Accord chasing for shortfall yet gave me a cheque for £50

ryansss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Again,

I'm still struggling with Accord mortgages over a shortfall from them selling the property for half of what was paid 9 years ago.

My ex did a deal recently so I'm left with my half of the debt.

I've made a small settlement offer 8% of debt over a month ago. Accord keep pushing me to deal with them over the phone, which I have no wish to do. They also keep pestering me to fill in an expenditure form. I've explained I'm about to be out of work so I don't see how filling in the form is a fair representation of my financial position given I have one more pay day before unemployment. I can't fill in the form based on being unemployed as not sure how much benifits I will get.

I've explained all this, given them proof I'm not in perm employment, I've also given proof of what the property is worth and that I feel they should never have sold so cheap given value has increased so much. They came back to me saying I refuse to talk to them despite them willing to discuss over the phone. They feel they have done no wrong and as a good will gesture have given me a cheque for £50.

I'm writing again asking them to clarify why they need the form given I'm going to be out of work, or do they want me to wait until April and do the form then? Surely they have to answer those questions rather than keep sending long letters pestering me to chat on the phone?

These forms are just such a headache to do so I don't want to do one based on this month if they then are going to want another next :|

Getting a bit frustrating and the cheque they sent felt like an admission of guilt

Hi Again,

I'm still struggling with Accord mortgages over a shortfall from them selling the property for half of what was paid 9 years ago.

My ex did a deal recently so I'm left with my half of the debt.

I've made a small settlement offer 8% of debt over a month ago. Accord keep pushing me to deal with them over the phone, which I have no wish to do. They also keep pestering me to fill in an expenditure form. I've explained I'm about to be out of work so I don't see how filling in the form is a fair representation of my financial position given I have one more pay day before unemployment. I can't fill in the form based on being unemployed as not sure how much benifits I will get.

I've explained all this, given them proof I'm not in perm employment, I've also given proof of what the property is worth and that I feel they should never have sold so cheap given value has increased so much. They came back to me saying I refuse to talk to them despite them willing to discuss over the phone. They feel they have done no wrong and as a good will gesture have given me a cheque for £50.

I'm writing again asking them to clarify why they need the form given I'm going to be out of work, or do they want me to wait until April and do the form then? Surely they have to answer those questions rather than keep sending long letters pestering me to chat on the phone?

These forms are just such a headache to do so I don't want to do one based on this month if they then are going to want another next :|

Getting a bit frustrating and the cheque they sent felt like an admission of guilt

You are under no pressure to fit it with their timescales. They are just running through their normal standard chasing cycle.

If you don't own any assets, no significant savings and your income is about to change, just wait until you know what regular income you will have going forward. They probably would not accept 8% to pay the shortfall off, as they have 12 years to enforce debt under limitations act. They would rather keep the debt and see what payments they can get. Your financial position may change and they will ask for more.

You should probably start asking questiions about the shortfall and send a Data Protection Subject Access Request to obtain copies of all records regarding the repossession and sale of the property. Perhaps you may find out helpful info. Don't wait until later, when it is more difficult to get the info.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

See post # 9 from this thread link re asking for information.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452804-How-do-we-respond-to-shortfall

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread