Egg Card now owned by Barclaycard

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ticking the box is one thing,not receiving the proper advice and then being mis-sold PPI is another IMO.

One of my cards said 'Tick The box if you do not want protection' and others say 'Tick if you do'.

mmmmm. will post the 'agreement' up tomorrow. I cannot see anywhere where it is mentioned on there that i've signed up for it. And I think i'd like to see that App form. They haven't produced it within the SAR which is strange as i've got everything inc text messages.

M

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves [as I can't immediately access my old PPI claims with egg] they just act as agents/brokers for the insurers so a SAR to the Insurance company might turn up some relevant information?

If they act as agents/brokers then there should be some reference to passing on your details to the insurance company.

If there is no reference to that then how can they prove that your premiums were used to fund that policy?

As PPI is subject to Insurance Premium Tax,should we all be given the details of the tax payment on a monthly basis for credit card accounts or as a one off payment when the cash is advanced for a one off payment when it is a loan.

Were any T & C's relating to the PPI sent with the SAR or the CCA request as they form part of the ongoing agreement [AKA the alleged agreement]

The PPI insurer would have been The Prudential;

later, St Andrews Group.

Many early Egg agreements do not show tthe PPI, even though it was applied for!:

Wapedia - Wiki: Egg Banking

You are correct (special prize ordered for AC :D).

I have my agreement in my SAR bundle but no sign of PPI.

According to Egg (I made an enquiry pre-Cag) I applied for it online.

Need a good calculator now to start working this out. The interest start at just under 1% and rose over the life of the card - about 8 years!!!

M

I believe that the interest is claimed at the current cash rate that they charge you on your current statement--makes the total quite attractive!

That could be quite heavy on an 8 yr old card (the 1% above is per month btw). any good calculators?

M

Late payment £16!!!!!!!!!!!

Interest should be on first page of statement?Either APR or monthly charge.

Compound interest calculator

3% per month is 36.48% APR--I think!! But get others to check as my maths has always been iffy!

They don't like you!

I don't think they do lol.

The only interest mentioned on the front page is the 1.538% for merchandise,

M

A £5 charge from 15th Dec.2001 would have accrued interest of £87.41 by 15th Dec.2009....that'll do nicely!

Wow, that's why i need a good calculator (hopefully with an operators manual :D)

This is my first dip into PPI so a little unclear of where i'm going.

M

Hiya MandM,

Thanks for the PM and Advice you have given me,

Yes I am more than willing to help you with this lets give the bank some more bashing ;)

Now did you you know that egg have been fined by the FSA for PPI mis-selling.

This will help you.

I gather it is the calculations and first letter you need help with ?

it is getting late now and will take me a bit of time to sort you out so to that end you are on my radar and i will be back tomorrow evening to get this sorted is that ok with you ?

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya MandM,

Thanks for the PM and Advice you have given me,

Yes I am more than willing to help you with this lets give the bank some more bashing ;)

Now did you you know that egg have been fined by the FSA for PPI mis-selling.

This will help you.

I gather it is the calculations and first letter you need help with ?

it is getting late now and will take me a bit of time to sort you out so to that end you are on my radar and i will be back tomorrow evening to get this sorted is that ok with you ?

Regards

PF

ty PF,

Nice to see you're fighting fit :D,

(and hope the dog has got his bite back too)

Sleep well,

M

MandM,

Thank You yes she is doing well I have to take her back to the orthopaedic vet in devizes again tomorrow (think ill use the back roads lol) for her bone fuse operation.

She will be there overnight so back again Thursday to collect her.

Right Im off as my dog needs loving attention.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

MandM,

Thank You yes she is doing well I have to take her back to the orthopaedic vet in devizes again tomorrow (think ill use the back roads lol) for her bone fuse operation.

She will be there overnight so back again Thursday to collect her.

Right Im off as my dog needs loving attention.

Regards

PF

We have 2, also both girls. Your pic in your signature made us laugh. The dogs sleep downstairs and every night my wife 'tucks them in' on her way up to bed. So the pic is a familiar sight.

We are a strange lot really :D

gn

MandM

ar right hehe like me she is a pompey fan loves a ball hence her pompey flag but yes dogs i love them a true extention to the human race PF

You are correct (special prize ordered for AC :D).

I have my agreement in my SAR bundle but no sign of PPI.

According to Egg (I made an enquiry pre-Cag) I applied for it online.

M

If you applied for the PPI online and at the same time as making the application for credit.

Why isn't there any mention of this PPI on the credit agreement?

If you applied for the PPI online and at the same time as making the application for credit.

Why isn't there any mention of this PPI on the credit agreement?

Exactly, i'd expect to see it there somewhere. The plot thickens :)

No plot, more like Egg cocked up!

He he. I'll get some more of their paperwork posted up. PF is going to point me in the right direction on PPI (not really got into this yet - have been concentrating on getting them all under control and also fighting Egg off on another front) but certainly looks promising at this stage.

M

Edited by MandM
typo, fat fingers

First of all, I wouldnt necessarily assume that DLC have bought the debt - they might have. I had DLC on my case early on with Egg, and eventually - faced with the "Approved limit" observation about their agreements, they went away to be replaced by ARC. Of course they might have bought it, but i would inquire further to find out if they have or if they are only acting as agents.

Given the age of the card, I would either CCA them or (maybe better) do an SAR. The latter is more expensive (£10 compared to £1), but they have to produce the agreement and not just a "true copy" which can basically just be an assemblage, concealing that they dont have one (RBS tried that one with me when I CCAd them, but when I did a Subject Access Request I got a letter back admitting that they dont even have the original application form, never mind anything else). So unless the £10 is going to be a problem, that is what I would do.

As I say, given the age, I would expect it to have the kind of problems that my "agreement" with them has - "Egg Credit card for ...." not credit card agreement; possibly no right to cancel; but most of all "approved limit" with no reference to "credit limit" and thus omitting a terms prescribed by the CCA. You could do worse than have a look at this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/188093-egg-credit-agreements-what.html#post2024413

100% agreed! I did a full SARS on my Egg card in May this year. The card agreement was dated 2001, so it would be an "approved limit, incomplete T+Cs, etc, sort of CCA i.e. unenforceable".

When I say "would be", I am referring to the fact that they have never sent a copy of the CCA.

I received various letters from a lady at Egg, let's call her Charlotte Chapell to protect her identity, claiming to have the matter in hand. As far as I'm concerned, it would be the right hand of she were a man!

The agreement copy has never been sent because she knows that it is unenforceable.

Rather than coming clean and saying, "OK, we (insert word of your choice) up, what did she do? Also taking into account that she knows that I live and work abroad and am outside the county court system in the UK.

Well, the clever little madam decides to get get various DCAs to write to me. the last one sent me an email entitled "international email". Was that meant to intimidate or frighten me?

Charlotte, lovey, all emails are international. Hahahahaa.

By the way, a disputed CCA, which includes the OC not sending one (as in this case), cannot by law, be passed to a third party.

Unfortunately, she has tried this dirty trick 3 times now and it is all in writing! thanks, "Charlotte". Let's see if you qualify for a Christmas bonus.

What this goes to illustrate is this. egg credit card and loan agreements, certainly going back to 2001 for a few years, were incorrectly written in large quantities. that is their "f**k up", not anyone else's.

So they should apologise and write off those debts, and not break the law by illegally involving third party DCAs.

I quote: "Lenders must not mislead borrowers that their debts are enforceable, when in fact they are not, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) says."

Take a look here: Lenders warned not to mislead customers over debts - Legal seagulls

So, bye bye Egg and bye bye "Charlotte".

The consumer is fighting back.

Hi ali,

Maybe i've been lucky but I have been sent a copy of my agreement in response to my SAR. What they didn't give was a copy of the application (makes a change lol).

Good luck with yours though (if I ever get to speak to Charlotte i'll send her your regards :D)

M

Hi ali,

Maybe i've been lucky but I have been sent a copy of my agreement in response to my SAR. What they didn't give was a copy of the application (makes a change lol).

Good luck with yours though (if I ever get to speak to Charlotte i'll send her your regards :D)

M

Thanks! I prefer not to receive the CCA as the account remains in dispute.