Lynsey V Capital One

lyns
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have now got a court date in September. Also got some letters from Capital one this last week. One offering me some more money and another one with copies of letters that they will be relying on in court! Getting worried now has anyone else had these letters?

Going by the other posts on here you might not need to go to court,capone settle about 3 weeks after recieving court paperwork.

im just about to file at court for my wife. good luck

Hi lyns, I can't point you to anyone in cap one forum who has been to court so will bump this up for you, you know where I am if you need anything else, hope the e-mail was of use to you.

Check your account everyday Lynns, you should get your refund shortly.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 weeks later...

This is unusual. Have you contacted them yet?. . I will be suprised if they turn up.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Just ask them if they intend to go, and to bare in mind that they have settled hundreds of claims before court hearings before, and also that you have a list of settled cases, which you do have in the Litigation section.

WARNING TO ALL

This is the first time they have gone this far. I wonder if they have forgotten Lynns in the large pile of paperwork they must have. Hope she is ok.

WARNING TO ALL

Just got back from the court and didnt get any extra money:( The lawyer from Capital One was there and he asked to speak to me outside. I went out and he was confirming everything with me (i was hoping he was gonna settle and give me a cheque or something!) We waited over an hour to go into the hearing and the judge was quite abrupt with the lawyer from Capital One as surprise surprise they never filed any documents into the court. He started going through the claim and I showed him my calculations and witness statement. The fella from Cap 1 told him what they had paid to me etc.. Then the judge started going on about the test case with the OFT for a bit and then he said how have you got your figure to charge interest at 25.14% I was a bit stumped and said it was based on the unauthorised borrowing rate that cap 1 charges me. He then started saying I could only claim this if I had a contact with cap1 to say if they charge me this amount then I would charge them that amount back. He said this is only allowed if you have a contractual agreement to do this which of course I havent. He then said do you want to go ahead with this, and I said yes but he said you need another reason/arguement other than if they do it then so so can i. Obvoiusly I didnt have another reason as I dont have a contract to say I can do this so I had no other option but to leave it at that. The judge said if I went ahead and lost then cap1 could claim money back from me as they had already paid me a bit more than the charges amount plus 8% interest. I had no option really but to give notice to quit. I feel quite dissapointed but as the judge said there have only been two cases gone to the final hearing and one claimant won and one lost so it is a bit of a gamble and i would have had to pay costs. I have got back my charges plus some that were over 6 years old and the 8% interest so I still feel I have won just would of been nice to get a bit more but nevermind I am glad i seen it through because I would have been thinking what if.

Ok Lynns, well done for trying. It is a bit of a gamble going to court for the interest at Contractual Rate. At least they have paid up most of your claim. It is a bit of a Lottery with the CCI now, looks like they may defend this more often.

WARNING TO ALL

Lyns

Sorry to hear about this ...but well done you for trying.

I wonder if you would mind sending me a copy of your POC either by PM or clicking on the instant messenger icon under my avatar. I'm interested to see how yours differ from mine as I was successful with CapOne. Also, was the interest you charged what you had paid out on each charge? I calculated mine from my Purchase Interest Rate.

I ask this in the interest of other claims that are ongoing and hope you don't mind.

Cheers, Painty x x

Hi lynns, glad it's all over for you and yes you have won, you got all your charges and 8%, so congrats and well done. I am 100% sure it all comes down to how much purchase interest you have paid on your account, having done 3 claims for family using the same POC, 2 paid out in full CCI and as you know I got charges, purchase interest and 8%. (Mine was the only claim where my purchase interest was less than the CCI I was claiming, hence that's what they paid me).Hi Painty.

Hi Lyns,

You have done brilliantly!

Just think back to when you first started all this, with the person you were & what you know now. Fantastic!:)

Its soooo flamin daunting going into a court room. You're scared to breath even for doing the wrong thing!

What a nerve Crap 1 have got going to court - I am so mad with them for putting you through this. Grrrrrrrrr:mad:

I so wanted to see that they had paid up so that you didnt have that court experience. HOWEVER, you are wiser & more knowledgeable now & I bet would have more courage to go back into court if need be!

I will have to look back at your amounts on here, to see what your charges were & what your interest was & what interest you charged???

I am claiming about £1000 total. £600 odd for charges & £400 thereabouts for interest at 34.9%.

Cripes, hope they just pay though its nail biting time for me as N1 filed & 25 days counting down.:eek:

Loadsa luv sweetie,

Celebrate tonight cause you did real good & deserve it!:D

Lemoney-Loo-La

xx

Thanks guys! I coulnt have done it without all the help and support from you lot! I felt sick in that waiting room at the court but I am glad I seen it through till the very end. I am now going to concentrate on the banks,He! he! What fun... Will try and dig out my POC for you paintball and will pm you later.