employability course for 2nd time advice needed

superg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello every one I am looking for some advice please as not sure where I stand. In march / April i was forced to do a two weeks Emploability skills course with working links. I completed it and have a city and guilds level one.

Now the other day i went to jobcentre the person there said I have to do yet another two weeks course and you receive a certificate yet again but this one is issued by ncfe.

The adviser was even asking me strange questions like when did i go to bed etc. i asked if the course was mandatory as i have done the exact same one two months before and the reply was even if it wasn't why would you not want to.

also i did advice the person i think its fraud as i all ready have level one in this they said it wasn't also they want me to travel on bus for nearly one hour and a half i have anxiety and depression and this would not help me i just need some advice what to do next i think this is harassment but no idea what to do any help would be appreciated Thank you

Are you on JSA? because it sounds like moving to ESA might be a better fit for you.

I'd ask to be put on ESA for a month. In terms of JSA, you'll be put into the EPS or extended Period of Sickness, meaning you won't attend at the JC or any mandated courses because of your condition. Most GP's might even suggest moving to ESA if your struggling with issues for anxiety/depression. Talk to a GP & explain your situation they are always there to listen.

In my experience the ESA staff at JC are far more likeable & understanding then those on the JSA frontline. But then the JSA staff have seen it all so...

Besides this there's no reasonable point in repeating the same course again.

The adviser was even asking me strange questions like when did i go to bed etc. i asked if the course was mandatory as i have done the exact same one two months before and the reply was even if it wasn't why would you not want to.

If you are being mandated to participate in this "course", and you feel it inappropriate in your current circumstances, then you can insist that it is referred to a Decision Maker. As a "qualification" to improve your prospects of employment, it has very little, if any value. Having sat through a couple myself, the "certificate" was hardly worth lighting a fire with, let alone improving my chances of getting a job.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hi thank you for you replies I have worked in the past even been self employed before I have been on esa before but got placed back on jsa this was many years a go so not sure also fit notes stress me out so unsure but its an option. I spoke to city and guilds and the jobcentre and providers change the names and alter units to get people on these.

I will ask agin if its mandatory and ask to be referred to a decision maker I do not like people taking advantage of people when they feel vulnerable they should be sacked I even seen the Dea (Disability employment adviser ) had a very bad experience but no recorder to hand most are not bad that i se I will se what happens Thanks again for your help

hello I have been in to the office to se them again and they claim that the course is new and only for the long term unemployed I have shown them the (pwp ) post work program internal stuff and advised that the previous coach tried to get us on mwp but because the dwp did not do it sooner we did not have to do it.

I have been self employed for around three months around one year ago and the person still says i am long term unemployed. I now have to go and se the training provider and probably have to do tests yet again.

I did ask for a Decision maker but the person was not interested my anxiety gets really bad in groups of people and even the other day i had an attack on way there. no idea what to do now just looking up some rules i dont know if they are the same as work program or not

• 1 year later...

ive been on one of these, a 4 week course i finish it on Friday, and now the Jobcentre says i have to go on another one on Tuesday of next week. My body cant handle it im in pain all the time im there, and when i get home its worse, now they want me to go through all this again. What exactly can i do to get out of it because i cant take much more of this, they threaten you of losing you're benefits.

What exactly can i do to get out of it because i cant take much more of this, they threaten you of losing you're benefits.

Ask (demand) for an urgent mandatory reconsideration by a decision maker. If this "course" is to all intents and purposes the same as the activity that you have just completed, then forcing you to go through with it a second time is a waste of time and resources.

You will have to move pretty sharp to get your MR in, so it may pay to write a letter and deliver it in person tomorrow rather than relying on it being processed promptly by the Wolverhampton mail handling centre.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Unless anybody has a more recent version have a read of the Work-focused interview advisers guide

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/work_focused_interview_advisers

Pay attention to the sections on how you both should agree things which will cause no harm and with in the limits of your condition.