Three Mobile - Help Required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2958 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband had a contract with Three Mobile for his IPad. He noticed that payments had stopped going out, this was in January 2016, so rang up to check why. Three told him that the contract ended last November, so that was fine and we thought no more about it.

Until, a debt collection letter appears, claiming that the last two payments were never made, totalling £50, and that they now want £341! Never had ANY letters or emails or texts to say that payments weren't paid at the time, no reminders or bills, nothing. And no mention of this when my husband called to query why payments had stopped, only that the contract had ended months before.

He rang the debt collection agent, who sounded like they'd heard this complaint many times before, and immediately handed it back to Three. He called Three who are digging their heels in, despite my husband offering the last £50 there and then to resolve.

What do we do about these disgusting underhand tactics - and would strongly advise against anyone using this disreputable company.

Stay OFF the phone, ONLY deal with this outfit (3) via letter or email.

And most certainly NEVER ever ring a powerless DCA, I bet this was Lowell??

Enter 3's complaints process, and exhaust it.

They tried this little con trick with my mother some years back, claiming it was only £24, and my mother was going to pay it, until I found out and told her it was wrong, and not to.

Complain to 3 in the first instance, but don't be surprised when you have to escalate it to the ombudsman, as 3 are inherentlybad at any customer care whatsoever!

Everything in writing, keep a diary of events, and also, obtain 'proof of posting. from the PO counter, which is free.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!