Jsa

Love or hate me
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone on here having to sign on daily?

Do I need to fill my work booklet everyday?

I start signing on daily from tomorrow was told when I was in today.

And another thing got a letter saying from 1st December when u sign on make sure u prepare for staying from 10 mins to 1 hour with adviser or assistant coach anyone been giving this ?

Nope, totally pointless stunt that actually makes things worse by detracting the claimant from job searching. What I would simply do is if you are in daily do a couple of 'one click' applications on Reed or CVL and take those print outs along to show you have applied - you DO NOT need to use the work booklet, how yousupply your search and application evidence is up to you.

P.S Outside of your normal signing on day ensure you get all fares refunded to you

Nope, totally pointless stunt that actually makes things worse by detracting the claimant from job searching. What I would simply do is if you are in daily do a couple of 'one click' applications on Reed or CVL and take those print outs along to show you have applied - you DO NOT need to use the work booklet, how yousupply your search and application evidence is up to you.

P.S Outside of your normal signing on day ensure you get all fares refunded to you

I really don't see why u would ask people to sign on daily because most times the advisers can't fit u in because she's fully booked so why ask people to sign on.

Ye when I go in tomorrow a will get my refund for attending today and tomorrow they are giving me money for a mega rider to get the bus in and out.

They have computers in job centre for people to use but I think if u have a computer at home and u know how to use it u should be aloud to do it at home and let people who can't use a computer to come in and use them but one thing that confuse me is the gov are trying to save money? But yet are getting people to sign on daily but give them a week mega rider which cost money because they are giving u the cash for u to attend.

If u want to save cash don't get people signing on daily that would be my point.

They get praised for getting people sanctioned. They are hoping you miss a day so they can sanction you. I got sanctioned once for being 5 minutes late after a building up the road collapsed. Apparently I should have known this was going to happen and made plans to avoid it.

I sign on fortnightly and was told why I was still doing fortnightly. She said that I should be weekly then 10secs after saying that said only if i get selected. Oh lucky me lol! Hope I don't cos they are useless fortnightly as it is!:!::madgrin:

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

In principle the use of daily sign on I am against.

Saying that

My housemate was until recently long term unemployed. Stayed up every night till 4am in the morning playing games then went to bed till 6pm in the afternoon.

Unsurprisingly the lack of routine made him virtually unemployable. Not to mention his diet was bad and he began suffering ill health as a result.

Daily sign on for him would of forced him to get into a routine

Outside of that VERY NARROW set of circumstances I am against daily sign on.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I know we should not judge but for me daily sign on should be for the young and those with little or no skills that have never worked or been ina routine. That way it teaches them time keeping, and multi-tasking. What use is daily signing when a person with 20+ years work history who is used to earning £30k+, has a laptop and printer at home and is skilled in the use of IT for job searching?

When on JSA I was asked to come in weekly (via INGEUS) instead of fortnightly - I challenged it as I was set up at home and got my way - unfortunately JCP and WP providers use a template of 'one size fits all' when that is not the case

Saying that

My housemate was until recently long term unemployed. Stayed up every night till 4am in the morning playing games then went to bed till 6pm in the afternoon.

Unsurprisingly the lack of routine made him virtually unemployable. Not to mention his diet was bad and he began suffering ill health as a result.

But daily could be any time so it's hardly routine

I know we should not judge but for me daily sign on should be for the young and those with little or no skills that have never worked or been ina routine. That way it teaches them time keeping, and multi-tasking. What use is daily signing when a person with 20+ years work history who is used to earning £30k+, has a laptop and printer at home and is skilled in the use of IT for job searching?

When on JSA I was asked to come in weekly (via INGEUS) instead of fortnightly - I challenged it as I was set up at home and got my way - unfortunately JCP and WP providers use a template of 'one size fits all' when that is not the case

daily is pointless and only there to mess with people's heads and days

It isn't of any actual use to the jobseeker

They get praised for getting people sanctioned. They are hoping you miss a day so they can sanction you. I got sanctioned once for being 5 minutes late after a building up the road collapsed. Apparently I should have known this was going to happen and made plans to avoid it.

Ye good point how are u suppose to know a building up the road collapsed it's like u are suppose to know everything because your jobless and sign on

I sign on fortnightly and was told why I was still doing fortnightly. She said that I should be weekly then 10secs after saying that said only if i get selected. Oh lucky me lol! Hope I don't cos they are useless fortnightly as it is!:!::madgrin:

They will select u a thought I wouldn't but I have and to be honest I can't be ass with it but what options I got to say no none because the gov just want your cash

Saying that

Ye I see your point but tbh they don't care about if u sleep all day up all night or if your doing something etc they just want to waste your life inside a job centre and not actually give you a life

Ye I see your point

I haven't had much job experience but am not young like 18-20 year old people who are signing on they don't get put on daily etc signing on but yet other people do, I'm not a drinker or do drugs or do much but getting out on daily sign on will bore me and depressed me more attending a job centre daily when it takes away my own job search time and doing other things and by other things I don't mean working .

But what's the point anymore daily sign on will be my life till I get a job sooner rather then later.

To be honest even if there job at 8hours getting put up I will go for it if it is like in my town which is 10 mins on bus 15/-20 walk To get money because no way I want to be attending the job centre everyday people might not agree but to me I would rather get a job at few hours than having a daily sign on

daily is pointless and only there to mess with people's heads and days

It isn't of any actual use to the jobseeker

I agree if they could build stuff around my area then people wouldn't need to sign on daily and there quite a bit of empty shops lately and 1open but that's no use if your a job seeker

But daily could be any time so it's hardly routine

Ye it's not routine as the adviser has to have a available appointment to fit you in.

Fed up with it all I do hours of job looking when I'm a home and having to do daily sign on is just gonna. Be a pain in the butt.

I understand that daily sign on is contentious and questionable. Sure it will more than likely bore you. BUT take advantage of the fact.

They will be paying for a weekly bus pass right?

Everytime you go to sign, why not utalise the free public transport to do other things that you actually might enjoy. IF you have the money arrange ot meet pple for a coffee or something.

Turn the negative into something productive for your benefit. :)

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I understand that daily sign on is contentious and questionable. Sure it will more than likely bore you. BUT take advantage of the fact.

They will be paying for a weekly bus pass right?

Everytime you go to sign, why not utalise the free public transport to do other things that you actually might enjoy. IF you have the money arrange ot meet pple for a coffee or something.

Turn the negative into something productive for your benefit. :)

Ye good point there free bus pass!

But If they didn't do daily sign on then they would save cash that the government supposly needs to do

What SabreSheep said ...

When I signed on or went on pointless INGEUS courses I just went through the motions but took advantage of the free travel to have a mooch around shops, go to the main library, go for a coffee and also go for bus rides places I had not been to for ages as the ticket covered a big area - especially nice in the summer months. I just about handled 2 hour workshops (sat at the back usually doing my own finances etc on paper pretending to listen) what I objected to was 2 week courses that offered NOTHING and I soon got out of them

What SabreSheep said ...

When I signed on or went on pointless INGEUS courses I just went through the motions but took advantage of the free travel to have a mooch around shops, go to the main library, go for a coffee and also go for bus rides places I had not been to for ages as the ticket covered a big area - especially nice in the summer months. I just about handled 2 hour workshops (sat at the back usually doing my own finances etc on paper pretending to listen) what I objected to was 2 week courses that offered NOTHING and I soon got out of them

Ye good for going places with free bus travel

I did plenty of Ingeus workshops I agree if a 2 week course that offers nothing is pointless

They must have decided to love you. Specially selected to be loved, aren’t you lucky?

Won’t this be daily attendance at Jobcentre? The law does not make provision for daily signing-on.

Is this mandatory, were you told so in writing?

Have they not explained to you what you will be doing, how long for and what’s the aim which they should have done, in writing, if it’s mandatory.

Have you checked how this activity differs from or alters your Jobseeker’s Agreement which can’t be varied or altered without your agreement and consent?

Why do they do it? This answer by IDS to a question in Parliament about coming up with such activities or schemes might help you to understand what is going on:

“We want to improve them and that is what jobcentre staff do. They are brilliant at that, by the way, and they get better and better. My point on mandatory work activity is that it is not just work experience. It is also about changing culture: finding out whether someone is working and not declaring it; and getting people used to the idea of getting out of bed in the morning and attending somewhere where they do what they have been asked to do, because they have so got out of the habit of doing that, that even attending an interview has become a problem for them. This is not just about training; it is about getting people culturally back in line so that they can then be dealt with by advisers.”

There you have it, brainwashing. Some are starting to agree with the policy already, not for them of course but for other sub-groups.

The culture I was born and raised in provided me with an education and a career. I do not intend to allow my culture to be obliterated, or brought into the sort of line that only slaves would recognise, by flunkies mostly from alien cultures themselves where that sort of life is par for the course.

This is why I advocate being as awkward and argumentative as possible within the bounds of claimant rights at every opportunity. The notion of going along with whatever nonsense advisers come up with just for a quiet life is ridiculous. All that does is show advisers a willingness or susceptibility to brainwashing and encourage them to dish out more of the same.

Sooner or later it will dawn on those advocating turning the other cheek that it does not work. Hopefully, by that stage it won't be too late, individualism and principle will not have been already sold down the river.

How things have changed! I was signing on between 2010 and 2012 and had never heard of daily signing. I do remember it being ridiculously busy and it was smply "have you done your jobsearch?" "yes" "please sign here" "bye. See you in two weeks". Certainly never anything like mentioned here. You had to book a separate appointment if you needed a push in the right direction in regards to education and work.

They must have decided to love you. Specially selected to be loved, aren’t you lucky?

Won’t this be daily attendance at Jobcentre? The law does not make provision for daily signing-on.

Is this mandatory, were you told so in writing?

Have they not explained to you what you will be doing, how long for and what’s the aim which they should have done, in writing, if it’s mandatory.

Have you checked how this activity differs from or alters your Jobseeker’s Agreement which can’t be varied or altered without your agreement and consent?

Why do they do it? This answer by IDS to a question in Parliament about coming up with such activities or schemes might help you to understand what is going on:

“We want to improve them and that is what jobcentre staff do. They are brilliant at that, by the way, and they get better and better. My point on mandatory work activity is that it is not just work experience. It is also about changing culture: finding out whether someone is working and not declaring it; and getting people used to the idea of getting out of bed in the morning and attending somewhere where they do what they have been asked to do, because they have so got out of the habit of doing that, that even attending an interview has become a problem for them. This is not just about training; it is about getting people culturally back in line so that they can then be dealt with by advisers.”

There you have it, brainwashing. Some are starting to agree with the policy already, not for them of course but for other sub-groups.

The culture I was born and raised in provided me with an education and a career. I do not intend to allow my culture to be obliterated, or brought into the sort of line that only slaves would recognise, by flunkies mostly from alien cultures themselves where that sort of life is par for the course.

This is why I advocate being as awkward and argumentative as possible within the bounds of claimant rights at every opportunity. The notion of going along with whatever nonsense advisers come up with just for a quiet life is ridiculous. All that does is show advisers a willingness or susceptibility to brainwashing and encourage them to dish out more of the same.

Sooner or later it will dawn on those advocating turning the other cheek that it does not work. Hopefully, by that stage it won't be too late, individualism and principle will not have been already sold down the river.

Fun times for me daily sign on

No was never given any mandatory notice /letter to attend and no info on what was happening just was told by advisers when I was attending my adviser appointment.

This from a FOI response:

“I can confirm that the Department requires Work Programme providers to notify participants in writing on a Mandatory Activity Notification (MAN) letter on every occasion a participant is mandated to do something. Providers are also required to record the information in each MAN letter along with all other ongoing mandatory requirements in a single action planning document.”

I could not find anything specific to DWP appointment but it would be unusual if DWP insisted that WP Providers should follow this rule and they did not. Either way it could be raised as an issue, if not justification for not complying with a verbal request.

Never accept a verbal appointment from the JC; get it in writing, dated and signed. You'd think they would prefer to give you it in writing as then if you've received and signed for it, you can't make an excuse for 'forgetting' to turn up.

I've had incidents in the past where appointments have been logged on the system and not notified to me at all, plus appointments being logged at XXX time and date and me being given an appointment card saying something totally different.

Incompetence, carelessness or deliberately done? All three, as far as I'm concerned. Always get everything in writing.

Never accept a verbal appointment from the JC; get it in writing, dated and signed.

Good advice - I had one appointment card with "TBA" written on it. Fun and games ensued when they tried to claim "missed appointment", but backed down when they agreed it was vague and I did not have powers of ESP.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.