British Gas incorrect CRA update

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I moved into a new house in July 2014 which had BG as the gas and electricity supplier.

At the beginning of Sept I changed supply to another company.

Shortly afterwards I received my final bill which for July and August amounted to £308 for gas and £90 for Electricity.

they wanted £400 for 2 months supply in a new build house.

I queried this and they stated the meter readings were correct and somebody had been to our property and manually read the meters.

long story cut short,

they weren't telling the truth

after 7 months of wrangling and speaking to 2x DCA,

taking my complaint to Centrica and providing a photo of my meter in February

(which was still way below there supposed read) they agreed there was a mistake.

All good

final bill adjusted to £120 for both + £60 compensation and still ended up with a £35.17 refund!

Finally the end of the matter or so I thought...

In mid April I contacted the bank to take out a loan for £12k.

Over the phone they provisionally approved me based on their internal scoring system but declined me based on my credit score.

I queried this and was advised to take a copy of my credit report to the branch.

I printed off my Experian credit report and met with the adviser to go through the finer details

they couldn't see anything array and eventually agreed to lend the money by turning it into a joint application and at a high interest rate (18.9%!).

last night I checked my free credit report with Noddle and saw 4 months missed payment on both of my old BG accounts.

whilst I was disputing the final bill with them they logged missed payments on both accounts until I settled in April.

So two questions I have:

1) Will BG remove these based on the fact they upheld my complaint?

2) Can I pursue BG with regards to the higher interest rate on the loan?

as without the missed payment showing I would have had a lower interest rate.

Any help will be really appreciated

Thanks,

If you accepted the £60 compensation from British Gas then you might have issue trying to get further redress

They have no reason to mark your credit file as late if they have accepted it was their fault

This will probably take only one phone call to their credit control department to rectify

Thanks, I called them today and the complaints team will reach out to the data protection team to see if they will remove.

The £60 was for not receiving call backs as promised and providing me with false or misleading information

(estimated as opposed to actual meter read).

I guess my question is if they hadn't provided incorrect data to the CRA

I would have got a lower interest rate on the loan,

do I have any case against BG for this?

Difficult

Yes it has impacted your credit rating and you have suffered loss because of it

I would concentrate on getting these negative markers on your credit file removed first before you start down damage to financial reputation.

You have 100% proof that British Gas were negligent in schedule 4 of the Data Protection Act principles as to accuracy.

Edited by obiter dictum

First thing is to stop phoning them and start with a formal letter of complaint to the Executive office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.