Trouble with Landlord wanting to increase rent please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2905 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"3 years later this idiot only ever texts when the rent isn't paid or a day late "

From your OP

"Thank you. We have always paid on time and endeavour to in the future."

For the benefit of clarity and in order to receive the best advice which of your above statements is correct?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is/was rent paid by Standing Order or direct payment via online banking?

Rent is due IN LL's bank account ON due date, but most LLs would not be concerned over 24-48 hrs if due to vagaries of bank's payment system.

Why are you targeting the fact I missed a payment twice in 3 years and not helping me with the issue. I've stated why they were missed, so why are we still discussing it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Just an update. After my LL text message now over a week ago, I replied the same day to arrange a different time from the time specified, and now a week or more has passed with no reply. This is typical behaviour from him and annoys the hell out of me as I have to work like the rest of us.

Hi

He's been and gone, took a few pictures and just said he will be in contact. I'm going to guess he's going to put the rent up from 650 to 1000 which is a massive jump. I just wanted to no if that was allowed?? And whether I can appeal against such a huge rise.

Let us wait and see what increase (if any ) is proposed and whether LL uses s13 Notice.

He can propose any increase he wishes and you can decline & serve your own valid NTQ and vacate.

We do not know location or property nor current market rents for area,

When was current rent last agreed? If you felt it was a 'fair' price then, you can use change in RPI since then to estimate what a 'reasonable' new rent might be.