Can not sorn

Leakie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I tried to SORN my car , but was not able too

I purchased the car back in April

the car was beyond economical repair, so I purchased another car , then canceled the car tax ,

before doing so I tried to sorn the original car on-line, I was not able to as the car owner was the previous owner still.

I appreciate I should have chased the V5 but had a lot on my plate and forgot to chase it up.

I then sold the car for scrap, and agreed to send the paper work once received.

Mistake number 2

I then had the police asking if I was the owner of the car, as it was found in a ditch.

no further action from the police.

I have contacted the DVLA and they have not received the slip I was given from the dealer whom I purchased the car from.

this has not been received yet, so I am at a loss what to do as the previous keeper is the one who is receiving all the flack from the DVLA,

Any advice would be appreciated

Leakie.

Did the dealer send the v5 to dvla and give you the small slip? Because the dealer should have done that, and if the v5 isnt in your possession then you should be chasing that dealer.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for a quick response.

The Dealer could not have sent the V5 to the DVLA.

I sent the slip, only a couple of weeks ago, as I spoke to the DVLA about not being able to sorn.

I then purchased a new car transferred the insurance, cancelled the tax and tried to sorn but could not

The police told me that the previous owner had contacted them as the car that had been found in the ditch was still registered to him.

so officially I am not the registered keeper

Hi all

I tried to SORN my car , but was not able too

I purchased the car back in April

the car was beyond economical repair, so I purchased another car , then canceled the car tax ,

before doing so I tried to sorn the original car on-line, I was not able to as the car owner was the previous owner still.

I appreciate I should have chased the V5 but had a lot on my plate and forgot to chase it up.

I then sold the car for scrap, and agreed to send the paper work once received.

Mistake number 2

I then had the police asking if I was the owner of the car, as it was found in a ditch.

no further action from the police.

I have contacted the DVLA and they have not received the slip I was given from the dealer whom I purchased the car from.

this has not been received yet, so I am at a loss what to do as the previous keeper is the one who is receiving all the flack from the DVLA,

Any advice would be appreciated

Leakie.

Thanks for a quick response.

The Dealer could not have sent the V5 to the DVLA.

I sent the slip, only a couple of weeks ago, as I spoke to the DVLA about not being able to sorn.

I then purchased a new car transferred the insurance, cancelled the tax and tried to sorn but could not

The police told me that the previous owner had contacted them as the car that had been found in the ditch was still registered to him.

so officially I am not the registered keeper

if you aren't the RK, and don't want the car, what is the problem?

Yes, but it is also the responsibility of the seller to inform the DVLA when they dispose of a vehicle and not take the word of someone who says 'leave it to me, I will do the log book', so they must take some responsibility.

It is only the responsibility of the seller to notify the change of keeper, the buyer doesn't do anything, just waits tor the DVLA to send their V5C. The buyer just keeps the green 'New Keeper Supplement' slip from the old V5C. If the buyer does not receive the V5C, they need to apply for it using a form V62.

So any come back the will be the garage owner who purchased the car from the previous RK.

I know that he had the car from June as I had sight of the original V5

I purchased the car in August.

The DVLA asked me to send in a letter explaining what happened, which I have held back on for now,

He could well have notified the change, we know from experience how letters go missing at the DVLA without any reason.

But it is still only the seller that is responsible for notifying change of keeper, even if the V5C goes missing at the DVLA.

I have spoken to the DVLA today as I had not received, the V5 for my latests car.

wrong address for me now amended.

I was told to write a letter explaining everything and who I sold the car to , when I tried to sorn etc.