EESA paid but no letter.

Santa1023
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Three years ago my wife’s DLA benefit was stopped. We applied for it again and even went for an interview but there was no response.

At that time we decided that her disability was not serious enough to pursue the claim, and since the money was not vital, we let it lie. In April this year we received a form to complete with all the details needed to reinstate the claim. We hadn’t applied for it but since her condition has deteriorated, we went ahead with it. We then heard nothing more until early August, when they sent us an ESA1 application form with instructions to complete it within 30 days. This we did and have heard nothing since.

On August 17th £218.16 was paid into our joint account, labelled (NI No) EESA. Then the same amount has been paid in on 31st. We have not had any communication at all from DWP to explain how they arrived at this figure and indeed, that she has been granted the payment. We would not be granted income based allowances as my pension is too high.

Can anyone tell me what this payment might be, and what I should do, if anything? I am putting the money aside for now in any case and my inclination is to wait and see.

Sometimes payments are made prior to the acceptance letter being received.

If you've still not received confirmation by next week, then I would get in touch with them and ask what is going on.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I'm a bit confused - you mention a DLA award, but the form they sent you was an ESA1, a claim form for ESA. Did you intend to claim ESA?

In any case, I agree with Bazooka Boo. Sometimes payments are made before the letter makes it into the post, and on occasion the letter is forgotten about. I'd give it till Monday then call them to see what's up.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Your'e confused? So were the people we tried to get advice from on the phone numbers provided.

In the end, acting on advice, we took it to our local jOb centre, by appointment, and a helpful lady, also puzzled, suggested that we complete it there and then, with her help, and send it off. All this happened on August 15. I did not fill in the intrusive part about my finances as there is no intention to claim any income based allowance. All we want is some help with the extra costs related to someone who uses a wheelchair these days to get around.

So to recap: There was a form in early August (Maybe the 3rd) which asked all the usual stuff about how far can she walk and can she hold a carton of milk. Then the ESA which is more to do with personal finances, then this award of £218.16 (fortnightly I think) starting on August 17th.

Any suggestion as to the best number to call?

Your DLA Claim 3 years ago has ended; you should have had a letter back then telling you that your DLA will be ending on a certain date and for you to apply for it's replacement Personal Independance Payment (PIP).

Since DLA Claim has ended, you cannot reactivate it and you must apply for PIP.

The £218.16 (fortnightly) is Employment Support Allowance (Support Group) Contribution-based,

this would be a replacement for Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, or Severe Disablement Allowance.

Andrew

ASI Industries = As i in does tries!

As i in does tries!: My definition.

I will try, i may never succeed in the goal, but at least by trying i have a greater chance of success than never trying at all!

My opinions are my own & occasionally may offend, but it is not my intention to cause offence in the first place!

Standard with the DWP nowadays.

PIP is what you now need to claim, this is what helps with living with a disability, not ESA.

TBH, when I went for the face to face interrogation for PIP, I expected another three year legal battle like I had with my ESA.

I was pleasantly surprised to be awarded enhanced rate mobility and standard rate daily living for ten years before re-assessment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Most certainly yes, if possible get some help with filling them in as they're a minefield!

You will need to ring up to start the PIP process, and if you're successful then the claim is backdated to when you made the initial phone call.