2Checkout - Sharing Account information

MrLimez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

I have been advised to post my story here then once it has been assessed it can be moved to the correct section.

I had an account with 2checkout.com back in 2012, the account was closed in September 2012. My father recently applied for an account with them and they advised he failed background checks, he contacted them for more information to find out the issues and work to resolve them. The person on the phone told him he had already had an account in 2012 which was closed. My father has never had an account with them and asked for them to email this so called account information to him. They emailed him my account number from their website and details for when the account was opened and closed. I know my father is not going to be doing anything with the information but fact is they still shared the information. My father had provided drivers licence and utility bill during the application. Myself and my father do not have the same first name only surname. My father phoned back again after receiving the email with my account information on only to be met with a reply of "nothing we can do, I have other customers to deal with in the queue, goodbye"

I am confused how to complain, yes my father is not going to abuse the account information they shared but surely this breaks data protection

Any advise on what to do next will be great

• 2 weeks later...

What do you wish to achieve?

from my reading on the issue someone at the company was trying to be overly helpful in trying to assist a person who they believed already had an account; ok they have made a mistake, but what if any damage have you suffered?

You could complain to the company directly or make a complaint through the data protection route but it does depend on what you wish to achive about it.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle