still OK to "Start Defence"

Sorry - pain again.

I am on a page that says state your defence in a maximum of 122 lines - what should I place in this box please

Sorry - pain again.

I am on a page that says state your defence in a maximum of 122 lines - what should I place in this box please

As per DX's advice above - if you click on the link he provided, you'll find this in post #3:

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (insert date).

2 The Defendant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980.

If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £[insert figure from their POC] or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

This is your statute barred defence.

Yeah sorry - so I engaged my brain and read the posts in full and have managed to do that.

I am really sorry that I had to keep asking questions I was just very nervous and worried about it all.

Many Thanks to dx100UK and shamrocker for your patience.

Do I need to wait to do anything now ? if there is a thread or advice on this already tell me what I should read.

thanks

So you managed to do both OK

Nothing to do bar read threads in this forum

and they

So you managed to do both OK

Nothing to do bar read threads in this forum

Hi There

Sorry to be an idiot, but now I have done that entry - how will i know that its been cancelled and no ore action will be taken by them or the courts ?

thanks

Its not been cancelled...the claimant has 33 days to consider your defences and decide if they wish to proceed (challenge them) if they do not respond within the 33 days the claims will be stayed (paused) not cancelled.

See what transpires.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread