CABOT contacted me again despite sending STOP.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the msg you received was from a short code then yes, send STOP ALL back to the same number

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

So..... I've reported each and every message to 7726... AND sent STOP ALL twice now...

Saturday at 15.33 sent STOP ALL to Cabot short code 22268.

Today 11.23 received a please call Cabot message from that very same short code.

Sent another STOP ALL to 22268...

Hmm...

Complaint to Ofcom then if they are ignoring your request to stop

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Brilliant, cabrot and their continued misuse of the communications network!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I would fill in a complaint anyway, it will keep cabot occupied for a bit and if no one ever complains about the malpractice, how do ofcom deal with these things?

Ditto, always always complain about their misuse of the communications network, and drop a line to your local MP too, for all the good they do!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ICO? It should go to Ofcom!

Fair enough

• 2 weeks later...

It will only stop txt msgs, wont stop letters or phone calls

not at all, as long as you are ok with me switching off my free help sign!

Well sending STOP has worked. Haven't heard from them since. No phone, text or letters. Shame really. I'm kind of missing them...

Well as this is now concluded and you dont require any further help I will mark the thread as resolved and close it.

Regards

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Hi all. I had a thread that was closed as resolved a few months back as CABOT had been texting and calling about an SB credit card account from MINT. I sent STOP and they went away for a while...

Yesterday, (Friday 28th) I had a text from them asking me to please call CABOT etc...

Well, what shall I do?

I will say now that having previously told them to back off quite some time ago I have been ignoring their mail.

I moved a while back and I know they have previously written to my old address as the post was redirected but that's expired now and as I'd sent them the save for service of summons style letter I don't acknowledge. They've written to me at my current address too, again unanswered, and I know they got this from a credit search in April...

BUT, considering the debt is very much SB'd and the risk that CABOT might try a sneaky summons at my old address is it worth me contacting them to confirm my current address?

Perhaps I can do this by way of a complaint to them for failing to stop texting me?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Edited by Andyorch
edited

what is a save for service of summons style letter

yes i'd do what you are suggesting

and mention its SB'd

then you can hit them with a CONC complaint to the FCA

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...