Lynsey V Capital One

lyns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lyns, I am in the same boat as you now, my letter reads word for word what they have sent you. Am writing back to them today refusing offer and also to the court to let them know I am continuing with claim. I take it you sent your refusal letter to cap one, what day did they receive it?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lyns, also spoke to court and they tell me they are behind, cap one have until 4 May now to issue a defence, but the lady at the court advised me to ring beg of next week to see if they have issued a defence, if not to fill in the judgement and send it back to them so they receive it on the 4th.

Capital One have already issued the defence in my claim but it has now been transferred from MCOL to my local county court. Still not had any sign of the cheque they promised me though! I think I will ring the court again to see if they are catching up any and try to get a date to attend court. Dont think it will go that far anyways but even if it does i have nothing to lose as they have already offered me the charges, 8% interest etc.. I find myself desperate to get home to check the post these days!!

I will be doing paintball! I have nothing to lose now as they have already offered me the charges and 8% interest, they will pay out any time now they cant risk going to court can they? Fingers crossed for all of us! Yes doo we are at the same stage now so we will have stick together and spur each other on!

As predicted, wonder if people who have'nt claimed yet get the same treatment?..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

I have decided to start again with Capital One.. will keep you all posted. I will be going back more than the 6 years.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi lyns, just wondered if you have had any reply from cap one yet, I also wrote a letter telling them that they have not fulfilled the claim so court action will continue. Am waiting for reply. My allocation questionnaire has to be in by 10th May - thats ok - will also attach the Draft Order for Directions supplied on here.

Not sure about that lyns as I sent mine back, they should receive it today. I'm sure uk will advise you, have you had their defence yet and allocation questionnaire to fill in.

I had a defence a while back from them, it was the same as what they put in a letter to me. I never got an allocation questionaire to complete though. The judge at my local court didnt think that my case needed one, not sure what that means but from what i have read on here it might speed the case up a bit. I hope I havent been wrong cashing the cheque, do you think it might damage my case? I sent a letter to them today to tell them i have cashed it and will change the amount they owe me with the court.

Some courts are by-passing the allocation questionnaire while some seem to still send them out for bank charge claimants. Re: your defence, mine was the same as my letter. I am not sure of your figures, how much were your total charges and how much was the cheque for?

Well the only thing to remember now is that they have paid your charges so you are now continuing fighting for which rate of interest the court would award you, read up on contractual stuff, have you had any replies yet to the letter you sent them.

lyns, i've just been in the same situation with halifax, and won, luckily i'll add. if you need any help let me know:)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

They don't rush do they, hopefully I will get some sort of reply this week too, will let you know if I do. Also, good to have c allen on your thread, as she says, she has just (literally days ago) won her case against the Halifax.

Still nothing from the court or capital one! I am getting seriously annoyed now and stressed out! Sorry electric lemon not been on for a while due to planning my wedding! If you have not already sent your LBA i will have a look at home later and pm you with the one i used.

hay thats great Lyns,

Oh WOW - a wedding. I'm sooooo excited!!

Whens the big day?

Ive always thought I should have been a wedding photographer instead of working for the NHS!!!

I shall await your PM.

By the way Im confused with the time span with LBA's. Here it quotes we should give 14 days but Martin on Moneysavingexpert.com states 7 days?????

G8 to hear from you Lyns.

Electric:D