Xercise4less cooling off

lol321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3000 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Seems these guys are popular

I joined the new gym in person on their 9.99 offer, the next day I filled in their 14 day cancellation form on their website 10th Feb, I have the proof of email from their end.

Does anyone know if they actually get back to you, is it safe for me to cancel the DD, would they make any entries on credit files?

I've read stories that if you sign up in house you're not eligible for the 14 day cooling off is this true?

TIA

Cancel the DD at your end also.

If you have proof of cancellation then there is little they can do.

This will not affect your credit file either.

Be prepared for a small forest to land on your doormat, and to make complaints to the relevant authorities.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I believe you are entitled to cooling off periods with all Gym memberships. But Youd need o check the Ts&Cs... Do you have them?

X4L usually send them via email.

** Edit** - Alas... http://www.xercise4less.co.uk/cancellation-webform-i-joined-less-14-days-ago

However, I suspect that maybe you should beable to do something at least.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The 9.99 was there pre sales offer as the normal 12 month membership is 14.99, plus the email acknowledgement I received said I was an online member. There T&Cs are very contradicting. My membership cancellation request went in under 24 hours from when I joined so same day retrospectively.

Not sure best course of action to take, when I signed up in the club the girl said I had the 14 days but guess they're just puppets on strings.

Hi Lol,

The cooling off period applies only if you joined online or off the gym premises.

However, if you are certain the staff member told you that you had 14 days to cancel, ie a cooling off period, then you DO have grounds to cancel. It's your word against the gym's but, with the reputation they have, you have a good chance of winning.

Cancel the DD mandate immediately via your bank.

Once this is done, let us know and we'll assist with a letter to send to X4Less's Head Office in Leeds.

Do not talk to Harlands/CRS by phone at all, for any reason.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Lol,

........... this was an extended pre sales offer so the cooling off should apply.

Can you give more info about this please.

What gym branch is this about.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Lol,

Can you give more info about this please.

What gym branch is this about.

Hi Slick

Sure, I got a text message (Still have it) saying last chance to get 9.99 offer. call me for more info..... so thats what I did, actually texts etc....

The branch is the Southend on Sea one

It doesn't matter if they first contacted you by phone or text or email.

If you then went into the gym to sign up in person, no cooling off period would normally apply.

However, as you were told by gym staff that you could cancel, you can use this factor in your favour.

Before we suggest a letter, can you recall the name of the staff member who signed you up.

Yes sure do, the Girls name was Naomi,

As the message I received also implies its still a pre sale opening offer, the following is on the cooling off form on there website

"Those who have joined online or during our pre-sale club openings and wish to cancel during the 14 day cooling off period will be entitled to a full refund."

Hi Lol,

This is a bit like pulling teeth ....... but we'll get there in the end !! :wink:

Please confirm exactly what the message said.

When did/will the gym open at Southend.

Hi Lol,

Is that all the text msg said ? I see nothing there about a Pre-Opening offer.

Hi Lol,

We see a huge number of £9.99 monthly m/ships here. That's not really a special "opening offer", despite how they make it sound.

Anyway, I think you should use all angles to help your case, ie :-

1. Naomi told you that you could cancel within 14 days without consequences.

2. Naomi said the £9.99 monthly fee was an extended pre-opening offer which the website says has the 14 days cooling off period

3. The gym's acknowledgement email said you were an online member so you'd have the 14 days to cancel. referred to the m/ship as an online m/ship so you have the 14 day cooling off period.

In the meantime, I suggest you wait for Harlands to make the first contact. Unless the start complaining about your cancelled DD mandate, you've nothing to worry about.

If/when Harlands come looking for money, you can tell them to clear off. If that doesn't work, you can write to X4Less's Head Office.

We'll assist as and when necessary ...........

30 days ??!! More often, we see that X4Less fail to process the cancellation completely, hence leaving you at the mercy of Harlands/CRS.

Let us know and we'll take it from there.

Hi Lol,

Who is the text msg from. In any event, it should be ignored completely.

You may need to reply to a letter when they bother actually writing to you but we'll suggest when this should happen.

Ok. It helps us if you tell us who is contacting you, so we can suggest what does, or does not, require a reply.

In your case here, I'm going to suggest that you write to X4Less's Head Office to try and nip it in the bud, before Harlands/CRS start harassing you.

Xercise4Les Leeds

Unit 1 Kirkstall Industrial Estate

Kirkstall Road

Burley

Leeds

LS4 2AZ

Dear sir or madam,

I responded to a pre-opening message and visited the Southend gym.

Staff member Naomi said I could sign up but I had 14 days to change my mind if I wanted.

The following day(10th February), I decided against joining and cancelled my DD mandate via my bank.

Please ensure the cancellation is properly processed so I am not hounded and harassed by Harlands/CRS.

Get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter and keep it.

Warrants a complaint on its own IMO, disgusting behaviour, X4Less need to be made aware that their systems are seriously flawed.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just has this emailed to me, could be a result

Thank you for contacting Xercise4Less in regards to cancelling your

membership, we can confirm that your account has now been cancelled.

We are sad to see you go and hope to help change your life in the near future.

Team Xercise4Less.

Regards

Central Support Team

Head Office

Xercise4Less

Unit 1, Kirkstall Industrial Estate,

Kirkstall Road,

Leeds,

LS4 2AZ

xercise4less.co.uk