small claim against a "sole trader" caravan repairer ***Paid in Full***

marka1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With the date I can request judgment fast approaching, I would like help on my next move. Obviously, I must request judgment online. When judgment is requested does a judge look at the POCicon and decide if there is enough of a case to rule in our favour, or, does the fact we've had no response make it a win for us anyway?

No, a judge won't look at it, it is an automatic process.

Another point to mention, is I drove past his unit the other day. There was no one about, but he still had motorhomes outside and his sign was still above the door. Would it make much of a difference if he was in the process of moving premises?

It makes no difference legally, but practically speaking it will be difficult to enforce a judgment if you can't track him down.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Steampowered.

I'm quite sure of the defendant's home address. Do you think it might be a good idea to change the business address to his home address when it comes to judgement?

I can always go on another occasion and check he is still there. If he doesn't spend much time he will still receive the letters.

If it gets to the stage where court bailiffs and high court enforcement officers are involved, will they not track him down anyway.

Hi,

Judgement has now been entered , and payment requested forthwith.

If we choose the high court enforcement route. What would happen if the debtor paid during the transfer up process.

We are choosing a hceo who would carry out the transfer for us.

I wouldn't know to be honest?

But I would think that on receipt of your judgement any EO process would be cancelled?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks steampowered.

If it was early in the process, i.e before a visit was made, would I or the debtor be liable for charges already accrued ?

Depends..if you instructed before the initial time frame to pay elapsed...you would be liable...if after the defendant would be liable.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Update:

The defendant has now paid in full via the high court enforcement officers.

Thanks for all of your help.

Is there anything else I must do to advise that the CCJ has now been settled?

Thanks

Mark

hey well done glad to help

dx

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover its expenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

or by downloading our toolbar and using it to search the web instead of your normal search engine:- http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/cag_plugin.php

Please help.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Update:

The defendant has now paid in full via the high court enforcement officers.

Thanks for all of your help.

Is there anything else I must do to advise that the CCJ has now been settled?

Thanks

Mark

Yes very well done...will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.

Its for the judgment debtor to inform the relevant CRA/Trust that its been paid in full/settled.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well done. If they paid more than a month after the judgment order the ccj will be registered against them for 6 years. Up to them if they want to pay a fee for a certificate of satisfaction. I think the only time that the court may contact you is if the defendant requests the ccj entry be marked as satisfied (or removed if they claim it was paid within one month) but have not provided any proof to the court of the payment & date. In that case the court will write to you for confirmation, if you don't reply they will take the defendants word and amend the entry.

Brilliant news! Well done.

A definite case of slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!