style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And, sorry again, Do I still need to take the written statutory declaration to the court, or is it a verbal swearing before the court? Also it seems that I will then get a re-trial on the original offense. Is that when I should plead guilty and ask for a payment plan? And how should I go about asking them to refund the money I paid to the bailif and how long is that likely to take? As i said, i paid him with my rent money and I am now behind on my rent.

Thanks for all the help

Thanks everyone. I have spoke to the court and have an appointment for Wednesday, 21 days to the day! But it looks like I will only get back the original fine and charges, not the hundreds that are bailiff charges. Does anyone have any advice on that? Also, any advice on what to expect at the hearing? thanks again all

Hi all, sorry to keep pestering with this, but my appointment is tomorrow.

1. Do I still need to prepare a statutory declaration and have it witnessed by a solicitor? Or does the fact I am going before a magistrate remove the need for that?

2. Anything special I should say? or just that the letters went ot my old address bu tthe bailiff came to my new one?

3. I think they will refund the original court fine and costs, but not the bailliff's costs, can I ask them to force that, as I need all the money back in order to pay my rent.

4. If I have the resummoned hearing the same day, anything special I should say? Or just plead guilty to keeping a car after the license expired (I wasw broke and selling it but the sale took a lot longer than expected because I had a log book loan that proved difficult to get the logbook back from which slowed the sale) but ask for a payment plan because I don't have any money and am on benefits.

5. if so, is £5 a month realistic?

thanks for all the help everyone

1. Do I still need to prepare a statutory declaration and have it witnessed by a solicitor? Or does the fact I am going before a magistrate remove the need for that?

2. Anything special I should say? or just that the letters went ot my old address bu tthe bailiff came to my new one?

3. I think they will refund the original court fine and costs, but not the bailliff's costs, can I ask them to force that, as I need all the money back in order to pay my rent.

4. If I have the resummoned hearing the same day, anything special I should say? Or just plead guilty to keeping a car after the license expired (I was broke and selling it but the sale took a lot longer than expected because I had a log book loan that proved difficult to get the logbook back from which slowed the sale) but ask for a payment plan because I don't have any money and am on benefits.

Recent changes have been made and I am just waiting to hear from a young lady who is in court at this very moment. I will post back shortly.

Hi all, Sorry to keep pestering, but I'm going to bed shortly as I have to leave early in the morning to get to the court. I was just wondering if you'd heard back from the court or if anyone had any answers to my other questions above? thanks so much

4. If I have the resummoned hearing the same day, anything special I should say? Or just plead guilty to keeping a car after the license expired (I wasw broke and selling it but the sale took a lot longer than expected because I had a log book loan that proved difficult to get the logbook back from which slowed the sale) but ask for a payment plan because I don't have any money and am on benefits.

I am so sorry of not responding sooner.

1. The court will give you the Statutory Declaration form in the morning and it will be witnessed in court before the Magistrate.

2. You will be given an MC100 Means Enquiry Form to complete so make a note in advance of your outgoings. The form is very simple to complete.

3. Explain that you moved address and had not received a summons.

4. You will be asked how you wish to plead. If you plead guilty, the court will re-hear the case at the same time and will then take into consideration your guilty plea and Means Form.

5. If you are asked why you fell behind with paying the road fund licence....just be truthful.

6. The court should be aware from your Means Form that you are on benefits. Accordingly, they should arrange for the fine to be deducted from your benefits. If not, the minimum payment is set at £5 per week (not month). You need to persuade the court that deductions from benefits is the preferred route.